Everolimus instead of Sirolimus / Rapamycin? Anyone else trying?

Yeah, medical tourism is one of the better sectors when your currency is imploding. The Lira is down 103% vs the US Dollar the past 12 months; and, as you can see from the attached chart, they weren’t exactly knocking the cover off the ball prior to the past year either!

1 Like

Hair transplants make sense aesthetically if you’re balding. Not sure I’d get “everything” done though. Meds headed for Turkey, I don’t know enough about the quality.

You vastly underestimate the risk/reward/economic cost calculus with modern day vanity. Instagram is full of every imaginable procedure, all ages. Might as well amortize the flight and hotel! And clearly a very willing pool of “medical providers”.

If one was a career influencer, the calculus is certainly different

= influencees.

This is the social media driven circular economy.

I don’t have enough time to elucidate my thoughts, but we don’t know enough about the combinations of drugs. I’ve taken both rapamycin and SKQ-1intermittently. I’ve experienced side effects of immune suppression- CMV, shingles, yeast infection outbreaks. The evidence suggests SKQ-1 significantly suppresses neutrophils and so does rapamycin. SKQ-1 without rapa. has not caused any adverse effects, rapamycin combined with SKQ-1 I have adverse effects every time. Rapamycin only seems to cause responses as well, but SKQ-1 seems to strongly exacerbate things. This of course is subjective experience.

To note, I also share the same response to rapamycin a couple weeks after taking it. I’ve never had chemo, but I have lupus.

1 Like

I’m not very familiar with SKQ-1, and all the research I can find seems to be coming out of a single lab in Russia (and personally, given the extreme levels of corruption in Russia, I’m very skeptical of anything coming out of Russia).

Have there been any followup clinical studies on SKQ-1 in the US or Western Europe that you are aware of?

Anything to do with SKQ-1 is hypothetical at this stage- highly experimental.

I’m not at all confident in the research or hypothesis that it will improve lifespan, however, my experience matches outcomes similar to the rodent models ie. IGF-1 levels rose to 345ng/ml, normalization of blood pressure, significant improvements in muscle mass, tone, hardness, contraction, dark shade of hair.

Do I think my subjective results would translate to improved lifespan? I highly doubt it, in fact, I may be causing more harm blocking mtROS. Personally, it may be helpful or deleterious with my autoimmune disease. It does help manage some symptoms, but again, many risks of blocking mtROS long-term.

1 Like

Subjectively, this is how I feel, my muscles just “work” on SKQ-1.

“In OXYS rats, disorders in the muscle tissue mitochondrial apparatus appear already at the age of 3 months and by the age of 24 months hypoplasia and atrophy of skeletal muscles are developed. These pathological changes are found to be prevented to a large degree by SkQ1.”

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/260149989_Antioxidant_SkQ1_delays_sarcopenia-associated_damage_of_mitochondrial_ultrastructure

Everything (else) I’ve read indicates that everolimus suppresses mTORC2 more than rapamycin does. A simple PubMed search will confirm this.

“Rapamycin treatment once every 5 days (1×/5 days) had the smallest impact on glucose tolerance, and we therefore selected this dosing schedule for further analysis.”

I had been using a rather high pulse dosing every two weeks and noticed zero effect on my A1c results. When I start again I will be using the pulse regimen.

1 Like

Dose Conversion: Rapamycin / Everolimus

From this thread:

2 Likes

A good video that covers a new clinical trial using everolimus for longevity, being run by Adam Konopka: Rapamycin and Beyond: Presentation by Dudley Lamming & Adam Konopka

1 Like

Everolimus from India comes in 10 tablet boxes at 10mg. At 2 per day (to get to 12-15ng/mL) that’s a box every 5 days. I’ve read Blagosklonny’s “Rapamycin for longevity: opinion article” where ongoing rapamycin appears to be preferred. So does this mean one should plan on 2 tablets per day for life (morning and evening)? Or for a dosing period? Or… Not clear from this thread. Thanks.

Weekly dosing is the norm for longevity applications. And 10mg everolimus is about 6mg equivalent in rapamycin terms. So 1 tablet per week is probably what most people would take.

1 Like

The above references of trough levels in the 12 to 15 ng/ml is for transplant patients

I was preparing to start my first dose of rapamycin (Everolimus (Glenmark) 10mg biweekly) but just came across this bad news Rapamycin inhibits spermatogenesis by changing the autophagy status through suppressing mechanistic target of rapamycin-p70S6 kinase in male rats

1 Like

See this thread: Possible Rapamycin Risks for Healthy Humans (Part 2)

you are on the ball RapAdmin- thank you very much.

2 Likes