Yamu Xu co-founder of Lifereversal

I do not care for capers.

Anchovies without capers.

Rapamycin with anchovies!

1 Like

A review of the dietary flavonoid, kaempferol on human health and cancer chemoprevention

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3601579/

Try Kaempferol Powder 50% Extract

Lets track the research on this going forward…

It might be worth a try earlier rather than later if the side effect profile was a little more palatable…

Adverse Effects

Adverse effects listed are all grades of severity unless indicated otherwise

Note *: Adverse reactions are for patients treated with dabrafenib and trametinib

>10%

Monotherapy

• Increased AST (60%)
  • Rash (57%)
  • Hyperglycemia (50%)
  • Increase ALT (39%)
  • Leukopenia (38%)
  • Anemia (46%)
  • Neutropenia (44%)
  • Diarrhea (43%)
  • Hypoalbuminemia (42%)
  • Hyperphosphatemia (37%)
  • Hyperkeratosis (37%)
  • Headache (32%)
  • Lymphoedema (32%)
  • Pyrexia (28%)
  • Arthralgia (27%)
  • Papilloma (27%)
  • Increased alkaline phosphatase (24%)
  • Alopecia (22%)
  • Palmar-plantar erythrodysesthesia syndrome (20%)
  • Acneiform dermatitis (19%)
  • Stomatitis (15%)
  • Hypertension (15%)
  • Abdominal pain (13%)
  • Hemorrhage (13%)
  • Back pain (12%)
  • Cough (12%)
  • Myalgia (11%)
  • Dry skin (11%)
  • Constipation (11%)

Source: https://reference.medscape.com/drug/mekinist-trametinib-999854#4

1 Like

At what dose?

“Poison is in everything, and no thing is without poison. The dosage makes it either a poison or a remedy.” ~ Paracelsus

“If you wait until you are ready, it is almost certainly too late.” ~ Seth Godin

I am not the waiting type.

It is the combo with dabrafenib that produces adverse reactions.

Note *: Adverse reactions are for patients treated with dabrafenib and trametinib

I would need years and massive amounts of information and tests to be interested in this at all.

I liked Juan’s cranberry solution much better. It won’t work, but it won’t make you suffer either.

1 Like

Do you have links to these prices? How did this research study on flies afford the Trametinib?

You would have to ask the researcher where they acquired the supply for the study (if is is not mentioned in the paper)

I did a search in the India Pharmacy Pharmaceutical Market.

₹ 78,000

At today’s ( 02/18/2023) Exchange Rate cost is $942.42

1 Like

They got it from LC labs. It looks like Trametinib is only DMSO soluble, “ is practically insoluble in the pH range of 2 to 8 in aqueous media . MEKINIST (trametinib) tablets are supplied as 0.5-mg, 1-mg, and 2-mg tablets for oral administration. Each 0.5-mg tablet contains 0.5635 mg trametinib dimethyl sulfoxide equivalent to 0.5 mg of trametinib non-solvated parent.”

I assume the tablets wouldn’t be able to be ground up and placed in rodent chow?

Can I ask what are you trying to do?

I’m trying to determine if Trametinib is a drug the NIA ITP could easily test in a mouse study.

What I don’t know is if a tablet bound with DMSO can be ground up and placed into food

No need to worry, the ITP guys can get it from a chemical supplier like Sigma-Aldrich or directly from Novartis. You can submit an application to them if you got time to spare.

https://www.selleckchem.com/products/gsk1120212-jtp-74057.html

2 Likes

If you scroll down to the bottom of the link you provided the powder still needs to be formulated with DMSO to be bioavailable I think. If they formulate with DMSO and then grind it all up into rodent chow does that work? Or does it separate it out from the DMSO? I don’t have enough of a chemistry background to know these things

Nitrogen Bisphosphonates can inhibit ras in the mek pathway

For a laymen what is the bottom line?

(124) What’s delaying regenerative medicine? Bill Faloon at RAADfest 2023. - YouTube

Fast-forwardto 42:00

Sources for Trametinib??

1 Like