Importing Rapamycin to Save Money (2)

Are you still interested in passing on your Sirolimus. I was just in the process of ordering some but might use yours instead. How much did you have to pay and do you want to get some of that back?
Email me at davekarpinski@yahoo.com.

RE: The FDA Action letter, sadly, is not limited to large amounts. I just received such a letter for 180 tabs. Ironically, I also ordered from another vendor, after the significant delay due to what was revealed to be the customs action, a lesser amount that arrived in ~ 2 weeks.

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that @oaklandgrrl. I’d welcome more details: source vendor, destination location, any guesses as to why (though it may just be random bad luck)… if you’re willing. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I ordered it too one week ago - shipping to europe.
Very patient and nice contact (Girish).
Paying by wise- Even in euro was possible.

2 Likes

I had a good experience with Oddway in India, ordering 100 Rapacan. Payment was by credit card and the process was very quick. The shipment arrived on the West Coast in about 10 days. I tested my blood level after the first dose and it was as expected. Because this went so smoothly, I followed up with another order, this time for 200 ezetimibe. After about 10 days I received a notice from CBP that a shipment of a controlled substance addressed to me, two boxes of eszopiclone, had been seized and unless I appealed would be destroyed.

When I contacted Oddway they insisted that they had mailed ezetimibe and offered to replace the lost shipment. I’m disinclined to try ezetimibe again but may apply the credit to more Rapacan. However, I am concerned that I could now be on watch list with CBP. Has anyone had experience with anything similar?

I wanted to wait until the FDA/Import process was completed before posting my resolution. I ordered sirolimus, 180 tabs in July. It was delayed for weeks. I then learned that during that period there was a coordinated effort between US and India to target the import of “illicit drugs”

My provider gave me an update with this info. I then received a letter from customs that my package would be destroyed, but that I could petition to have it released, which I did. I wrote the FDA arguing that the contents of the package fell within the “personal importation” per 21 USC 384(j). I absolutely did not expect any response, however, a representative of the FDA responded and ultimately agreed to release the package for delivery but expressly did not accept the argument as the package branding was insufficient in that it did not identify the contents with an RX meaning prescription meds. Last week I received the package 1.5 months later.

6 Likes

I’m amazed that they ultimately let you have your medicines.

I had not heard of this new “crack-down” effort on people trying to get affordable medications to live longer, healthier lives. Very disappointing. ( I do applaud their efforts at blocking opioids, which are killing so many people).

It seems people may increasingly need to get creative to purchase medications at reasonable prices… like traveling on vacation to places like India and Turkey, shipping the product to friends (to avoid any possible flagging of future shipments/ watch lists if you’ve had issues in the past), etc…

Here are some other news articles on this new initiative (but to be honest it sounds pretty limited in scope and perhaps more “optics” than anything that will seriously impact things … they looked at 1,500 packages and blocked 500):

New Delhi: The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), and U.S. Postal Inspection Service (USPIS), in collaboration with the Government of India’s Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) conducted Operation Broader Sword, a special bilateral multi-agency enforcement operation targeting illicit pharmaceuticals, devices, or precursor chemicals shipped using the international mail system. The operation, carried out in June 2023, stopped over 500 shipments of illicit, and potentially dangerous, unapproved prescription drugs, combination medical devices, and synthetic drug precursors from reaching American consumers.

Operation Broader Sword targeted packages entering the U.S. from India through the New York (JFK) and Chicago (ORD) International Mail Facilities (IMFs) from June 12-23. During the operation, investigators examined more than 1500 shipments originating in India, taking action on approximately 500 products, including illicit and illegal medications intended to treat and or mitigate serious diseases. Many shipments were determined to have included opioid and other controlled substance drug products. In anticipation of the Operation, HSI special agents conducted a controlled delivery of a shipment of suspected products resulting in the arrest of an Indian national for the illegal importation of illicit pharmaceuticals including opioids and other controlled substances.

3 Likes

Was this time period in July 2023 during “Operation Broader Sword”? An option could be to have it sent to a friend/relative if there is a database they check against. I don’t know that there is.

2 Likes

I can be quite persuasive… :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

As you may know, I order personal medications from India almost every month for acarbose to tretinoin. Lucky me, the only hiccup I have had was when one vendor, Meddicine DROPSHIPPER, sent me someone else’s meds. My shipments have never been delayed in customs. As you also know I am a fan of Jikose Nikose, he is always reliable.

4 Likes

From what I’ve read, the unique combination of the seller and the name of the buyer whose product was confiscated does put you on a watch list. So if a random sample of that seller’s shipment happens to be pulled by Customs for closer inspection and your name and address is in their database, you might be at greater risk of a second seizure. IDK if its true or not.

I had a seizure once but subsequent orders went through with no problem. It might be worth it to use a different name or address, but I really think its mostly just a matter of chance that you have little control over.

I am impressed with the persuasion of @oaklandgrrl

3 Likes

I’ve had orders that have been opened and checked by Customs but not held (they put special green tape on the box afterwards saying “Opened by Customs”). But - never had one held. I don’t understand the rationale, but I’m just thankful to get the packages.

4 Likes

Hi. I’ve been lurking for a long time. Great forum with very knowledgeable base. Thanks to all involved.

Unfortunately the third package of acarbose (1yr supply) I have ordered from India to the UK via Jagdish Nikose and Niba Healthcare has been “held for customs inspection”

Does anyone has experience with this situation and is the package lost? Do I need to present a case or would a prescription for a private doctor help?

I’m very disappointment as I’m worried I won’t be able to safely order rapamycin and acarbose from india anymore - my two previous orders of rapamycin came just fine. Any advice appreciated.

2 Likes

Do you mean Jagdish Nikose from Niba? I just had my £200 package from him stopped at customs unforunately so not sure whether to try and a different method. It’s so frustrating not being able to order these meds safely. Acarbose really helps my gut issues as well.

4 Likes

Yes, but he is associated with NIBA and RL Pharma. I do not know the difference but currently, I am doing business with Jagdish Nikose at RL Pharma. 7236 is the last four digits
The only thing I can suggest is that you order a smaller amount so that the package size is smaller.

3 Likes

Do we believe that the size of the package matters? I’m happy with Apple Pharm, but it’s (as I’ve said) QUITE well packaged, meaning a lot of packaging.

1 Like

MediceneDROPSHIPPER has contacted me and is resending my order. Apparently, a mistake was made in his shipping dept. So, perhaps he is reliable.

3 Likes

I’m not sure how common the issue you have is. We have seen many people ordering successfully in the UK, but it does seem to have a slightly higher incidence of being held at customs. I think what people may be doing to solve this issue include:

1. Re-ordering (perhaps with a friend’s address)
  2. Ordering from an EU country (E.g. BG Pharma in Bulgaria) No Prescription Needed for Rapamycin Purchase in Turkey - #12 by RapAdmin
  3. Getting a prescription from UK doctor (see our list of doctors - admittedly, not too many options in the UK, and relatively expensive): Rapamycin Prescription, Doctors that Prescribe It

Recent discussions on the UK / Rapamycin issue:

Here: UK Rapamycin Imports - Confiscated by customs? Risk of arrest?

Here: EMS shipping vs RMS shipping, to the UK

Here: How to import Rapamycin into the EU Countries? Your Experiences Please

Here: Is anyone here in the UK taking rapamycin for longevity - if so how did you get it?

here: Rapamune for sale (UK)

Here: Has anyone from Europe (ideally Poland) Gotten Rapamycin From Abroad (India, etc)?

1 Like

Only because of forum members’ experience. The reason smaller packages are overlooked is that small amounts of medication from FDA-approved sources for personal use are allowed. They have no means of determining if you had a prescription for the order. This is a grey area and importation of medicines is generally not allowed. If it is allowed:
“The quantity is generally not more than a three-month supply”
Hence, my belief is that smaller packages are not as stringently inspected. I have had over a dozen orders from India in the last year and none have been stopped by customs.

3 Likes

@desertshores How large were your packages that got through?

1 Like