Yamu Xu co-founder of Lifereversal

Is any one familiar with his work? He is taking supplements I have not heard of here is a excerpt from a post I found on Quora:

Lithium salts have a side effect, which is that it damages the kidney . Is there a way to reduce the side effects of lithium salts?According to related research, N-Acetylcysteine ameliorates lithium-induced renal failure in rats.

(I usually take lithium with glutathione, NAC, glycine and betaine to protect liver and kidney )

According to A triple drug combination targeting components of the nutrient-sensing network maximizes longevity, rapamycin treatment results in insulin resistance and dyslipidemia in patients and mice, and this disturbance manifests as hypertriglyceridemia in Drosophila. Lithium reversed this and the starvation resistance associated with rapamycin treatment. In this study, double combinations of lithium and rapamycin, lithium and trametinib, or rapamycin and trametinib produced a reproducibly greater lifespan extension than controls, on average 30%, compared to each compound alone, which extended lifespan by an average of 11%. Remarkably, the triple drug combination increased lifespan by 48%.

4 Likes

Do we now take lithium, trametinib, and rapamycin together?

As

FWIW in the US a prescription of 2mg of Trametinib {Mekinist] 30 tablet is around $13,050.00 with a discount coupon {17% off the average retail price of $15,826.00

The India version is only ₹72,000 around $870.00 USD

2 Likes

And as a side effect it clears up any melanomas you might have.

This seems to be the study he based his regimen on:

https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.1913212116

A triple drug combination targeting components of the nutrient-sensing network maximizes longevity

Jorge Iván Castillo-Quan ORCID, Luke S. Tain, Kerri J. Kinghorn, +5, and Linda Partridge

1 Like

There is no assurance{that trametinib/mekinist]
will “clears up any melanomas”.

Attached is a PDF copy of the paper.

A triple drug combination targeting components of the nutrient-sensing network maximizes longevity.pdf (702.5 KB)

2 Likes

$870 per dose? Cheapo me will try the natural alternative.

Cranberries are the highest source, but mg content is minuscule. So I will try the supplement. Amazon sells 100mg myricetin tabs for $20 per 60 tabs.

Trametinib is a MEK inhibitor, and so is myricetin.

2mg of Trametinib {Mekinist] 30 tablets , From India $870.00

A US filled prescription $13,050.00. The average retail cost in the US is $15,826.00*

*Novartis is have a difficult time, they need to recover all their cost.

1 Like

Okay. $29 per dose, versus $20 per bottle of myricetin. Evidence so far, is on flies. I’ll stick with the cheapo shot.

2 Likes

If treatment of cancer is the target, not longevity, combining with modified rice bran may be more potent.

That study had only one patient.

“In a now 59 years old patient with inoperable (BRAF-mutant) low differentiated adenocarcinoma of bilary ducts after 30GY radiotherapy and two cycles (Gemcitabin+ Cisplatin) chemotherapy a rapid progression of lung, liver and brain metastases were by CT and MR established. Thereafter, a teatment with BRAF+MEK inhibitors (2x150 mg dabrafenib and 1 x 2 mg trametinib) was started. These inhibitors were combined with daily 45 mg/kg rice bran arabinoxylan concentrate (using Biobran/MGN-3) which was shown to be a pathogenic associated molecular pattern (PAMP)-like molecule and can stimulate the type-1 innate immune cells against tumor cells.”

“Results: After the chemotherapy and prior to the start of second line treatment, the patient had a nearly terminal state of her rapidly progressive disease. Eight months after the combination of MEK / BRAF inhibitor and immunomodulator therapy nearly complete remissions of all metastases was established in CT and MR.”

Folks, I think that nobody should be taking a supplement regimen based on results in flies…

From the paper mentioned above…

"additively to increase longevity in Drosophila

Please don’t start taking drugs and supplements based on these types of results… its interesting, but we need a lot more evidence in mammals before considering it.

Geroscientists at the recent longevity summit were discussing (and rolling their eyes) about the crazy biohackers that make decisions on supplements or drugs based on drosophila (fly) or c.elegans (worm) research. Don’t be one of those people please.

Most fly and worm study results do not translate to humans.

6 Likes

Thanks for the warning. Myricetin being a flavanol like quercetin and fisetin, I believe it is a safe bet.

With regard to subbing for trametinib, it looks like myricetin, independently, has been tested on the same drosophila flies.

https://examine.com/supplements/myricetin/research/#vJKVAQ8-longevity-1_vJKVAQ8-non-mammalian-interventions-1

“Myricetin has been noted to prolong average (18%) and maximal (21.7%) lifespan in C. Elegans , which was a potency greater than other tested flavanols (quercetin, kaempferol, and naringenin) associated with reducing oxidative damage to the mitochondrial and proteins;[19] when tested in mev-1(kn1) mutants (reduced lifespan[20] associated with higher mitochondrial oxidative stress[21]) all flavonoids reduced mitochondrial oxidative stress (in a manner not related to DAF-16 translocation) yet only myricetin increased average lifespan (16%) in these mutants.”

1 Like

Myricetin: A Dietary Molecule with Diverse Biological Activities

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4772053/

1 Like

Myricetin bioactive effects: moving from preclinical evidence to potential clinical applications

Myricetin: A comprehensive review on its biological potentials

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/fsn3.2513

It looks like eating a handful of cranberries is sufficient for supplementation, based on the table below.

Cranberries, 6600 mg per 100 grams.

1 Like

1 Like

JuanDaw,

You trial/expermention will be rapamycin and cranberry?

Cranberry to copy trametinib?

Or rapamycin, cranberry and lithium?

Another skunk works!

Reference the paper post at the start of this thread;

According to the paper; starvation appears to be the way to go. :sweat_smile:

Lithium orotate appears to be the safest way to take a lithium salt and it is available without a prescription because of its safety.

FWIW: I have been taking lithium orotate for decades with no ill effects.

“These results are supportive of the lack of a postmarket safety signal from several decades of human consumption.”
BTW: These were rather massive doses.

2 Likes

I have not taken any anti-aging drugs yet. I will try 1) capers (substitute for rapamycin - has more affinity to Everolimus), 2) myricetin supplement or cranberries (trametinib substitute), and 3) lithium.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/342413079_Evaluation_of_Kaempferol_as_AKT_Dependent_mTOR_Regulator_via_Targeting_FKBP-12_in_Hepatocellular_Carcinoma_An_In_silico_Approach

The docking studies support Kaempferol to be a potential ligand with docking score values of 33.4 (3CQU-3D structure of AKT1)] and 27.3 (2FAP-3D structure of FRB domain of mTOR) respectively as compared to that of standard drug Everolimus with 24.4 (3CQU-3D structure of AKT1) and 20.1 (2FAP-3D structure of FRB domain of mTOR) respectively. Docking studies along with ADMET results shows that Kaempferol has favorable drug likeliness properties and bind to the same active site (site1) of the targeted proteins (3CQU-3D structure of AKT1) and (2FAP-3D structure of FRB domain of mTOR) where the standard drug Everolimus is known to bind. Conclusion The study exhibited that Kaempferol was having a better binding affinity towards the receptor FKBP12, a Rapamycin Binding Domain and AKT serine/threonine-protein kinase resulting in its better efficacy in the mTORC1 inhibition as when compared with standard drug Everolimus against HCC.

Capers have the highest level of kaempferol.

It just got dried capers in salt two days ago. Rinsed them several times, to remove the salt, and soaked them overnight for good measure. Dried them in a dehydrator. Waiting for the myricetin to arrive in two days. Lithium? I am poking around to find out a suitable dosage.

I plan to take it three days a week. Most people here take rapamycin once a week. Because of the half-life, the rapa, probably stays in the body about three to four days. Myricetin has a half life of eleven hours. But kaempferol has a half life of only 3-4 hours. I have to plan a more frequent dosing, maybe BID or TID.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3580176/