Bryan Johnson's Longevity Protocol - Your Thoughts?

I am somehow on a Bryan Johnson email list. I received an email that he is now selling Blueprint olive oil. Blueprint
Its $75 for 50 ounces. I guess i am supposed to believe that this oil will extend my life far more than some economical olive oils on Amazon that are roughly $15 for 50 ounces.
I get the feeling there will be more “Blueprint” products coming.

2 Likes

Twas ever thus. My main concern about Bryan Johnson is an unwillingness to get involved in the scientific debate.

2 Likes

Just a quick update. I have been doing super veggie for several months and I have gotten efficient at it and really dig it. Today I tried super green drink before working out. It is a little pricey so I will try it for 30 days and decide if it is worth it or not. I was expecting it to taste gross based on some of the feedback out there. I thought it was perfectly fine. Did notice a little extra energy during my workout. Speaking of workout, I really dig the blue print workout. I have noticed gains in all exercises, especially pullups, chins ups, leg raises. And, I feel a better full body fitness level. As an aside my wife said, “Honey, the body looks good”. If you haven’t tried it I recommend it. I added a few of his vitamins to my stack, Glucosamine, K2 MK-4, N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine this week. My last frontier will be forgoing my normal dinner and trying nutty pudding. Then the acid test will be when I get my body markers and see how I am doing. Based on how I feel I think at least some will have improved. Again, the way I look at this is Bryan is investing a ton of money and time. I might as well try and see if it works for me too. It doesn’t bother me personally that Bryan isn’t debating the science since he isn’t the scientist, he is using a team to come up with the ideas and measurements. Oh and I will start pulsing my rapa dose like Bryan and others here are doing. 2MG+GFJ, 4MG+GFG, 2MG+GJ, etc.

7 Likes

Great report @Danlalane Keep us informed of your progress!

1 Like

I drink a modified version of this drink since BJ first you tube videos came out, last November I believe and it has totally replaced my morning coffee routine and I find that it tastes great, I really miss it when traveling when I don’t take the powders with me. (I must try and premix the powders) I modified it a bit, I added taurine and vitamin C to the drink, TMG and NMN. I buy all the supplements in bulk and it gets to around 2,85 eur/drink which is not cheap but still cheaper than morning capuccino at my local coffee place.
It gives me quite an energy kick in the morning.
I also love BJ workout routine, I also modified it a bit to be more bodyweight friendly since I don’t have a home gym and I don’t like gyms or better going to gyms, so I use either outdoor “gym” or minimal equipment I have at home (pull up bar, some dumbbells, dip bars, gymnastic rings etc.) and my body really gets a lot of compliments. The other day I went running, it was hot and humid morning and I passed a street shirtless walking to my house and :smiling_face_with_tear: I noticed for the first time in my life eyes of people checking me out, you know, first eye contact and then their eyes go up and down to check your body. In a weird way it felt good. :joy::muscle: Also my mother in law took pictures of my back when I was climbing on a boat and later called me Adonis :sweat_smile: and my friend said, if this is how 50 looks, I am looking forward :flushed: so I guess the routine works.

5 Likes

What super green drink are you taking? Is it a powder or liquid?

3 Likes

I didn’t know chlorella is a good source of spermadine. Perhaps I didn’t need to add wheat germ since I already take chlorella.

2 Likes

Wheat germ is a terrible source of spermadine. It has a lot of wheat agglutinin which causes chronic inflammation. It opens the gut barrier proteins. One of the main points of taking spermadine is to close the barrier proteins. Bad choice:

3 Likes

Very interesting. Thanks. We should hear from the Wheat Germ advocates here. I haven’t noticed any issues but I’ve only been using wheat germ for a month. Plus I don’t eat any other wheat products.

Thats amazing. It has n come to my attention that chlorella contains that much spermidine. Do you have reference values for the content of spermidine in Chlorella? I just need some verification before I start buying C and put it in my shake.

1 Like

This is the source Bryan uses, all data is included in their site. Whole-Food Spermidine | PlantPills.co.uk

1 Like

I posted a paper a while ago on the forum, will try to find it and link it.

The average spermidine content in algae cultivated at 30°C was 1.9 mg/g dry weight (minimum 0.29 mg/g, maximum 2.24 mg/g).

3 Likes

thnak you. It will be very useful. I read somewhere that different “strains” of chlorella have different levels of spermidine. If that is the case, then there is a need for me to find out what “Strain” of chlorella I am about to buy.

2 Likes

I would not bother as in any case chlorella is quite inexpensive and by the paper I cited spermidine content indeed varies, but even minimum content gives you a great spermidine source. BJ chlorella is standardized to contain 1mg/g spermidine (which is not that high content if I compare it to the paper I cited) but it is difficult to source, since it has constant stock issues. I now buy some non Chinese chlorella that has a eco certificate and take it a bit more. Chlorella is a great source of minerals/vitamins and protein and vegetarian/vegan friendly and not processed food source so there a additional benefits to spermidine.

4 Likes

which is a better source for spermadine? chlorella or wheat germ?

I wish I knew. I’m using both at the moment.

The latest Bryan Johnson experimentation… going where no man has gone before (I suspect)…

https://twitter.com/bryan_johnson/status/1696885514983317793?s=20

The drug he’s using:

I must admit i am drunk but “dick head” seems an apposite response. There is science and there is clickbait.

5 Likes

Wheat germ is almost always listed at the top of the list for spermidine, followed by soy. While you can get some spermidine from chlorella, I haven’t seen it on any lists suggesting supplementing spermidine. Perhaps some other members have.

3 Likes