Has Anyone Seen a Rise in Blood Pressure Using Rapamycin?

Night values are important and exercise related hypertension or observing how stress or how your sympathetic nervous system affects your blood pressure etc.

My personal observation and surprise comes from not the average value, cause it is exactly the same as on my manual measurements but seeing that coming to work raises my blood pressure from optimal to normal which is 5 point increase I would have no idea it is there. Or that stressed meeting I had earlier today on zoom raised my BP quite a lot and it stayed elevated for several hours. I don’t know yet how important are these changes, probably not really but maybe I can at least implement some changes…

2 Likes

A manufacturer’s self-serving promo is not proof of anything.

Is anyone taking many measurements daily on their doctor’s advice?
If you have blood pressure problems or not, I have no objection to anyone taking their BP constantly or several times daily.
I just think that it is of no benefit to the average person with normal blood pressure. Unless you have high blood pressure at your doctor’s office, I don’t think your doctor is going to advise you to take even daily blood pressure measurements.
I take a BP measurement daily mainly for curiosity’s sake.

1 Like

In the link you can find studies there regarding night time BP.
Ambulatory BP monitors exist for a reason, of which Aktiia is one.

1 Like

I measure BP going to bed whilst lying in bed and when I wake up. I have readings since 2016 apart from when I go to bed so drunk I fall asleep before doing the measurements.

1 Like

I think there are advantages to having measures to give you a baseline. If you only take measurements when you think there is a problem then you cannot be certain how much things have changed.

2 Likes

Seems like the latter could be addressed / monitored via continuous ketone monitoring (CKM)?

“continuous glucose-ketone monitor is especially important for people with diabetes who may be at higher risk of developing diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA)”

”Recent studies show continuous ketone monitoring (CKM) could help prevent DKA.3 With continuous monitoring, rising ketone levels can be detected early, as a warning of impending ketoacidosis, and inform care so that DKA does not develop. Leading diabetes experts have called for expansion of ketone monitoring, including its integration with CGM technology in a single sensor.7,8”

Anyone know anything more about timing, they said this last year:

Availability and Interoperability
Abbott is already conducting clinical studies on the glucose-ketone monitoring system. Pivotal trials will take place in 2023 with regulatory submissions to follow thereafter.

In the meanwhile one could use something like

Indigo Diabetes NV seems to be another continuous solution:

https://indigomed.com

1 Like

What is this? (Extra characters)

Which ones would you suggest for good risks reward ratio here if someone wanted to N=1 it?

1 Like

Sorry, I couldn’t say which ones I take regularly are best on a risk:reward basis. I take Beetroot powder concentrate, Hawthorn powder, ALA, Arginine, L-Citrulline, Astaxanthin, Pine Bark extract, Gotu Kola……

1 Like

There is crowdfunding with equity in Aktiia in this link if I understand it correctly.
https://www.crowdcube.eu/companies/aktiia/pitches/b65LBZ

Not financial advice, I am not investing, but I found this interesting.

Very promising device, especially if they can make it more accurate and slightly better, and if Apple can’t create a competing product or another company.

1 Like

Has anyone thought about (or tried) taking the amino acid Citrulline to reduce blood pressure? Citrulline is converted into Arginine which increases NO. The whole process is supposed to widen blood vessels, reduce BP, and ‘irrigate’ muscles with more blood for better athletic performance while reducing toxins in the body. Sounds fantastic, but I can’t find any studies on longevity for Citrulline or Arginine.

1 Like

@Virilius posted a while ago his experience with Citrulline and potassium if I remember correctly.

1 Like

New akttia bp monitor to be launched 25% discount here

2 Likes

Worst timing ever to buy, before this announcement :rofl:

Sod’s law! :roll_eyes:

Sod’s Law is the English expression for US saying ‘Murphy’s Law’

1 Like

Not sure if any of the updates are about better accuracy?

Anyone know anything about launch in US or EU vs just in UK?

Here is what I saw about the updates:

2 Likes

The new model is certified to age 85 whereas the first model was up to 65 y/o. I’ve never had a problem with the accuracy personally over two years of use and with comparison to my Omron cuff monitor.

It’s available in the EU & UK initially.

1 Like

related, from @ConquerAging

4 Likes

It is only announced on UK site. EU sites don’t offer the new version yet.

I really appreciate the waterproof change and making it smaller and easier to charge. I will probably gift my current one to my mother in law and get a new one. I wish they would redesign the bracelet to be easier to put on/off/adjust. I have another remark, my wrist size really fluctuates in winter I noticed and for some days I don’t get any usable readings for hours since it is too loose.

1 Like