Rapamycin and sexual health - I've got questions!

Fascinating. Bryan has a vested interest but a shot across the bow for Neo40. If this might reduce blood pressure I will try it.

The plot thickens!

2 Likes

Here is a pretty thorough honest review that cites sources: https://lifehackerguy.com/neo40-review/

So yeah - will give it a try. Rapamycin I think causes my B/P to be a lot higher than acceptable. And, maybe more beets in my diet too!

2 Likes

Here is another. I am going to try this also. I just took my BP — 118/68. But even if it is a prophylactic it seems worth taking. I’m just deciding which one to buy. It is nice to know that Dr. Bryan is behind both competitors.

1 Like

I see these supplements contain sodium nitrite, which is “curing salt” used in Europe as meet additive and has long been debated whether it causes cancer. I am not sure how this works in supplement form, but I would be cautious. Maybe it is just adding it to meat that causes it to be carcinogenic, but still…

Adding nitrites to meat has been shown to generate known carcinogens such as nitrosamines; the World Health Organization (WHO) advises that each 50 g (1.8 oz) of “processed meats” eaten a day would raise the risk of getting bowel cancer by 18% over a lifetime. The World Health Organization’s review of more than 400 studies concluded, in 2015, that there was sufficient evidence that “processed meats” caused cancer, particularly colon cancer

3 Likes

It is impossible to tell how much sodium nitrate is there but even if it is all sodium nitrate it is a safe level. Of course I get a lot of sodium nitrate in my diet since I eat a lot of plants but hopefully OK. I was mainly worried about the vitamin C but it should be low enough not to throw off my CGM. I ordered the NO2U one.

1 Like

…per above WHO advice daily dose of 250 mcg of nitrites gives you 18% rise in bowel cancer risk.

Even France is reducing nitrites from their “charcuterie” meats with campaign to remove them in few years.

4 Likes

There is also a lot of vitamin C in these lozenges. Vitamin C reduces the conversion of sodium nitrate. Given the make up and the benefits of nitric oxide, I’m not the least bit concerned.

“Vegetables with high levels of sodium nitrate include spinach, radishes, lettuce, celery, carrots, cabbage, and beets.”

I have been taking a nicotine lozenge once a day. That seems counterproductive if I am trying to increase nitric oxide.

1 Like