Which supplements do you think are still worth taking?

If you’re talking mice, you’re always talking months. The difference with acarbose was significant and provided the maximum benefit of all ITP interventions.

2 Likes

Thanks Tim…I will definitely have a look.

@Agetron, you might look into beta-alinine.

it’s beta-alAnine, take frequent small doses throughout the day as the prickly sensation from larger doses is unpleasant

2 Likes

@Arhu The prickly sensation goes away after a year or so. I take 3/4 of a spoonful. Thanks for the corrected spelling.

1 Like

@Neo, what about athletes? Isn’t protein high-octane fuel for muscles?

See the paper and related information in this thread: New Paper: Lifespan Benefits for the Combination of Rapamycin plus Acarbose in mice

2 Likes

@RapAdmin, another one I’ll read tomorrow. Thanks.

Humans are not mice and in humans it is pretty well established that increasing protein intake upto 2 mg/kg increases muscle synthesis and reduces OSTEOsarcponia (yes it reduces increases bone density)

2 Likes

If you think humans are not mice and those studies aren’t very useful, why are you using a mechanistic study on fibre-deficient diet to promote carnivore diet?

Yes I’d agree with that. Depends on your goals -

are your optimizing for longevity in the long run (then don’t want too many growth factors (mTOR, IGF-1, etc constantly revved up), and inflammatory process and wear, etc)

or

are you optimizing for max athletic performance (of a given sort eg the amount (and type) of muscle would be very different if goal is marathon, vs 100m sprint, vs weight lifting records).

Clearly there are overlap where a certain amount of exercise, protein and muscle training is helpful for longevity in the real world for humans (in a non sterile lab). But the optional amount of protein is almost certainty different for max muscle vs max longevity.

3 Likes

One recent example by the Lamming Lab - one of the top scientists in the power of rapamycin, longevity expert, etc and followed and respected by many on these fora:

Here is the paper in a top journal:

Dietary restriction of isoleucine increases healthspan and lifespan of genetically heterogeneous mice: Cell Metabolism

https://www.cell.com/cell-metabolism/fulltext/S1550-4131(23)00374-1

6 Likes

I would never take health advice from someone that looks like this. This isn’t a cheap ad hominem either but clearly whatever they are doing isn’t working

1 Like

That’s why I only listen to people who have heart attacks at 50 years old when looking like this.

7 Likes

Arterial plaque takes decades to form, not a few years.

But of course you can fake looking healthy with PEDs, so not everyone looking healthy is healthy but nearly everyone that looks unhealthy usually really is

3 Likes

If you really push your LDL or apoB to the limit, it will happen faster, as sometimes happens on the carnivore diet if the fatty acid composition isn’t towards more unsaturated fats.

2 Likes

What do I still take apart from Sirolimus?

Metformin
Taurine
Klotho
GDF11
Astaxanthin
Captopril (Just swapped it for Enalapril)
Vitamin D + K2
Glucosamine + Chondroitin

4 Likes

How does a person get a low isoleucine diet without low Leucine as well? I cycle my protein around rapa dosing, and I’d be particularly interested in very low isoleucine in general if I could fight out how.

1 Like

Where do you get you Klotho from?

1 Like

It is a very rare to see atherosclerosis already in the 4th decade in people with some lipid disorders (where you only start seeing in the 2nd half of the 3rd decade) because plaque formation takes that long

1 Like

Don’t know about you, but the girls look pretty cute to me. Sure I’d take advise from them!

2 Likes