Importing Rapamycin to Save Money (2)

Hi. I’ve been lurking for a long time. Great forum with very knowledgeable base. Thanks to all involved.

Unfortunately the third package of acarbose (1yr supply) I have ordered from India to the UK via Jagdish Nikose and Niba Healthcare has been “held for customs inspection”

Does anyone has experience with this situation and is the package lost? Do I need to present a case or would a prescription for a private doctor help?

I’m very disappointment as I’m worried I won’t be able to safely order rapamycin and acarbose from india anymore - my two previous orders of rapamycin came just fine. Any advice appreciated.

2 Likes

Do you mean Jagdish Nikose from Niba? I just had my £200 package from him stopped at customs unforunately so not sure whether to try and a different method. It’s so frustrating not being able to order these meds safely. Acarbose really helps my gut issues as well.

4 Likes

Yes, but he is associated with NIBA and RL Pharma. I do not know the difference but currently, I am doing business with Jagdish Nikose at RL Pharma. 7236 is the last four digits
The only thing I can suggest is that you order a smaller amount so that the package size is smaller.

3 Likes

Do we believe that the size of the package matters? I’m happy with Apple Pharm, but it’s (as I’ve said) QUITE well packaged, meaning a lot of packaging.

1 Like

MediceneDROPSHIPPER has contacted me and is resending my order. Apparently, a mistake was made in his shipping dept. So, perhaps he is reliable.

3 Likes

I’m not sure how common the issue you have is. We have seen many people ordering successfully in the UK, but it does seem to have a slightly higher incidence of being held at customs. I think what people may be doing to solve this issue include:

1. Re-ordering (perhaps with a friend’s address)
  2. Ordering from an EU country (E.g. BG Pharma in Bulgaria) No Prescription Needed for Rapamycin Purchase in Turkey - #12 by RapAdmin
  3. Getting a prescription from UK doctor (see our list of doctors - admittedly, not too many options in the UK, and relatively expensive): Rapamycin Prescription, Doctors that Prescribe It

Recent discussions on the UK / Rapamycin issue:

Here: UK Rapamycin Imports - Confiscated by customs? Risk of arrest?

Here: EMS shipping vs RMS shipping, to the UK

Here: How to import Rapamycin into the EU Countries? Your Experiences Please

Here: Is anyone here in the UK taking rapamycin for longevity - if so how did you get it?

here: Rapamune for sale (UK)

Here: Has anyone from Europe (ideally Poland) Gotten Rapamycin From Abroad (India, etc)?

1 Like

Only because of forum members’ experience. The reason smaller packages are overlooked is that small amounts of medication from FDA-approved sources for personal use are allowed. They have no means of determining if you had a prescription for the order. This is a grey area and importation of medicines is generally not allowed. If it is allowed:
“The quantity is generally not more than a three-month supply”
Hence, my belief is that smaller packages are not as stringently inspected. I have had over a dozen orders from India in the last year and none have been stopped by customs.

3 Likes

@desertshores How large were your packages that got through?

1 Like

I generally order 100 - 200 tablets/capsules of things. It would be less expensive to order larger lots. But, for me, it is so much cheaper than U.S. prices I don’t mind.
The typical package I receive is approx 4x5x8 inches. Next shipment I receive, I will post a picture of the package.

2 Likes

Has anyone tried to have a shipment delivered to a post office box? I wonder if a PO address might be more likely to trigger a customs examination.

Got 300 Rapacan in 9"x4.5"x4" box (plus thick wrapper) from Kachhela a few months ago.

Kachhela packages, at least, come with ‘signature required’. (Which has only sometimes been honored by the delivery person.) So PO box wouldn’t work in that case, right?

1 Like

Are these being shipped via India Speedpost EMS? I’ve gotten all my packages by speedpost EMS, I think they tend to say signature required, but they always just get dropped on my front doorstep.

2 Likes

yep

My first two deliveries were just left in the mailbox. The third, postal guy knocked on the door for a signature. Thankfully I was home. But if I hadn’t been home, would expect to get a notice of attempted delivery, and then arrange to pick up or be home for re-attempt, I believe.

2 Likes

Just wanted to add I received my Acarbose to the UK despite it being “inspected by customs” Parcelforce did manage to send it to the wrong street though despite it being labelled correctly. A nice lady who received it in error just hand delivered to my door.

It had definitely been inspected as was all opened and rummaged through. Made my day.

Jagdish Nikose at RL Pharma has been reliable and makes a good contact.

3 Likes

Received my first order from Oddway. Secure packaging and great customer service

2 Likes

where as u could have ordered the rapa powder for like 1/100 of the price u pay from china as i have been doing.

3 Likes

I’m sure you’ve vetted your supplier and are confident in their product.

But a cautionary note to others, I just want to mention again my experience.

About 2 years ago I was trying to save on rapa by getting powder from China. I got a good price from a Chinese pharmaceutical company that looked reliable and had good references from other users (on another forum).

I asked the representative for a Certificate of Analysis. Several days later she sent me a COA that looked authentic. But when I reviewed it more closely I saw that the molecular weight was wrong. When they altered the certificate they forgot to alter the molecular weight of what they were going to send me. They intended to sell me a cheap look alike harmless white powder. I don’t remember now what it was.

Another buyer actually did buy from them and had his blood tested…it showed zero rapamycin.

5 Likes

A similar experience with these people who tested NMN products ordered on Amazon:

1 Like

Please do not trust Chinese products. They will do anything to make a buck. If something looks to good to be true…

Here’s a video on fake food they make using toxic chemicals.

4 Likes

I recall reading that Chinese companies would buy good supplement brands so they could get the good reviews and brand history to sell the supplements now made in china. Does anyone know whether there is anything to this?