Improve Bioavailability of Rapamycin (2)

Did you ever ferment the Grape fruit juice with the help of a kombucha mushroom or a water kefir? I also don’t want to drink the fructose, so why not letting other microorganisms eat it first?

1 Like

Sweet, good to know. Thanks!

1 Like

I nearly never have milk products and I really never combine them with supplements. Milk binds polyphenols and according to ChatGPT, it also decreases the bioavailibility of rapamycin.

Milk decreases polyphenol bioavailability.

Does milk decrease the bioavailibility of polyphenols

Yes, consuming milk with polyphenol-rich foods or beverages can decrease the bioavailability of polyphenols.

Polyphenols are a group of plant compounds that are known for their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. They are found in many foods, including fruits, vegetables, tea, coffee, and red wine.

Milk contains proteins called caseins, which can bind to polyphenols and form complexes that are not easily absorbed in the body. This reduces the bioavailability of polyphenols, which means that less of them are available for the body to use.

Several studies have shown that consuming milk with polyphenol-rich foods or beverages can decrease the absorption and availability of polyphenols. For example, a study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry found that adding milk to black tea reduced the bioavailability of tea polyphenols by up to 64%.

Therefore, if you want to maximize the health benefits of polyphenols, it’s best to consume them without milk. Instead, you can try drinking black tea or coffee without milk, or adding polyphenol-rich foods like berries, dark chocolate, or nuts to your diet.

Does milk decrease the bioavailibility of rapamycin

There is limited research on whether milk affects the bioavailability of rapamycin, but some studies suggest that it may decrease the absorption of the drug.

Rapamycin is a drug that is commonly used to prevent organ rejection after transplant surgery, and it also has potential uses in treating certain cancers, autoimmune diseases, and aging-related conditions.

Milk contains calcium and other minerals that can form insoluble complexes with rapamycin in the stomach and intestines, which may reduce its absorption and bioavailability. In addition, milk also contains proteins that can bind to rapamycin and reduce its absorption.

One study published in the Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences found that the presence of calcium in milk decreased the absorption of rapamycin by up to 50% in rats. Another study published in the International Journal of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics found that consuming milk with a single dose of rapamycin in healthy volunteers decreased the drug’s bioavailability by approximately 30%.

Therefore, it is recommended that rapamycin should be taken on an empty stomach, at least one hour before or two hours after a meal, and should not be taken with milk or other dairy products. This will help to ensure optimal absorption and effectiveness of the drug. However, it is important to consult with a healthcare provider before making any changes to your medication regimen.

1 Like

I wouldn’t trust ChatGPT on this kind of stuff yet… I’ve played with it and when I try to get it to tell me the exact papers that its referencing in “studies”, they don’t exist. ChatGPT makes shit up all the time.

Plus, its likely complex. High fat milk might increase the bioavailability of rapamycin due to the fat content…

11 Likes

I’m still trying to arrange a blood test for Rapamycin from Life Extension but they don’t know anything about the blood test, lab Cor does it but they need an order for it , any help would be appreciated
Thank you

FWIW
Review Marek Diagnostics, they also use LabCorp

The rapamycin test cost less than $60.00 through Marek.

See the link below, has discount codes posted

3 Likes

Thank you, do I pay Merk and will they send me the order for me to go to Labcor?
Thank you

There are a few States that are not allowed NY, NJ and RI.

Contact customer service and ask before you pay. As they do not issue refunds.

I am in a NY, NJ area, I have to go to PA to use.

Ok thank you, I live in Florida

Thank you, I now have the requisition
From Marek to test my blood after 6 months of dosing with Rapamycin.

If possible post how it worksout.

1 Like

Hi
I ordered the Marek blood work order but I haven’t had an email with the confirmation yet, how long does it normally take? I ordered it on Sunday, today is Tuesday
Thanks

I sent a request and for some reason (over the weekend) it didn’t get filled and they never sent the email. After contacting them a week later they finally sent it. It appears they have minimal staff to deal with these things. I’d send an email if you haven’t received the requisition in 3 working days. BTW because of this (I was doing a peak and trough) I had only one requisition so I just ordered the second test directly at labcorp (MD). The Marek test was 60 and the one I ordered directly was 220 or something close, I called to complain and they reduced it to 160. Lesson learned.

1 Like

Thank you for that information. I sent a requisition over a week ago but have heard nothing, I will email them
Thanks again

We asked to ChatGPT to write a supreme court brief. It made up supreme court cases and cited them in its brief!

2 Likes

You should get the requisition the same day. I think mine went to the spam file. You can call them.

I will call them, I have emailed them 4 times but no response
Thanks

Has anyone experience from using ritonavir? Any sideffects from short time use?

IJMS | Free Full-Text | The Mechanism-Based Inactivation of CYP3A4 by Ritonavir: What Mechanism? (mdpi.com)

“Ritonavir is the most potent cytochrome P450 (CYP) 3A4 inhibitor in clinical use and is often applied as a booster for drugs with low oral bioavailability due to CYP3A4 mediated biotransformation, as in the treatment of HIV (e.g., lopinavir/ritonavir) and more recently COVID-19 (Paxlovid or nirmatrelvir/ritonavir). Despite its clinical importance, the exact mechanism of ritonavir-mediated CYP3A4 inactivation is still not fully understood. Nonetheless, ritonavir is clearly a potent mechanism-based inactivator, which irreversibly blocks CYP3A4.”

Since it is “the most potent CYP3A4 inhibitor in clinical use” There should be a substantial amount of clinical experience from the widespread use.

I had good experience with Marek. In fact, I just got my sirolimus blood test result back, 5 days after the draw at my local Lab Corps.

They do seem to have some problems with their email automation. Just keep after them.

All good now thank you, there was a typo error in the email address, received the order now thank you

2 Likes