Anyone taking Trametinib?

If you are, at what dose?

Where did you purchase?

1 Like

It seems to likely be available from all the regular suppliers… What research is driving your interest?

2 Likes

I don’t take it, but I find it a interesting substance. Especially for the brain. And in combination with lithium and rapamycin.

6 Likes

This was posted on the other thread January 02, 2023

With the added video on;

Paper titled;

“A triple drug combination targeting components of the nutrient-sensing network maximizes longevity”

A PDF copy at;

https://www.rapamycin.news/uploads/short-url/zIuY8daIJjFNjcK0cKdKkVLkacF.pdf

Planning my strategy when I finish the DAV Therapy’

In my view the rewards outweighs the risk.{in my view less risk than human plasma exchange]

I have a high risk tolerance.

All are well aware of my thinking;

“If you wait until you are ready, it is almost certainly too late.”

~Seth Godin

*Keep waiting till you are ready and your time waiting will be gone forever. You will never get that time back."
~Joseph

“I am not the waiting type.”

~Joseph

1 Like

Information on adverse effects. At commonly prescribed dosages, there is a high incidence of potentially serious side effects.

https://reference.medscape.com/drug/mekinist-trametinib-999854#4

I think there was a paper discussed here sometime back where it was determined that lifespan studies in lower lifeforms like worms and flies don’t correlate well with mammal lifespan studies.

The compounds are already FDA approved.

Which to me is not reverent, the FDA is NOT the bastion of knowledge in medical compounds.
They the FDA hinder more than help, the real fact it is all about money with FDA .

Rapamycin
Lithium Orotate
Trametinib

Are in my sites, when I finish the DAV course.

~Seth Godin

“Keep waiting till you are ready and your time waiting will be gone forever. You will never get that time back.”
~Joseph

~Joseph

1 Like

Which in the case of trametinib means the potential benefit may outweigh the risks for some cancer patients.

1 Like

Add the rest of my comment.

"Which to me is not reverent, the FDA is NOT the bastion of knowledge in medical compounds.They the FDA hinder more than help, the real fact it is all about money with FDA.

And I support the right of an individual to make his own choices regarding his personal health and the medications he buys. And if you decide to proceed, I hope it works out for you.

With that said, this is a discussion forum. And I think most people here would agree that quality of evidence, cost, and risk/benefit ratios are all important considerations before adding a new compound to one’s antiaging regimen. For me, this medication wouldn’t satisfy any of these criteria. At standard dosages, almost half of patients become anemic. Elevated AST and hypoalbuminemia occur in 60 and 42%, respectively, suggesting liver toxicity. Neutropenia occurs in 44% of patients. And leukopenia occurs in 38%. And the list goes on. It’s one of those medications where, if you’re going to take it, you’d better have a damn good reason for doing so. And then careful monitoring and management of these adverse effects if they do occur.

Additionally, the primary reason for considering it for longevity purposes appears to be a fruit fly study. I have very little interest in drosophila and C. Elegans studies to begin with. They may provide starting points for research ideas in mice, but longevity findings in these organisms often fail to extend to higher organisms. And lastly, it’s very expensive.

4 Likes

I’m glad @Joseph is happy to take the risks and experiment on behalf of the rest of us and I hope he will share his results.

1 Like

We discussed trametinib earlier, here:

Cost is prohibitive (for me), based on Joseph’s own post.

I did a search in the India Pharmacy Pharmaceutical Market.

₹ 78,000

At today’s ( 02/18/2023) Exchange Rate cost is $942.42

I opined that myricetin is a MEK inhibitor; but it only inhibits MEK1, unlike trametinib (MEK1 and MEK2).

Sandra Kaufmann also says dihydromyricetin is a Sirt3 activator.

Minute 18:14

Original paper is below:

https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.1913212116

In organisms ranging from invertebrates to mammals, reducing the activity of the nutrient-sensing mechanistic target of rapamycin (mTOR) and insulin/insulin-like growth factor signaling (IIS) network can promote longevity and health during aging (2, 3).

Lowering network activity can also protect against the pathology associated with genetic models of age-related diseases (1, 2). The network contains many drug targets, including mTOR, mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase (MEK), and glycogen synthase kinase-3 (GSK-3) (Fig. 1A).

Down-regulation of mTOR activity by rapamycin, GSK-3 by lithium, or MEK by trametinib can each individually extend lifespan in laboratory organisms (511),

and brief inhibition of mTOR has recently been shown to increase the response of elderly people to immunization against influenza (12). In addition, both mTOR and MEK inhibitors have been shown to reduce senescent phenotypes in human cells (13),

while increasing concentrations of lithium levels in drinking water correlate with reduced all-cause mortality in a Japanese population (10).

So mTOR inhibition, MEK inhibition, and lithium supplementation is the approach.

3 Likes

Would you take rapamycin everyday for longevity?

Most likely not.

In my view trametinib is the same.

I will not be taking trametinib everyday.

Like rapamycin once a week.

Planning strategy, all subject to change.

Anyone besides myself considering trying the three compounds?

Rapamycin
Lithium Orotate
Trametinib

~Seth Godin

“Keep waiting till you are ready and your time waiting will be gone forever. You will never get that time back.”
~Joseph

~Joseph

1 Like

Are you thinking of buying it from China?

No, looking at India and/or considering API mix in capsules.

It’ll become costly if you plan on using it for an extended period.

30 2mg tablet cost around $900.00 plus shipping from India

I would have preferred buying a few grams from a reliable Chinese supplier and then having it third-party tested. The drug has high oral bioavailability.

Do you know of someone?

Ask them.

WhatsApp +86 16621006118

Or:

WhatsApp +86 2784888682

1 Like