Continuous Ketone Monitor (SiBio)

This looks interesting…

5 Likes

Lots of good research on how β-Hydroxybutyrate can be helpful in mitigating aging:

Here: β-Hydroxybutyrate suppresses colorectal cancer

Here: β-Hydroxybutyrate Alleviates Cartilage Senescence / Osteoarthritis

Here: Your experiences using Supplemental BHB esters to reduce blood glucose, appetite, triglycerides, free fatty acids, Slow Aging, etc? - #2 by AlexKChen

Related:

2 Likes

It looks like $5/day. Might be nice to try for awhile just to see what works. Thanks

2 Likes

Amazing. Have been waiting for Abbots promised version, and this is already out?

Could also get me over the line to try Cana / SGLTi given that it seems like a good way decrease risks/monitor in that context:

Also adding @John_Hemming @adssx

3 Likes

I’m keto and tried both dapa and empag for a few weeks each. Never noticed extra low blood sugar. I thought it was lowering it maybe 10 points overnight. Not really consistent. I don’t think they are the best at reducing fasting blood sugar for somebody that’s in pretty good control already. I’ve switched to metformin. My hba1c was 5.2 this time around and I’m pretty happy with that but lower would be better.

2 Likes

For me SGLT2 (and 1) inhibition would be about so much more than the glucose control aspects.

1 Like

Euglycemic ketoacidosis is very rare, even in type 1 diabetics. I have type 1 under good control and I’m on a keto diet with biweekly rapamycin. Even when I do fasts, my ketones are never above 3.5mM (usually 2.5mM), still in a healthy range and a far cry from ketoacidosis range.

2 Likes

Thx. At the same time, very rare is something one has to take into account if one is very healthy and thinking about taking a medicine for conjectured effects.

And if monitoring can make the very rare even more rare I think I’d take it.