Rapamycin; Cheaper Pricing Query

Good day fellow intrepid folks,

If this query has had a (relatively recent) response please simply ignore this post. All I would request is to be directed to the appropriate discussion. I see the wiki page of latest prices but it remains to be populated with more data.

I recently purchased 500x1mg of Rapacan from one of the online pharmacies recommended herein (after some haggling) for a cost of $450, inclusive of shipping (so $0.9 per 1mg all in). I gather that is a relatively decent price. However, given I am considering purchasing for myself going forward, my dog, my somewhat skeptical/cautious partner as well as father, I would prefer the most cost effective approach (while minimizing sourcing concerns).

Any suggestions for cheaper options or should I be satisfied with what I was able to achieve?

I don’t think you’ll find sources much cheaper than you are already getting (at least in tablet form, from major Indian generic Pharma companies). The pricing people are getting for rapamycin is covered in a number of posts:
Here: Importing Rapamycin to Save Money (pt 2)
Here: Buy Rapamycin Online - List of Reliable Pharmacies
Here: Rapamycin (& Other Longevity Drug) Pricing Quotes Wiki

There are cheaper sources for raw rapamycin powder (typically from China) but its expensive (Typically $500 to $1500) and difficult to get the lab analysis done for purity and contaminants to qualify the source. I would not trust these Chinese suppliers for oral use, but it would likely be fine for topical (skin) use.
Details here: Sirolimus Powder - 3rd party analysis
There are also bioavailability issues of powedered rapamycin: Rapamycin enteric coating vs powder bioavailability
more info here: Bioavailability of Rapamycin From Compounding Pharmacy

Thank you! I did receive one quote for $0.5 for 1mg (excluding shipping of $35 and uncertain as to if any payment processing costs) for Sirokem branded Sirolimus. Should I be skeptical as to sourcing/veracity/brand? I believe Rapacan has been tested by a user on here and was demonstrated to actually contain active ingredient, but sirokem seems to be priced below other brands consistently…

This company seems like a small Indian supplier… I would be concerned about their quality control systems, so I’ve avoided that brand. But everyone has a different risk/reward perception. I’ve seen no lab test on the quality of this product. yes - we do have the lab tests on Biocon and Zydus (or at least 1 lab test): Rapamycin / Sirolimus from India, Lab Test Report on Quality / Purity

Much obliged. I think I definitely lucked out. Some of the same suppliers who were offering 0.5-0.75 USD for Sirokem, are offering some outrageous pricing for Rapacan when I asked them to quote. Some examples from the chat via Indiamart:

*37 usd for 10 tablet plus shipping charges extra (37 per mg)
*10 Strip = 320 usd (32 per mg)
*Zydus siromus (offered as an alternative to Rapacan) at $18 per strips of 6 tablet (3 per mg)

Now either my $0.9 (inclusive of all costs/fees/shipping) per 1 mg of rapacan (expiring in mid 2024) is suspect or I’m being had here. No doubt Rapacan is a more expensive brand, as the suppliers concede as they try to direct me to sirokem or siraboon, but the differential here is astounding.

Perhaps I should return to my Rapacan supplier and stock up, despite the expiration date!

1 Like

Don’t worry too much about the expiration date for rapamycin… its not like it suddenly expires like milk.

Most of what is known about drug expiration dates comes from a study conducted by the Food and Drug Administration at the request of the military. With a large and expensive stockpile of drugs, the military faced tossing out and replacing its drugs every few years. What they found from the study is 90% of more than 100 drugs, both prescription and over-the-counter, were perfectly good to use even 15 years after the expiration date.

Is the expiration date a marketing ploy by drug manufacturers, to keep you restocking your medicine cabinet and their pockets regularly? You can look at it that way. Or you can also look at it this way: The expiration dates are very conservative to ensure you get everything you paid for. And, really, if a drug manufacturer had to do expiration-date testing for longer periods it would slow their ability to bring you new and improved formulations.

You have my thanks. This site has been fantastic as I have researched this intervention. It feels good to not be flying completely blind. Do you have a “donation” feature? Since I’m planning on supporting numerous family members who need the push from me to do anything on the anti-ageing front, I am perhaps more constrained than I would otherwise be but every little helps right?

No - this is just a hobby site we do for our own edification. We learn as much as you do with all the high-quality contributors here, but thanks for the offer.

Yes - this is something many of us struggle with; how to get our friends and family to care more about their longevity and health. If you figure out anything that works, let us know! How can I get my mother on rapamycin?

Obliged. I will certainly add my 2 cents to the forums.

1 Like

Check my post out Buy Rapamycin Online - List of Reliable Pharmacies - #204 by Perkiness

I received my order and price was better than anywhere else. Maybe you can buy cheaper if you go to India in vacation or have someone you know there buy it for you.

1 Like

Excellent thank you Perkiness. The fellow has offered me approx what you paid. You are fairly certain you received the genuine Biocon Rapacan, at least from a visual/packaging perspective?

I dont know if I got the real deal or not. I hope so and will test at some point the blood sirolimus level.

Here are some pictures of the packaging:

This is my first order ever, so I dont have any other packaging to compare to.

2 Likes

Seems legit. Same manufacture date and expiration as my Oddway order.

1 Like