Where to get Rapamycin enteric coated

Just wondering if anyone knows where to get Rapamycin enteric-coated. The research shows you only get benefits if it reaches the intestine. Enteric-coated (which is the brand kind) usually runs $900 for 30 pills with insurance at regular drug stores, which is way too expensive.

1 Like

All the generic tablet versions of rapamycin / sirolimus have some sort of coating that protects it until it reaches the small intestine. Many people here have done blood sirolimus tests after taking the generic medications and its getting into the blood at good levels. How to get a Rapamycin (sirolimus) Blood Level Test

There has been an issue with encapsulated sirolimus powder from compounding pharmacies: Compound pharmacy rapamycin capsules - bioavailability, concerns, & solutions? - #3 by RapAdmin

Related: Biohacking rapamycin's bioavailability

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s true that “all the generic tablet versions” have a coating that protects it till it reaches the small intestine. I bought some from Amazon Pharmacy (unfortunately I do not know the manufacturer’s name) and I put it in water and it dissolved within minutes. As far as I know, the only manufacturers I can find that are enteric-coated are the brand by Pfizer and Greenstone which costs USD 900 for 30 1mg tablets, or Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Inc (USD 100 for 30 1mg tablets), which I can’t seem to find a place that sells from them in WA.

2 Likes

I have had Dr. Reddy sirolimus… Greenstone rapamune and now Careon Zydus.

Dr. Reddy and Greenstone were triangle hard coated pills.

Zydus looks a bit dry… and chalky… its coating isn’t obvious like the other two.

Will do a Labcorp blood test and see what the potency is in two months.

1 Like

Was it a tablet or a capsule? If it was a tablet - I’d suggest trying a blood sirolimus test a few hours afterwards to see if its getting into your blood. Given that many organ transplant patients rely on the generic tablets to stay alive, they would know pretty quickly if it wasn’t working and getting into the blood.

2 Likes

You should try it in an acid instead. Dissolving in water is as intended.

2 Likes

I agree with you but dissolving within minutes is concerning. I read online that it takes roughly 20-30 minutes for drugs on an empty stomach to reach the intestine. So if it dissolves in less time than that I don’t know if it’ll make it to the intestines either way. But what type of acid (something that is reflective of stomach acid) do you suggest I try to dissolve it in? Since I have Rapamycin I’m not sure is useful I might as well try it.

Edit: I put it in some apple cider vinegar and it started dissolving within the first 2 minutes so I think that confirms the Amazon Pharmacy one is probably not enteric-coated.

2 Likes

it was a tablet. Someone on here mentioned that enteric-coated pills should still dissolve in water. Is this correct?

1 Like

Did Dr. Reddy Labratories Inc’s Sirolimus increase blood levels of Sirolimus? Also what pharmacy did you get it from? I’m having trouble finding a pharmacy that buys from that manufacturer.

1 Like

Amazon sources its supplies from the cheapest vendors in general.

1 Like

Enteric coating is meant to be dissolved in the intestines where the ph is basic, so it probably isn’t coated. I don’t know how the ph difference between stomach and apple cider vinegar compares.

Enteric coating is quite expensive.

Amazon is really becoming worse and worse it seems.

1 Like

I’ve been concerned that my supposedly enteric coated tablets weren’t working, even after trying a higher dose (less often) and drinking grapefruit juice hours earlier (peak enzyme suppression takes about ten hours), so I bought empty enteric capsules from Amazon. I can squeeze 3-4 tablets into each capsule.

Still no side effects.

When I bought from the anti-aging store (is that the name? blanking on that) I had at least a small sore under my tongue which told me it was doing something. But this last batch is from gpharma (India) and I get nothing. if I order again from them I may ask if they have a different brand.

And of course I should just look into a test as mentioned above.

1 Like

Those don’t really work, but I guess it’s better than nothing.

Side effects are not a good measure of whether rapamycin is in your system. I’ve only had side effects once in a while (that I’ve noticed) - once a mouth sore, a few weeks (over the past 4 years) of rash on my arm. You don’t want side effects. I’ve gone as high as 28mg in a 10 day period (single dose) and no side effects. But I’ve also gotten side effects (mouth sore) at 4mg dose.

If you look at our Poll, most people don’t have side effects: Side Effects of Rapamycin (part 2)

2 Likes

Why do you think they don’t work?

Trusted person in supplement industry say they fail their gastric simulation tests.

Definitely do a Labcorp test 2 -3 hours after dose…and you will know.

1 Like

I get my prescription through the mail… Carelon Pharmacy… ftom my health insurance… Anthem Blue Cross. Will get my next 3 month supply delivered on January 10th. Curious as to what I get… this time. So far they have switched me Sirolimus, then Rapamune and now Zydus.

My Labcorp tests are pretty consistent with Dr. Reddy and Greenstone. The dose without anything is the dose when tested… say you take 6 mg… get 6 mg on Labcorp results.

With Grapefruit juice (GFJ)… I get a 3 to 6 increase in the dose. Lately 4 times… has been showing when taken with GFJ. I use GFJ… to stretch out my supply.

I only get blood Labcorp checked every 3 months.

Next test will be early March. I will test the Zydus then. Unless I just do it next week or so … test cost $90… but insurance typically covers it.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

…“The rapamycin test cost less than $60.00 through Marek.”…

Review;

2 Likes

I guess so. Just this morning I was taking my Rapamune (Pfizer) rapamycin pill and got distracted by something and had it in my hand for few minutes and my hand got sweaty and in just few minutes of holding it in my damp hands started to dissolve its coating. I was a bit shocked by this.

1 Like