UK Rapamycin Imports - Confiscated by customs? Risk of arrest?

Has anyone here had their Rapamycin confiscated by customs? If yes then what country do you live in?

I live in the UK. Is there any risk of me being arrested for importing Rapamycin or Naltrexone for personal use?

1 Like

We have lots of people here from the UK who are importing successfully from India - no issues. I’m not sure what happens if the confiscate the package. See these threads:

Here: How to import Rapamycin into the EU Countries? Your Experiences Please

A reference point on pricing in the UK: UK prices for Rapamycin with a private prescription

More info/experiences: Is anyone here in the UK taking rapamycin for longevity - if so how did you get it?

2 Likes

Thank you, RapAdmin, very much indeed for your very informative reply?

1 Like

In the US every once in a while people get their packages confiscated - but you just lose the investment into the tablets. Best to keep your orders smaller rather than larger - at least in the US.
I’ve heard of people getting 600 tablet orders confiscated.

Here is a good thread on the importation process: Importing Rapamycin to Save Money (pt 2)

3 Likes

I don’t know if there is a risk of being arrested. I think I preferred to remain ignorant of that so I’m not worrying about it.
Anyway, I’ve bought three small packages from India so far and no problem receiving all three into UK. It doesn’t even look like they have been opened.
Just make sure you don’t have it sent by DHL unless you have a prescription - otherwise, EMS Speedpost does the job at their end and Royal Mail picks it up at our end.

5 Likes

Who would prosecute you? CBP? It would be a horrible case for them to run, since YOU didn’t send it. No US Attorney is touching that.

2 Likes

In the United States I’ve never heard of anyone being prosecuted for importing generic pharmaceuticals that aren’t on the DEA scheduled.

Other countries though, I have no idea.

4 Likes

I live in the UK and haven’t encountered any problems at all, I’ve ordered rapamycin and naltrexone and lots of other drugs. Have ordered from India, China, amongst other countries. There really is nothing to worry about regarding the UK authorities.

Forgot to add that I’ve never had a drugs parcel confiscated.

3 Likes

I wonder if relative size of a package matters as well. Awhile ago I ordered 30 tubes of adapalene gel at a good price, and a bit of acarbose (200 / 25 mg tablets). The box was far larger than previous shipments as a result of the adapalene. It got searched but then sent on, resulting in few weeks delay.

So my plan is to ask for minimal size by dispensing with a lot of packaging. Not sure it will help but I figure it is worth a try.

1 Like

To add a data-point I ordered sirolimus from a pharmacy in India and it arrived 2 weeks later, no delay in customs and no import tax. Volume was 300mg.

This is not legal advice but you have approximately 0% chance of prosecution for importing in reasonable quantities. Rapamycin is not on the controlled drugs list and is non-addictive so they will not care.

Even if it were technically illegal prosecuting someone for importing anti aging drugs would fall clearly under “not in the public interest”.

4 Likes

Importing for personal use in the UK is not an issue. If people start importing larger quantities then that is considered as not being for personal use. I had a large melatonin order (which was in fact for personal use) seized, but that is the only time I have had a problem.

3 Likes

I have successfully imported 400 tablets from India to the USA last week. The box was quite small, so I agree that it is probably a size not quantity issue. I have also imported 300 tablets successfully in the past.

1 Like

This suggests it’s not illegal if the seller is based abroad

“It is illegal to buy prescription-only drugs without a prescription or consultation in the UK, whether on or offline. This law currently does not apply to websites based abroad as long as you’re buying for personal use.”

https://www.justanswer.com/uk-law/2c3uo-uk-law-regarding-importing-prescription-medication.html

2 Likes

If it were to be a controlled drug then it would be illegal. However, not all prescription drugs are controlled.