Women Taking Rapamycin for Enhanced Fertility / Menopause Prevention?

Some very good news…

A cohort study on IVF outcomes in infertile endometriosis patients: the effects of rapamycin treatment

Results

Rapamycin could decrease markers of enhanced oxidative capacity, 8-OHDG and MDA, and increase antioxidant markers, SOD and GSH-PX. The expression of senescence-related markers p16 and p21 in follicular fluid was significantly lower in the treatment group than in the non-treatment group.

The days of ovarian stimulation were much shorter in the treatment group compared to the non-treatment group, and the number of oocytes obtained and mature oocytes also increased considerably in the treatment group.

Furthermore, Rates of fertilization, implantation and pregnancy were significantly higher in the treatment group, whereas rate of early miscarriage were significantly higher in the non-treatment group.

80 endometriosis women who received rapamycin in the second cycle had significantly better IVF outcomes than their first IVF cycle which did not receive rapamycin. Live birth rate was significantly higher in the treatment group than in the non-treatment group. No structural abnormalities seen in fetuses born to women treated with rapamycin.

Source Paper:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1472648323004194

3 Likes

Has there been any research on adding Taurine to Rapa for infertility? It seems logical that it would be helpful. As it’s highest in babies and children. Plus is a large portion of breast milk. As it also goes down with age.

It helps my melatonin work much better. I’ve been sleeping better since I started it.

Are there any more articles available about it. There’s no dosage/protocol used information I can find. I’ve taken Rapa for the first 3 days of my cycle (6-8g total) for several months now. It would be nice to find more information to work with.

1 Like

I’ve emailed the authors to see if I can get the dosing info, and a full copy of the paper. Will let you know if I hear anything back from them.

This study I just cited was the first human study I’ve seen regarding fertility and rapamycin that has been completed. The Columbia University trial of rapamycin for fertility is just starting so will be a few years before we know anything from that study. I think most women are just using longevity dosing of rapamycin as their guideline right now: What is the Rapamycin Dose / Dosage for Anti-Aging or Longevity?

5 Likes

A 45 year old woman is documenting her rapamycin journey via short videos posted on twitter. If you are interested, you may want to follow her.

See this link for the video:
https://x.com/DavisonVideo/status/1704540290566996350?s=20

4 Likes

Anti-ageing molecule boosts fertility in ageing mice

‘Undeniably groundbreaking’ work shows that declining egg quality in older mice can be reversed with a dietary supplement.

Declining fertility in older mice has been reversed by giving the animals a compound already found in most living cells. The process also causes them to produce larger litters. The findings, published today in Nature Aging 1, offer clues that could aid the development of treatments for humans with fertility issues.

The chances of falling pregnant — naturally or with assistive technology such as in vitrofertilization (IVF) — become slimmer with age. This can be traced to reproductive cells in the ovaries called oocytes, which deteriorate and decrease in number throughout life.

A molecule called spermidine — first isolated from sperm but now known to have functions in many types of cell — has been shown to lengthen lifespan in yeast, flies, worms and human immune cells. Increased dietary intake of spermidine has also been linked with reduction of age-related problems in laboratory animals, including cardiovascular disease in mice and cognitive decline in fruit flies. But its effects on ageing oocytes were unclear.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-023-03224-x

Polyamine metabolite spermidine rejuvenates oocyte quality by enhancing mitophagy during female reproductive aging

https://www.nature.com/articles/s43587-023-00498-8

Related News Coverage: