A Friendly Biological Age Reduction Competition?

So - the above spreadsheet calculation is your “before” test, with a 6 year lower biological age vs. chronological age - is that right?

Yes the Life Extension blood test I took the information from was done
in Jan 2022.

1 Like

I found a new shirt that seems perfect for the winner of the Friendly Biological Age Reduction Competition… we may need to adjust the ages slightly, but you get the idea… :grinning:

From here:

4 Likes

I just checked the site and there is not one that says “I am in my 70s” Bummer!

4 Likes

Me too! I check for “in my 50s”! No luck.

2 Likes

A few notes on calculating your Levine Phenotypic Age.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I. First, you will need three blood tests:

1. CBC and Differential (“and Differential” ensures that you receive your Lympocyte percent value)

2. Comprehensive Metabolic Profile

3. C-Reactive Protein

II. Second, the spreadsheet offered in the OP (original post) and found in the following link uses some shorthand that not all of us understand. Quantifying Biological Age | Michael Lustgarten

Here are some notes on the variables for the spreadsheet:

• Albumin: Found on the Metabolic Test. Input the g/dL number, which is probably what your test gives you.

• Creatinine: Metabolic Test

• Glucose: Metabolic Test

• CRP: C-Reactive Protein Test

• Lympocyte %: This is found in the “with Differential” section of your CBC (complete blood count). Be sure to enter the percent value and not the absolute value; both may be on your test.

• Mean Cell Volume: On CBC may be called “MCV”

• Red Cell Dist Width: On CBC may be called “RDW %”

• Alkaline Phosphatase: On Metabolic test

• White Blood Cells: On CBC may be called “WBC Count K/uL”

I received most of the above values from my family doctor from routine blood work as part of an annual physical. However, one year she added the Differential and one year she did not. I will be asking for the “with Differential” from now on.

III. Third, the value that I did not receive from my routine blood work was the C-Reactive Protein. When I searched “CRP test” online, Google gave me a sponsored ad offering the test for $12.95. After an $8 draw fee it cost me $20. I purchased the test through “Ulta Lab Tests”. They sent me to a local “Quest Diagnostics” for the test. The results were given within 24 hours. Next time I will request this test from my family doctor.

IV. Fourth, the Lustgarten spreadsheet does not make it clear where your calculated age is found once you have inputted the requested values (which are the blue numbers). Your calculated age is the red number at the bottom of the page under “Ptypic Age.”

V. Finally, for the record:

• My natural age is 48.3
  • My Aging.ai calculated age is 49.0
  • My Levine calculated age is 42.9

I have not begun taking rapamycin, but it is coming in the mail. I live pretty healthily. I do not take any special meds apart from oral 1.25g Minoxidil daily and oral 0.25 pill Finasteride daily. Supplements are daily Vitamin D, Zinc, Magnesium. I also eat Kimchi daily with broccoli spears and supplement with fiber.

I hope this helps!

4 Likes

So I have my CBC panel from 3 years back pre-rapamycin and input it with my age from that panel (62 years) into the Levine Phenotypic Age Calculator.

Kinda surprised me. At the time I was 62 years old. His test placed me older at 64.3 years phenotypic age. Two years and a bit older? Damn!!

On rapamycin 2 years and 3 months CBC panel from last week. Now almost 65 years.
Quite a change since on Rapamycin. Phenotypic age 57.47 a total of 7 1/2 years younger. And an overall drop of 9 1/2 years.

Oddly my patterns of diet and exercise haven’t changed in the past 6 years. So is it the rapamycin… it is the only real varible.

Well there you go quite a change in 2 years 3 months of rapamycin use. I went back 9 1/2 years since rapamycin actually 10 1/2 if we go by his DNAm Age… Gobsmacked.

3 Likes

Awesome to see!

Can you give a rough timeline of your rapamycin dosing during that time (effective doses, assuming the multiple you’ve been seeing in blood levels with your GFJ protocol)? Just rough… in timeblocks of every 6 months or so?

1 Like

Yes, so my dosing timeline on rapamycin/sirolimus. I take the generic sirolimus – began with 6mg sirolimus a week. Nothing added to the dose - from August 2020 through January 2022. Basically 1 1/2 years. Then, research lead me to try 8mg to 10 mg per week nothing added to the dose from Feb 1, 2022 to end of March 2022 - roughly 2 months.

It was in April 2022 that I started experimenting with Grapefruit Juice (GFJ) in conjunction with my sirolimus dose. Based on my LABCORP tests I was multiplying the effect 5-6 times. So I was taking 8 mg sirolimus with a glass of GFJ to wash the pills down once a week. Side effects, I was getting 3 day cases of diarrhea. So I would switch to 6mg and GFJ. No diarrhea. I would try 8mg again and get 3 day diarrhea. This went on for 3 months - weekly dosing.

Finally by July 2022 I settled on 6mg sirolimus and washed down with the juice of one fresh squeezed Red Grapefruit. This gets me in the 30 + ng/mL range at t-max. This has been my weekly dose to end of October 2022. Starting in November same dose 6mg and GFJ but a 10 day interval. I just had my 6mg sirolimus with juice of one fresh squeezed Red Grapefruit literally 10 minutes ago - it has been 10 days since my last dose.
All my dosing has been weekly until the last LABCORP test results I decided a 10 day wait due to the higher dosing of 30+ ng/mL .That test trough reflects 10 days from last dose. This evening dose the same it has been 10 days. I assume my trough tonight is approx. 0.7 from based on last trough LABCORP results.

In Summary:
Aug/2020 to Jan/2022: 6mg/week (for about 18 months)
Feb/2022 to March/2022: 8 to 10mg/week (2 months)
April/2022 to June/2022: 6 to 8mg/week with GFJ (Effectively about 30mg to 50mg Rapamycin) (3 months)
July/2022 to End of Oct./2022: 6mg/week with GFJ (Effectively 30 to 40mg), (5 months)
Nov/2022 6mg/10 days with GFJ Note: I have started dosing at 10 day intervals to prevent MTOR2 issues.

4 Likes

I am hoping to get the same dosage as you. Halfway there at 3 mg.

1 Like

@Agetron what are your trough measures for blood/sirolimus when you’ve done them? I think you mentioned it somewhere in the past but don’t have easy access to it. Are you targeting a specific trough measure?

1 Like

No problem.

Here is my most recent trough results 0.7 from LABCORP after 10 days from my dose.

Then 1.5 hrs later after 6mg sirolimus and cup of fresh squeezed Red Grapefruit.

Trough:

2 Likes

Do you know which cyp3a4 and cyp3a5 alleles you have?

1 Like

As I have posted on another thread.

The Agetron protocol!

"Nothing else is even close."™

And for those who have not seen.

5 Likes

Please OMG - STOP! LOL.

1 Like

Unfortunately I do not. Obviously important in oxidizing toxins or drugs, for removal from the body.

1 Like

I thought dolphins just naturally appeared when we go for a swim. Don’t all you guys get that?

5 Likes

Hahaha… exactly… Very social mammals.

1 Like

That is a hilarious video - Love it Joseph!

2 Likes