Longevity Clinics: Cleveland Clinic, Wellness and Preventive Medicine, Michael F. Roizen MD

Cleveland Clinic: Longevity Medicine in Practice as Now Practiced – Michael F. Roizen, MD, Chief Wellness Officer Emeritus, Professor, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine at Case Western Reserve University

Dr. Roizen was, from my perspective, the best presenter of the day. He is a passionate and enthusiastic presenter who really brings longevity medicine to life. He’s a living example of his practice.

The clientele that the Cleveland Clinic targets in the wellness / longevity market is much more mainstream (i.e. middle to upper management in companies in the mid-west), said Dr. Roizen (very different from the Human Longevity and Fountain Life type clinics). The Cleveland clinic has a $3500 executive program, that Dr. Roizen was covering in this presentation.

While that means that their prices are a lot lower, it also tends to mean that the people they serve tend to be much less fanatical about their health than some people that are getting the full genome sequencing and full body MRIs on a yearly basis. Keeping them motivated to move towards a healthy lifestyle is one of their key challenges with their clients.

Dr. Roizen’s Information

Websites:

Related Threads:

1. Longevity Clinics: What They Are, Services & More
  2. Longevity Clinics: Dr. Andrea Maier, Chi Longevity, Singapore
  3. Longevity Clinics: Dr. Mark Hyman, Function Health
  4. Longevity Clinics: Human Longevity Inc., Dr. David Karrow
  5. Longevity Clinics: Fountain Life, Mona Ezzat – Velinov, MD
  6. The Longevity Clinic Will See You Now—for $100,000 (WSJ)

4 Likes

Confirms the old 10,000 steps per day for the lowest HR, but adds a cadence of at least 100 steps/min for 30 minutes.

2 Likes

A discussion with Michael Roizen:

Do you remember roughly what he said about this? Seems like it might be interesting to look into more:

I don’t, but I did find the audio file for this talk.

Sorry for the poor quality, I’m moving my hands around on the phone because I’m also taking photos with it as I’m recording, but better than nothing… I guess. I don’t think I got the entire talk, sorry.

Here it is
Par1:

Part 2 (short)

1 Like

I searched up “Longevity Playbook”, which is on that slide. Turns out Michael Roizen has created an app by that name, so I’m assuming for that slide he’s talking about the increases in lifespan that you might expect if you implement the protocols in his app:

The Longevity Playbook health and fitness app created by Dr. Mike Roizen, and a dedicated team of Scientific Advisors took their life’s work to help people live healthier, longer lives with a few important habits and created and created an easy-to-use online program.

2 Likes

Michael F. Roizen, MD to Increase Activities with Telomir Pharmaceuticals as Special Advisor on Age Reversal

March 05, 2024 08:30 ET| Source: [TELOMIR PHARMACEUTICALS, INC.]

Dr. Roizen to provide expertise on longevity and aging

Research on aging involving Telomir’s lead product candidate focused on reversing age-related decline and the extension of human life

BALTIMORE, March 05, 2024 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Telomir Pharmaceuticals, Inc.(Nasdaq: TELO) (“Telomir” or the “Company”), a pre-clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of Telomir-1 as the first novel small molecule to lengthen the DNA’s protective telomere caps in order to affect age reversal, today announced that Michael F. Roizen, MD, a leader in age-related medicine and an existing advisor to the Company, will be increasing his role in the coming months as a Special Advisor on Age Reversal.

With a distinguished career in age-related medicine, including as the Chief Wellness Officer of the Cleveland Clinic, Dr. Roizen will provide direction to Telomir’s senior management and advise on medical and scientific matters, leveraging his extensive background in wellness, longevity, and age-reversal. His appointment reflects Telomir’s commitment to quality and innovation as it pursues potential treatments aimed at extending human life beyond what is currently possible.

A board-certified internist and anesthesiologist, Dr. Roizen has been instrumental in the development of many successful ventures. He co-founded RealAge Inc., a consumer-health media company and provider of personalized health information and management tools where he maintains the role on its Advisory Board. He also served 16 years on Food and Drug Administration (FDA) advisory committee and chaired one for two years. He also served as the editor of several medical journals before being named the Chief Wellness Officer of the Cleveland Clinic in 2007. In addition to his professional experience, Dr. Roizen has published several best-selling books, including four #1 New York Times bestsellers (and 9 in the top 10) that have been translated into as many as 44 languages. He has also authored more than 195 peer-reviewed scientific papers. Dr. Roizen has been awarded 14 U.S. patents as well as many foreign patents, including RELISTOR® (methylnaltrexone bromide), a drug he co-invented which went on to receive FDA approval.

Pre-clinical studies suggest that the Company’s TELOMIR-1 product candidate may have the potential to protect stem cells in the body by reducing the overload of metals such as zinc and copper that accompany age-related inflammatory conditions and certain cancers. This metal imbalance may impact the length of telomeres (which protect the ends of chromosomes from becoming frayed or tangled) in stem cells and impact their ability to sustain self-renewal, which in turn could lead to reversal of age-related decline.

A recent talk by Michael Roizen. He’s a good presenter:

Is 90 the New 40? | Dr. Michael Roizen, 2024 Longevity Summit

Dr. Roizen discusses the potential for having a genetic “do-over”, how people aging out of the workforce can have a negative impact on the economy, and the effects of inflammation.

Learn more about why you are the best genetic engineer for you, The Human Genome Project, and the importance of stress management.

1 Like