Impressive Biological Age Reductions with Rapamycin (anecdotal)

^This is the grandlist of omics/“biological age clocks”

4 Likes

Absolutely, I think the younger you start the better off you are which is why I’m glad my son who is 32 years old has started weekly dosing at 2 Mg.

The problem is after 6 months he tells me he doesn’t feel or see anything different, nor should he at 32 years.

No doubt he’s getting the benefit… however, he is not seeing the subtle little differences that will make the big difference in the long run.

Just hope those on here under 50 years can understand and have faith in this amazing, natural microbe.

2 Likes

The problem with preventative medicine is that you won’t see and feel all the diseases you avoid getting! Keep the faith that it is good for you. For us older folks, we can see and feel the effects. I just hope it’s not too late for some of it…

1 Like

EXACTLY!
We are here and it works. Because issues are reverting and resolving.

Keep to the plan youngster (lol) and at some point you will realize you are holding or only slightly moving forward in age. Wish I had this at 40 or even 50… but glad to have found it and started at 62!

1 Like

Hi, apologies if I missed it but what dosage protocol for rapamycin are you on (and metformin?) And do tou take with oil/grapefruit?
Many thanks in advance

1 Like

See here: A Friendly, Biological Age Reduction Competition? - #63 by Agetron

1 Like

In the same way epigenetic tests work across large populations, with a single person you’d likely need to test repeatedly and plot a moving average. Any one snapshot in time would probably be too influenced by the type of changing factors you mentioned.

3 Likes

Exactly jakexb.

My biggest regret on biological testing is that I did not have the foresight - 2 years and 4 months ago before I started on rapamycin - to do a baseline measurement. I waited a full year to see if I was getting a benefit… first with TruMe and later with GlycanAge. The staff at both companies were surprised by my biological age results.

I do have my TruMe genetic spit methylation results for 1 year use and 1.5 years use. My 3rd test will be back in 2 weeks and I will post all 3 test in a linear fashion for everyone.

Also, I did my first GlycanAge test after 1.5 years of rapamycin use… and have my second test currently at the GlycanAge lab. So, in 2 to 3 weeks I will post those up too.

I will be able to see if higher dosing of rapamycin 30 ng/mL for the last 7 months has moved my biological age for better, worse or no change at all. Can’t wait!

4 Likes

Excited to see your new results. I’ve only done one 8 week cycle on rapa for myself and my dog.

1 Like

From reading many personal accounts of many rapamycin users. Most using report… they don’t notice major changes until the end if the 3rd month. That was my experience too.

So be patient.

Definitely excited for latest results.

3 Likes

Dude you don’t even look like the same person, wth

6 Likes

@Agetron is our rapamycin posterchild!

If we were a commercial site like weightwatchers.com we’d hire him and put is before and after images on the home page :smile:

6 Likes

Phil wrote: Dude you don’t even look like the same person.

Hahaha… I get that a lot… only 6 years difference. One of the medical university students at the school gym tonight told me … you look 50 years … I will take it… I told him to come to this site. He seemed impressed.

TBH…I dont feel the same either… got my 30’s attitude, swagger and constant euphoria… must be on rapa ecstasy. Lol.

6 Likes

Where did you say you sourced your Rapamycin from again??? :wink:

1 Like

My rapamycin… actually generic sirolimus is a prescription by my General Practioner (GP) - my personal physician.

I check in with him every 3-4 months for a full blood work up literally almost every possible aspect of blood with CBC, testosterone, vitamins, cholesterol… etc…

All has been well the past 2 years and 4 months… just saw him 2 weeks ago… he ordered a DEXA bone density and body composition (muscle and fat) scan… I have it on Dec. 5th. My first scan of this type. Will post results.

My sirolimus pills come from Accredo Pharmacy.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Lol, the true answer might be me

1 Like

Where are your biomarkers/data/testing/documentation?

1 Like

HI Mike - lol, well yeah, I should have said having a bone density scan.

That said, Bone strength is determined by bone geometry, cortical thickness and porosity, trabecular bone morphology, and intrinsic properties of bony tissue. Bone strength is indirectly estimated by bone mineral density (BMD) using dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA).
Link: Important determinants of bone strength: beyond bone mineral density - PubMed.

Will see what they say. As you point out other tests could give more information on strength per the pubmed article.

I feel better about my epigenetic age test after watching Michael Lustgartens video below. He has the same problem I have. I no longer feel alone…

1 Like

Just an FYI - here is an example of a full TrueDiagnostic report I was sent recently, thought people might like to see it:

TruAge Report Oct 27 2022.pdf (3.8 MB)

4 Likes