What dose of Rapamycin to take as a complete newcomer

I am 35 and will start to take Rapamycin. That’s not too early, is it?

I want to start with 5mg once a week. Is that OK or should I start with 1 mg per week and then increase?

I will take 100 tablets for as long as they can last. After that, I will take a break. Can I get addicted to it or what do I have to keep in mind when I stop for a while?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

No one knows the right dose or frequency for lifespan extensions. Some opt for lower but more regular doses, others do higher doses less frequently.
You can’t get addicted to rapamycin.

2 Likes

Hi, read up on our FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)… Rapamycin Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Here is information on dosing: What is the Rapamycin Dose / Dosage for Anti-Aging or Longevity?

Nothing addictive about rapamycin, though some of us here really love how it makes us feel (see the “euphoria” that @DeStrider talks about here: What Happens When Your Side Effects Are Good?

But to be honest - at age 35, you probably won’t notice much difference. See our poll of users here: Rapamycin User Poll / Survey - Please Respond

3 Likes

But is it advisable to start at my age, or should I wait?

1 Like

You should probably control your apoB with a drug shown to decrease cardiovascular mortality, all-cause mortality.

1 Like

You’ll get all different opinions here because nobody has done the very expensive and extensive (lasting decades at least since you’re 35) tests to prove it one way or the other. Generally if your lipids go wild and your blood sugar increases that means you are affecting MTor2 and that is bad. My feeling is that it’s better to go every 2 or 3 weeks to give it time to get back to normal. Fast for a few days before your dose. Use Acarbose. These things will help MTor2. At your age use the long interval. In 30 years start doing it every week, of course by then they’ll have something better.

At your age you can’t blame it on arthritis or memory problems. Don’t count on the animal studies. Go slow.

2 Likes

I will go very slowly. I will start with 1 mg per week and then increase.

All my parameters are good. I am 1.79m tall, weigh 70kg, and do sports 4 to 5 times a week. My VO2 max is also good as I am doing HIIT every week. But I want to make sure that I do everything I can to live the longest. I will go very slowly with Rapamycin, but I am also super bullish that this can help at least in some way.

3 Likes

I am taking at just 21. If you’re fucked I am fucked <3

2 Likes

Have you done any bloodwork?

If so which provider and for how much?

I did mine with bloedwaardentest. Close to a year ago but it was €300+ for “hormones, cholesterol and blood sugar” markers, put blunthly would like to know if you had found a cheaper alternative

I know you’re Dutch, I am building company, an alternative to Bloedwaardentest and can offer you the exact same tests, even at any prikpunt, for cheaper, and more tests.

1 Like

I believe most longevity studies with rapamycin were done on older animals, initially purely by chance.
The only human studies involving non-Immunosuppressant dosing of rapamycin were done on older individuals.
The upcoming study on dogs will be done on older dogs, 7 years and above.
Gingivitis study will be done on human subjects older than 50.
Stanfield will be testing effects of rapamycin on muscle performance in “older” individuals.

So if the scientists are choosing to study older humans and animals you should ask yourself why ?

Maybe it’s because it is easier to observe positive changes in older individuals with diseases of aging ?

Or maybe as people get older they have less to lose and more to gain so the ratio of benefit vs risk changes. Maybe it’s easier to get those studies approved for older individuals by IRB.

Keep in mind that there are many other things you can do which are prove to improve your health other than exercise, I would definitely explore those options first.

2 Likes

I don’t know the exact reason, but a possible reason for using rapamycin at 7 years instead of 2 or 3, is because the study length would increase with ~5 years. Extra costs.

For Matt’s dog studies, he himself had even said they may have overpowered the study aiming for a 9% increase. Reason: dose is low.

The reason for a low dose is to have higher compliance; dog sick, owner drops out of the study.

Nobody here is going to “advise” you do do anything (at least I hope they don’t). We are a community of early adopters in the area of longevity drugs and we are trying these things and making our own decisions for ourselves.

I encourage you to read up and make a decision that works for you given your interests, goals and risk profile. Generally I focus on making sure my exercise and diet are reasonably well optimized and are providing a strong baseline of health before I have moved on to the more complex issue of trying longevity drugs and supplements.

Here is a good start: The Case for Starting Rapamycin Earlier in Life (e.g. late 20s) vs middle age (e.g. 50s)

Rapamycin is a caloric restriction (CR) mimetic so as an mTOR inhibitor it slows your systems down (my opinion) to reduces wear and tear. But make sure that everything you need is fully developed before you slow things down. Also remember that it works optimally by cycling. Let your systems come back up to speed to build muscle, etc. You don’t want them going slow all the time. But when you put your body under a little stress by mimicking caloric restriction, it has to clean up and repair so it can work at top efficiency. That can good even when you are young. (this is my understanding of it.)