Anti-aging Benefits of Rapamycin, Personal Experiences (part 2)

Took my first dose today 1mg, very excited age 39. Alot of great info in here.

7 Likes

Welcome to the dark side of anti-aging… brahaha.

8 Likes

Do you mind if I ask what caused your tinnitus ? I have noise induced and am wondering if I can see any benefit.

1 Like

do you have any previous conditions before starting Rapa? any major medications that you are on?

1 Like

Hi there. New to this site. I would love to see the “benefits of Rapamycin” according to age categories. I suspect that the under 55 or 60 accounts for “nothing noted” and the percentages for improvements would be much greater in above 55-60 age crowd. Just an idea. Thank you for your work.

3 Likes

I think you are spot on.

At 62 years, I was already having a variety of issues… visceral fat, dysphagia, memory issues, strength diminished, loss of skin elasticity, eye issues.

These and more were greatly improved by 3 + years of rapamycin.

7 Likes

I’m 49 and that is indeed what I voted

2 Likes

I am just finishing (as a subject) the year-long PEARL clinical trial using Rapamycin, where one of the principal endpoints is visceral fat, as measured in a DXA scan. I have seen a 30% drop in total-body visceral fat, from about 3.3 lb to 2.3 lb.

Source: “TahoeDenizen” here

7 Likes

Approximately 18 months on Rapamycin. First 3 months a 6mg once per week. Then off for some 3 months (detailed elsewhere). Then restarted at 12mg once per week.

After 3 months on following my restart, I effortlessly dropped from a peak pf 206 lbs / 24% body fat to 194 lbs / 21% bf.

About six week ago I started another loss of weight. Note: I had upped my physical activity quite at bit.

This morning I weighed in at 177 lbs / 17% body fat.

Blood work great. Interesting journey.

11 Likes
3 Likes

Newly posted:

6 Likes

Exactly. New growth comes in solid black… lol.

7 Likes

another benefit:

6 Likes

Another possible benefit:

5 Likes

another potential benefit:

Here’s where it gets really interesting again! My partner dipped into menopause and then rocketed back out!

Source:

4 Likes

Possible nose, skin, facial benefits from rapamycin in this thread:

5 Likes

Rapamycin and Periodontal Disease

I went to the dentist for a cleaning yesterday. For several years, I’ve had inflamed gums- based on measurments taken by the hygenist. I have used a waterpik and Sonicare toothbrush for many years, but no improvement.

I have now been on rapamycin for seven months and have read the mouse studies that show rapamycin combats periodontal disease. I had high hopes/expectations that I would show significant improvement. And rapamycin delivered!

On average, the teeth where the gums had shown the most inflammation had an average improvement near 40%. Happy about that!!!

13 Likes

Rapamycin and Prostate Health

I’m 68 and I retired six years ago. I remember a few “aging” conversations I had with some work buddies while standing around the shuffleboard table. They were all much younger than me- 30’s to early forties. I specifically recall telling then about how my “stream” was weakening (not that they were really interested, but I always liked to share).

More recently, about two years ago, I started to get sudden urges where I had to immediately head to the bathroom. I felt I’d pee my pants if I didn’t hurry.

Both of these (weaker stream and sudden urges) are hallmarks of aging.
Your prostrate grows larger as you age, resulting in a narrowing of the space for your urethra.

After seven months on rapa, I can’t say I’m peeing like a horse as I’m not really endowed as such. But, the strong stream has returned!! My wife even commented on it from the other room. And I almost never get the strong urge anymore.

This is certainly an N=1 with no data to back it up. Has my prostate grown smaller? Maybe it’s an anti-inflammatory thing? I don’t know…

8 Likes

These experiences are interesting to read, but I would urge contributors to also include the dose and timing of your rapamycin, please.

8 Likes

I take 8mg (Biocon Rapacan from Shreeji/Impex @ .60 per mg) every Friday morning on an empty stomach.
I’m 6’1 and 210 lbs.

5 Likes