How to import Rapamycin into the EU Countries? Your Experiences Please

I’m not sure that all EU countries are the same regarding import controls. Also - the online pharmacies frequently identify the product differently on the customs forms (it sounds like on your order they identified it specifically as medicine).

You might try a series of smaller orders from different online pharmacies and ask them to identify the product as “health products” or something else benign.

I’ve never had any issues (nock on wood) importing into the US - and have had perhaps a dozen orders. But I started with about 6 small orders of 40 to 60 tablets just to test the different vendors in India and to test the different products. Oddway international tends to identify the products as “healthcare products” - see the writeup on “Importing Rapamycin

@KERRY_BELL has a higher risk tolerance than I have personally for importing powders from Rapamycin, perhaps because I’ve worked a lot with China and have had many supplier problems with regard to quality, and products not being what they say the are. I recommend you read this post about supplements from china before you embark on that path.

I believe I’ve seen people importing rapamycin successfully into Sweden.
I’ve also heard from people who buy it from pharmacies in Istanbul when they visit Turkey
I’ve also heard about people purchasing it easily from pharmacies in countries that have been classified as “Eastern Europe” - not sure if this was online or in person purchases.

But - I hope someone from the EU countries will post with some successful experiences.

Imported Rapamune into UK twice without any issues…

1 Like

How was the product identified for Customs purposes?

There weren’t any customs issues, I ordered and received the package three weeks later…

I never imported rapamycin and I’m in Switzerland, that is, technically not in the EU.
But I tried to find a good source online and it looks like Avantor is willing to sell me all sort of preparations of rapamycin that look quite legit, from those suppliers:

• Apollo Scientific (4)
  • Enzo Life Sciences (2)
  • MP Biomedicals (2)
  • Thermo Scientific (2)
  • ADIPOGEN (1)
    Rapamycin | VWR

From my account I also can see the pricing (ouch!) and availability.

I can make a test if someone knowledgeable tells me what exactly to order. Please note: I don’t intend to take it. I’m registered in the UW Rapamycin Study as a control (well, as candidate).

These are all lab samples of rapamycin powder, not the pharmaceutical tablets that most people take. The pricing of lab samples is typically much more expensive than the medicine versions. Also, you typically need to work in a chemistry / biological lab to order these types of products (perhaps you do), but then the user would have to become their own compounding pharmacist (making their own medicine) and would have to mix the raw rapamycin powder with other powders because measuring out 1mg of rapamycin powder at any level of granularity is pretty hard, unless you have lab-grade equipment.

So - while the rapamycin is available this way (to people who have Lab access, or friends who work in a lab and will do this on the side) - its a pretty complex and expensive way to get rapamycin.

I have seen people who have successfully ordered rapamycin from more Eastern European countries, or have purchased it in Turkey while they were on vacation. Some people do successfully get rapamycin tablets delivered in EU countries, from the Indian pharmacies we have listed, but I’m not sure what the actions are that they took to help improve the probabilities that the tablets get through the mail / customs.

I suspect that smaller orders (e.g. Under 200 tablets?) are more likely to get in, as are shipments that are labeled more generally (e.g. “healthcare products” instead of “medicines”), so its probably helpful to ask and make sure the shipper labels it more generically.

People in Canada are being successful it seems at receiving shipments of rapamycin from Indian pharmacies.

1 Like

another UK person successful with importing from India. But - would love to hear from other EU countries (not the former EU country :smiley: )

I tried and it seems it’s impossibe to import to EU. As soon customs see drug Rapamycin on the label box it does not go through. Maybe if the drug is labels as some generic supplements in the billing paper but this could be seen as fraud.

Is there anyone who could send me private from home Rapamycin with standard shipping?

Where do you live and what quantities have you tried to purchase?

I live in Slovenia, EU. I purchased Rapamune from Pfizer, from Antiage.store I think they are from Hong Kong. I lost 500 € because of that.

David - you might try contacting the different online pharmacies on our list that ship all over the world and ask them a few questions… like "what has been your success record in terms of shipping to Slovenia (or other close EU country), and also ask how they label the shipment on the Customs form… some of the vendors likely have more experience than others in this. Also - some guarantee successful delivery (at least to the US, not sure about other countries).

Also - review this overview on importing rapamycin - perhaps there is some information in there that can help you too.

1 Like

There is no legal way to import rapamycin into EU.
It may be that some countries within the EU do not control their post as heavy as others do but its still ilegal in all EU contries.
We as EU dont have an agreement for trading drugs such as rapa with non EU countries.
I tried to import rapa officialy decleared from india. The costums just ate it.
I cant even import it as a supplement or med company.

problem is: you can only import substances into EU which are compliant to all EU regulations incl sales permission etc

People on the forum have reported success with these two approaches for getting rapamycin in Europe/EU countries:

You can either use the EUdoc App: Rapamycin Prescription, Doctors that Prescribe It

Or you can order from the Bulgaria-based BGpharma: No Prescription Needed for Rapamycin Purchase in Turkey - #12 by RapAdmin

4 Likes

Thanks, but BGpharma offers 4,50€ per pill and I can buy it legally for 4,59€ per pill from pharamacies in the netherlands (like efarma.nl). Last time I bought it in my pharamacy next door. Its not that I need a prescription, its just that I am in search of a lower price. Any ideas?

Generic versions of rapamycin/sirolomus are not available in the EU?

If you are willing to travel, maybe choose a destination where rapamycin is cheaper and fill your prescription there. Spain, Slovenia, Croatia, Bulgaria… Rapamune comes around 3,3-3,5 EUR per pill.

Unfortunately not, EMA (european medicines agency) did not approve any sirolimus pill other than rapamune.

Did you manage to get rapamycin?
The easiest way is to get EUdoctor prescription and buy it from pharmacy locally…

Traveling ~1000KM to lower the price I pay from 4,59 to 3,30€ seems not feasable. But thanks for the idea! Do you know a pharmacy there who ships to germany?

I meant that if you travel for pleasure that you plan and choose holiday destination according to rapamycin prices :sweat_smile: :innocent:

I don’t think it is allowed to ship medicines in any of this countries I mentioned. As far as I know Germany and Netherlands are the only EU country that ship prescription medicines.

thanks! thats really helpful!
btw I was in croatia ones (a long time ago). Very nice there. Unfortunatly I dont travel much.