Bryan Johnson's Longevity Protocol - Your Thoughts?

Hmmm… this device?? Probably like a mini blood pressure cuff to measure the activity of his ups and downs all night.

Bryan’s killing me.

1 Like

I think it must be this… the first “Male” fitness tracker… what about a female equivalent? Seems sexist to not have one… :wink:

3 Likes

Ahhh… they make these?

Skip the 149 pounds. Wake up reach down… get a physical assessment. Roll over and sleep. Lol

2 Likes

So I am sure most of you have seen that Bryan has released his own EVOO. https://blueprint.bryanjohnson.co
$75 for 2 25oz. bottles. Here are his stated specs:
May 2023 harvest, Chile
523.4 mg/kg total biophenols (HPLC)
72.26% oleic acid
4.57 meq/kg peroxide
0.18% of oleic acid as free fatty acids (FFA)
92.1% diacylglycerols
Sensory analysis defects 0/10
UV resistant glass bottle
Independently tested

I was curious how this compares to other olive oil. There is a shop the next town over from me that imports high-end olive oils. This was their best variety.

And here is what they charge (so it is in the same ballpark as blueprint):
200ml $15 2 for $27

375ml $20

750ml $35

Buy 6 of the same size and get the 7th one free.

Not sure if someone here is an olive oil expert. I assume these would have similar health benefits.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Research, verify and verify if you do not want your money taken.

I post the link below on another thread on this forum;

3 Likes

And ConsumerLab ratings and rankings and pricings of EVOO here, Check for polyphenol and Oleic acid and oleocanthal levels - those that are high in those compound are what you are looking for:

Summary of some of CL’s evaluation of Olive Oil ( EVOO Consumerlab ):

4 Likes

Polyphenol content of California Extra Virgin Olive Oil

The polyphenol content varies so widely and from harvest to harvest it is difficult to know what you are getting. Fortunately, all pure unadulterated EVOO is still pretty good for you

“Bitterness is associated with the phenol oleuropein. In general, the more robust and the fresher the olive oil, the higher the polyphenol content”

I use Kirkland Signature Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Costco). Costco is known for pretty good quality control.

These are all good, but expensive: Except the California Olive Ranch which is low priced.

3 Likes

Big news for Rapamycin users: David Sinclair now is taking it “on and off” where previously he said NO. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk_GcwkfJGs&ab_channel=PeterH.Diamandis

BTW he doesn’t look that great, now he is a vegan.

7 Likes

Good to hear. He’s been following rapamycin news on Twitter for the past year and has discussed trying it in the past, but this is good news. David Sinclair is now using Rapamycin?

I think he overhypes things, but David is unquestionably the highest profile longevity scientist out there, and to have his support in rapamycin use is really going to make it more popular!

See here (queued up to the short rapamycin discussion):

and the point where David Sinclair says he’s taking rapamycin (“on and off”)

@Krister_Kauppi , time to add him to the list!

8 Likes

We may have a new poster boy for Rapamycin!

Or maybe a poster boys club?

3 Likes

@Jonas Really great finding! Big thumbs up!

@RapAdmin Big thanks for tagging me on this :pray:

2 Likes

Lol. It’s the butter and milk that’s making him youthful. He’s probably been avoiding sun/using sun screen.

I agree with Sinclair that hummus is great since it’s considered healthy. Baba ghanoush I gotta try some more, don’t recall how that’s like for sure.

2 Likes

Probably his personality, he likes such things it seems. Most of his recents reposts on X has been about the then potential room temperature superconductor LK-99 :rofl:

5 Likes

Its good to have more people adding to the multiple n=1 biohacking trial of rapamycin, but david sinclair should engage with the scientific debate.

1 Like

Oh thank for sharing, good data. I am a big Trader’s shopper and been using their premium oil for a while. Good to know it is legit.

3 Likes

I am somehow on a Bryan Johnson email list. I received an email that he is now selling Blueprint olive oil. Blueprint
Its $75 for 50 ounces. I guess i am supposed to believe that this oil will extend my life far more than some economical olive oils on Amazon that are roughly $15 for 50 ounces.
I get the feeling there will be more “Blueprint” products coming.

2 Likes

Twas ever thus. My main concern about Bryan Johnson is an unwillingness to get involved in the scientific debate.

2 Likes

Just a quick update. I have been doing super veggie for several months and I have gotten efficient at it and really dig it. Today I tried super green drink before working out. It is a little pricey so I will try it for 30 days and decide if it is worth it or not. I was expecting it to taste gross based on some of the feedback out there. I thought it was perfectly fine. Did notice a little extra energy during my workout. Speaking of workout, I really dig the blue print workout. I have noticed gains in all exercises, especially pullups, chins ups, leg raises. And, I feel a better full body fitness level. As an aside my wife said, “Honey, the body looks good”. If you haven’t tried it I recommend it. I added a few of his vitamins to my stack, Glucosamine, K2 MK-4, N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine this week. My last frontier will be forgoing my normal dinner and trying nutty pudding. Then the acid test will be when I get my body markers and see how I am doing. Based on how I feel I think at least some will have improved. Again, the way I look at this is Bryan is investing a ton of money and time. I might as well try and see if it works for me too. It doesn’t bother me personally that Bryan isn’t debating the science since he isn’t the scientist, he is using a team to come up with the ideas and measurements. Oh and I will start pulsing my rapa dose like Bryan and others here are doing. 2MG+GFJ, 4MG+GFG, 2MG+GJ, etc.

7 Likes

Great report @Danlalane Keep us informed of your progress!

1 Like