My DAV* Therapy begins! *Doxycycline, Azithromycin and Vitamin C

Monday the 25th of September, 2023 at 8:10pm

Pickup today at a local pharmacy the doxycycline, and azithromycin. Used a GoodRX discount card the total cost for both $35.27

The Vitamin C{as ascorbyl palmitate has been ordered, I have other types Vitamin C that I will use till the ascorbyl palmitate version arrives.

Cost was $10.00 for the ascorbyl palmitate vitamin C.

General details about this therapy is at thread titled;

“Three-drug combination therapy for anti-aging”

My first dose;

Took 250mg of azithromycin{will be taking
once ever 3 day/72 hours] waited 45 minutes then took100mg of doxycycline{will be taking once every 12 hours]

FWIW, this is the first time in my life I take azithromycin

Took the first vitamin C{am taking 2g ever time] at 3:00am six hours after taking the doxycycline

2nd doxycycline at 9:00am

2nd vitamin C at 3:00pm, yes, 2g ever time

Have had no change good or bad as of this posting updated

9:00pm today the 26th of September took the 3rd 100mg of doxycycline.

Wednesday the 27th of September

3rd vitamin C at 4:23am yes, 2g ever time
4th doxycycline at 9:25am
4th vitamin C at 3:30pm{yes, 2g ever time
5th doxycycline at 8:53pm
Had no change good or bad as of this posting updated

Two days of DAV Therapy completed
33 days left

Also;

Started a 1 quart of what I call cream yogurt,
A quart of light cream added two scoops of organic inulin powder from chicory root mix well then added one shot{2.7oz/90ml] of Yakult, place in water bath at 100°F set for 24 hours this is my probiotic

Saw the following; Wednesday the 27th of September

It is usually safe to consume dairy products 2 hours before or after you take doxycycline.

Some common dairy products that you’ll want to avoid within a 2-hour window of taking doxycycline include:

• milk
  • buttermilk
  • cheese
  • butter
  • cream
  • ice cream
  • cottage cheese
  • cream cheese
  • sour cream
  • ghee
  • kefir
  • condensed milk
  • yogurt and frozen yogurt
  • whey and whey protein
  • desserts made with dairy products

Will be having my cream yogurts minimum 2 hours before or after taking the doxycycline

Thursday the 28th of September

4:54am 5th dose of Vitamin C 2g - should have be at 3:00am{did not get up]
10:14am 6th dose of doxycycline{should have been at 8:58am{yes, employment gets in the way.]
4:20pm 6th vitamin C dose 2g
5:15pm Had about ½ of the quart of the cream yogurt I made.

9:00pm took the 2nd dose of Azithromycin 250mg should have been 8:14pm

Was to take the 7th dose of doxycycline, fell a sleep. Missed schedule dose, just move forward.

No change good or bad to report as of this posting updated

Three days of DAV Therapy completed
32 days left as of update

Updated Friday the 29th of September at 7:50pmEST

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”

~ These words are often attributed to Asian sage Confucius

15 Likes

Let us know how it goes! How will you be measuring the effects of your regimen? Did you do bloodwork?

1 Like

Not planning any blood test.

I did review the testing in the published paper, a very expensive specialized analyzer was use an Agilent Seahorse

This is a link to the US patent application.

Abstract from above US patent application

“The present approach effectively eradicates senescent cells and cells carrying the hallmarks associated with aging, through inhibiting mitochondrial biogenesis during induced mitochondrial oxidative stress, without inhibiting normal cells. Embodiments may include a therapeutic agent that inhibits mitochondrial biogenesis and targets the large mitochondrial ribosome, a therapeutic agent that inhibits mitochondrial biogenesis and targets the small mitochondrial ribosome, and a therapeutic agent that behaves as a pro-oxidant or induces mitochondrial oxidative stress. Some embodiments include sub-antimicrobial antibiotic concentrations, thereby minimizing antibiotic resistance concerns”

From the above patent link;

“In an example embodiment for anti-aging, treatment according to the present approach was prescribed over a recurring cycle. The composition included azithromycin as the first antibiotic inhibiting the large mitochondrial ribosome, doxycycline as the second antibiotic inhibiting the small mitochondrial ribosome, and Vitamin C as a pro-oxidant for inducing mitochondrial oxidative stress. Over a five-week period, azithromycin was administered at 250 mg twice per week, doxycycline was administered at 100 mg twice per day, and Vitamin C was administered at 500 mg once per day. The subject—a 77-year old male—reported increased hair growth, mental awareness and acuity, strength and stamina, and sexual drive, as well as improved vision, hearing, speech, coordination and balance, an overall feeling of well-being and positive energy. The recipient also reported the disappearance of a clinically-palpable prostate nodule following treatment according to the present approach, without any other medications or changes in diet, exercise, and routine.”

As I posted in the other thread;

1 Like

Is there any way we can find out how that 77-year-old is doing today? If he’s dead now, I would be very skeptical. Also, it is an n=1 experiment.

But the results sound amazing.

4 Likes

Ask?

The point of contact, from the published paper.

Correspondence to: Federica Sotgia²;
email: fsotgia@gmail.com

Correspondence to: Michael P. Lisanti¹;
email: michaelp.lisanti@gmail.com

¹Professor Michael P Lisanti, MD-PhD, FRSA
Chair in Translational Medicine
School of Environment & Life Sciences
University of Salford
+44 (0)1612 950 240

M.P.Lisanti@salford.ac.uk

²The Department of Pharmacy, Health and Nutritional Sciences, The University of Calabria, Cosenza, Italy

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s a good idea to start taking azithromycin long term in the real world, you are going to select for some nasty resistant gut bacteria like Clostridioides difficile

7 Likes
2 Likes

Keep us updated on your results. I wish you all the best!

1 Like

My Indian suppliers have the Azithromycin so I’ll be starting in a week or two as well. I’m quite excited. My only fear is that it will disrupt mitochondrial function and deplete ATP in non CSC. But as far as I’ve read, this won’t be an issue as the CSC have a much greater need for ATP than the non-CSC.

Review the patent and the paper posted above.

Walter, are you in the UK?

Yes @Joseph , I’m UK based. That’s my London tie :blush: Are you also UK based?

I reviewed the patent, but it wasn’t entirely clear if mitochondrial dysfunction in normal cells (non-CSC) was an outcome they measured. I might have missed it.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s how it works. Azitromycin is still gets in your gut and since it is a bacteriostatic antibiotic will inhibit growth of the most susceptible bacteria more than the less susceptible who will get a slight competitive advantage. Besides that half life of azitromycin is 2-4 days so if you plan on taking it every 72h you will still get accumulation

1 Like

Walter,

Contact the authors of the paper, go visit them
Both work in the UK and have the testing equipment.

Michael P. Lisanti in a Medical Doctor

The point of contact, from the published paper.

Correspondence to: Federica Sotgia²;
email: fsotgia@gmail.com

Correspondence to: Michael P. Lisanti¹;
email: michaelp.lisanti@gmail.com

¹Translational Medicine, School of Environment and Life Sciences, Biomedical Research Centre (BRC), University of Salford, Greater Manchester, M5 4WT, United Kingdom

²The Department of Pharmacy, Health and Nutritional Sciences, The University of Calabria, Cosenza, Italy

1 Like

In 5 weeks/35 days will we see who’s is correct.

Azitromycin is one of the worst antibiotics for my gut, guaranteed diarrhoea and severe cramps and well known for the possibility of pseudomembranous colitis. But you could be lucky enough not to have side effects

1 Like

@Joseph maybe I missed it, how did you determine the dose of Zithromax?

1 Like

Joseph,
thanks for agreeing to be our lab rat number one on this :slight_smile: Keep us informed.

2 Likes

It is in the published paper and patent

Stated 250mg two times a week, I decided on once ever 72 hours.

The purpose of the azithromycin is to “targets the large mitochondrial ribosome,”

1 Like

so what you are saying is that you want to reinvent the wheel. Got it. Do it exactly as study is saying DUDE, and then experiment later if you want.
I plan on giving it a try 100% same way as the paper. I will have to only load up on VitC &Lycine if an eventual virus threat becomes evident. Other than that it will be exactly as noted on paper. My order is in and my Indians are hard at work fulfilling it,

2 Likes

@Joseph gonna bug you one more time. Could you determine how they chose 5 weeks? As opposed to any other duration?

1 Like