What is the Rapamycin Dose / Dosage for Anti-Aging or Longevity?

Do we have any members that take Everolimus instead of Sirolimus? It would be interesting to hear also from members that take Everolimus, their doses, and if they may have their biomarkers tested, side-effects, etc.
The shorter half-life is certainly interesting.
It’s the combination of the long half-life of Rapa with side-effects that I tend to experience, that make me concerned - about the risk to develop infections among others.

2 Likes

Yes - we have people here who have said they are using everolimus. @morlock mentioned he was. Perhaps he can update us on how things are going for him and everolimus?

More details in this thread: Everolimus instead of Sirolimus / Rapamycin? Anyone else trying?

1 Like

I do not know but generally if left to live their life out almost all rats get cancer

3 Likes

I think I heard 80% die from cancer. Another fact is that many rats are euthanized after they hit a point of too poor health.

I can imagine most wild rats never manage to get to an age that they die of cancer because of such a hard life, but I know if they manage to cancer is the main killer according to data from those in captivity

1 Like

To put in my 2 cents worth: Dr. Green prescribed the standard 6mg/week for me, but after getting two infections that forced me to take antibiotics and quit Rapamycin for awhile, I switched to alternating 6mg one week, and 3mg the next. The idea being to get almost all the Rapamycin out of my system by the second week. I have had no infections since I went to this new regimen.

I suspect that some of the many supplements I take (eg curcumin, green tea, etc, etc) may slow down my Rapamycin metabolism in my liver, hence the need for this adjusted regimen.

4 Likes

, I am planning on following your MO, i.e. 1mg /wk increasing by 1mg till my goal of 5mg/wk. Do you stop for any period or just keep on taking it each week? Thanks.

I weigh 64kg and take 8mg/wk. 8 weeks on, 4 weeks off for two years now. Occasional mouth sore but no noticeable benefits. Biocon Rapamune from India.

6 Likes

Occasional mouth sore but no noticeable benefits.

I know a few people who have passed the age of 50 & some that have passed 70. One thing I’ve noticed is that people start to talk about the things that go wonky with their health.

I figure that things not get worse is a benefit in itself. To put it slightly differently, do you feel your health is worse now than when you started or is it about the same?

4 Likes

The whole point of longevity and rapamycin is to prevent bad things and diseases from happening. I am not sure how you would be able to feel this.

Some people have felt reductions in inflammatory conditions. These you CAN feel if you have them and they are cured.

How can you feel what you have prevented?

6 Likes

For me it is important to have objective systems of “measurement”. One good mechanism is a blood panel. If CRP is going down then that is a good sign. There may be temporary increases in CRP, but generally it should be trending down.

Similarly there should be improvements in the other biomarkers so ideally Creatinine should be going down etc etc.

I look for systems of measurement. For example I track the rate at which my thumbnails grow (not massively accurately, but I do measure it).

1 Like

My health is about the same. I am not expecting any short term benefits. I am simply following the best available science to maximize health span. I rarely feel any effects from any of the supplements I take. The one exception being Beet Root Juice Powder. I just now started taking Creatine so we’ll see if I notice anything from that. Cheers!

4 Likes

Hi there.
It sounds like you’re saying “dosing increases” are what most do.
But how far do we go?
I’m 60, birthday in a month :woman_facepalming:

I’ve probably taken Rapmycin, titrating up from 1 mg - to current dose of 6 mg. I’ve stayed at 6 mgs for no other reason than it seems to be a dose that many people take. I tolerate it fine. I’m sure I could increase without any side effects. But should I? Would it be more helpful?. I deal with chronic inflammation stuff for past two decades and therefore have pain intermittently and everywhere, randomly. Lotta adjectives:)

I will say that physically, I’ve started to feel a bit stronger which makes me jollier:)
I need to reword that.
I’m not muscle strong but if I feel better/good at anytime of the day or night, I do the “dance of joy”, catch up on everything I have left around to grow science projects on, then pass out cuz I overdid it.
Viscous cycle, I know, but family predisposition seems to dictate I behave this way, despite what I know will follow.
Thanks Mom, Gram, Grampa and all the aunts and uncles who act like they were mentored by the Energizer Bunny!

So on your chart, I fall into the highest % with weekly doses and again, at 6mg dose w/the highest percentage.

I wasn’t :100: that I am supposed to take a Rap vacation. It sounds I should in this group. However, it’s not indicated everywhere I’ve read researched.
I’d love to hear if/why people take a Rap vaca.
I’ll adjust accordingly if I’m moved:)

Also, should I add another mg weekly to reach a certain dosage for most benefit? I can get a blood test of your choosing, do now, and again if I increase. Just tell me what I’m looking for/at.

I am generally told by my treaters that I’ll need 2x as much of any med or nutrient I do trial with as I’ve tried so many approaches.
My protocol is to try whatever I learn about that may help, give it a reasonable time period to know if I should stay on or not, then usually ditch it cuz it didn’t help.

What do you think about increasing dosage if it’s tolerated very well? Opinions, suggestions, and how you knew what dose to land on - all very welcome.

• Know I don’t take everything I read, as gospel.
  • I know many of us here are doing this ourselves and make our own choices on how so let me have it!

With Rapamycin, glutathione injections, and my HBOT, there’s big hope “again” that I’ll continue to ditch other supplements or meds. I will tell anyone out there, if you’re sore or just old like me, cryotherapy will take all of your inflammation away in 3 minutes. It feels so good. But I opted for hbot instead and only get iced when I’m feeling my worst. It’s amazing. Usually around 40-50$ for the 3 minutes without a promo. But if it takes away all you aches and pains, you should definitely treat yourself.

I’ve always been a happy goofy troublemaking curser - and just noticing that my level of “pain or point number” (1-10 subjective /ridiculous test interpretation), makes me ecstatic.

Ok. Let’s have it.
Dose up? To 25 mg? (Hope I’m kidding)
How did you decide to stop increasing?
Should I take a Rap vacation? How long?
What’s a good blood test to look at periodically before I get my A-Z in a month or two?

Thanks all. I’m guessing you can tell I’m new? And that I only write brief posts? :flushed:

7 Likes

If you haven’t read it go to this topic on the forum…More Rapamycin Might Not Be Better – I upped my Rapamycin Dosage and felt it didn’t help. My biological age went up in two tests significantly.

Have reduced to 12 ng/mL will retest in 6 months.

2 Likes

I have finally upped my dosage to 8 MG. 10 MG would be the max I would go personally.

3 Likes

Hi - and welcome to the site. We’re all trying to figure out the dose issue right now. We don’t have really good data to go on. The mice seem to live longer the higher the dose goes… so thats guiding the general thinking for many people, but we don’t live in pathogen-free environments so its going to be a little different for humans whatever the case.

There is no “right” solution right now, broadly speaking.

Many people are trying higher higher doses: People pushing the upper limits of Rapamycin Doses - Any One Else?

and here: One User Trying Very High Doses of Rapamycin, and Negative Adverse Events / Results

and other delivery methods: Intramuscular (IM) + Intranasal (IN) Rapamycin - A new paradigm for human longevity translation

Some are reversing that direction: More Rapamycin Might Not Be Better

Here are some protocol ideas here if testing higher doses: Ideas on Protocols for Testing Higher Rapamycin Doses

So - I don’t know what the right approach is for you, I would just urge you to do good pre and post testing to see what the real effect is over time, move relatively slowly (I’ve jumped around up and down 5mg in my dosing without problems). And ideally work with a doctor who understands this stuff, or is interested in learning.

7 Likes

After having been on 6mg Rapa with Olive oil and metformin for 8 weeks with no side effects (slowly building up to 6mg) I´m about to start again after 4 weeks off.
Any recommendation of a restart / entry dose would be greatly appreciated.
I was planning on starting at 3mg and work my way up to 6mg in three weeeks ?
Thanks so much in advance

Thanks for the links. I’ll go through them tomorrow.
Please know, I’m very clear in the information we “don’t” have so my many questions just go in and process with all the rest.

May I ask what you’ve tried, your dose range having played with it “up and down”, and where you are now? Do you expect to stay at that dose for a while or because we change/grow, you might amend with each test result.

What is highest dose you’ve known or heard about
someone/anyone taking that remains beneficial? Weekly or every other week dosing? Thoughts?

What test(s) will help me stay on top of current dose benefits vs the reversal point I’m seeing here?

I know some people take med vacations and some don’t. What’s your thinking on it - and/or a good protocol?

My concern is I’ve never taken a high enough dose to cross the BBB in order to gain benefits. Even if 6 mg isn’t my sweet spot, is it doing something? Thoughts.

What other anti aging product(s) seem to, or are likely to, benefit synergistically? I read about metformin (not sure of mg) and a few others I’m not familiar with.
Do they add benefits that Rapa alone doesn’t seem to provide? Grapefruit juice? New to me but sounds important. Is it important to take my dose w/gf juice?

Thank you. Thank you.
I love to add others experiences/knowledge to my “brain rapa spot”. I consider it all and believe it helps me make better personal decisions.

1 Like

Weekly or every other?

I have paused rapamycin use many times in the past three years and then restart at the same level i stopped at with no issues. I typically have no obvious side effects whether i dose at 6mg /week or 28mg every 10 days to 2 weeks.

But to be cautious if this is the first time you have paused would not be a bad thing. I initially when i paused i think i took two weeks to ramp back up to my normal level. But i have no evidence that this is actually effective.

6 Likes