"Three-drug combination therapy for anti-aging"

Can we stay on the subject?

1 Like

Jagdish is rlhealthcare1928@gmail.com

The problem with him is payment. I’m terrible with Wise, so end up wiring the cash from my bank, which costs me a little. That’s why I wait and do a bigger order usually.

2 Likes

Guys - we try to focus on scientific discussions here… at some point I’m going to start deleting really off-topic, foolish commentary and suspend people for a week.

We want positive discussions on the scientific merit of therapies, not ad-hominem arguments.

10 Likes

We do generalize about different nations, cultures, and political systems on these forums. Examples: Chinese scientific studies may be less reliable. Indian pharmaceuticals may have quality issues. I don’t know if either of these statements has merit. I do know that Italians make the most exciting motorcycles, and Greek cooking is awesome.

1 Like

Interestingly doxycycline is available with lactobacillus. There are several Indian brands.

“DOXYCYCLINE+LACTOBACILLUS contains Doxycycline and Lactobacillus. Doxycycline prevents the synthesis of essential proteins which are necessary for the survival of the bacteria, thereby kills the bacteria. Lactobacillus is a microorganism that helps in restoring the balance of good bacteria in the gut, which may have gotten upset due to infections or antibiotic use. Together, DOXYCYCLINE+LACTOBACILLUS helps in treating bacterial infections.”

However, I think I will just keep on eating Greek yogurt every day.

3 Likes

This was posted on this forum on another thread.

“Long-term treatment with sub-antimicrobial dose doxycycline has no antibacterial effect on intestinal flora”

3 Likes

100 mg twice daily of doxycycline is not a subantimicrobial dose.

The post that you link to from the other thread contains a study abstract with the following info:

“Doxycycline is used to treat infective diseases because of its broadspectrum efficacy. High dose administration (100 or 200 mg/day) is often responsible for development of bacterial resistances and endogenous flora alterations, whereas low doses (20–40 mg/day) do not alter bacteria susceptibility to antibiotics and exert anti-inflammatory activities.”

3 Likes

Everyone has cancer. Your body just usually does a great job clearing it out daily. ROS is one of your body’s best weapons to do this. Vitamin C aids in ROS cleanup of bad cells including cancer. I take 1g of time released vitamin C daily.

It’s cheap and I may excrete most of it, but I don’t see much downside here.

5 Likes

I have a colonoscopy this week (Tuesday). I may give this a whirl next week, I have everything on hand from India. Dr Green said to have azithromycin on hand in case of infection caused by rapa. I also take 200mg of doxy on my rapa days anyway. Ironically over the years I have always noticed I feel better and my hair looked fuller during anti-biotic treatments. It wasn’t in my head apparently (pun intended).

2 Likes

“Our gut microbiome describes the microbes and their genetic material found in our gastrointestinal tract. And we know the bacteria in our gut affect everything from our digestion to our mental health.”

"Mental health conditions have been linked closely to an imbalance of microbiota in the gut, leading to disruption of the microbiome (dysbiosis). Several neurotransmitters, such as GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid), serotonin, and glutamate, are produced in the gut, which are associated with anxiety and depressive symptoms. Mental health and the gut have been linked closely, and many mental illnesses have been associated with gut dysbiosis.

Things to consider:

Will taking doxycycline, and/or azithromycin affect our gut biome adversely even if we take pro-biotics?

We have been frequently warned about the overuse of antibiotics causing antibiotic-resistant strains. If a large cohort, namely us, starts using antibiotics long-term will we cause a problem?

I don’t know, I am just asking.

“It is irrefutable that antibiotic use promotes resistance development. However, quantifying the specific contribution of antibiotic use to resistance poses some problems.”

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0924857902003941

3 Likes

All of this talk about anti-aging is undermined by the billions of plastic nanoparticles we all consume each day. If a healthy lifestyle adds 20 years to your life, how many years would that plastic subtract? Scientist are only beginning to investigate the problem, but everyone here knows in their gut that the outcome won’t be good.

I worry about plastic too, but always think of this and have to smile:

The whole thing is good, but he talks about plastic about 5 minutes in.

5 Likes

In my view the “plastic nanoparticles” issue will be larger than the lead issue.

If you have not seen, review a posting from earlier this year.

The same will occur with plastic nanoparticles in the future

1 Like

FWIW

As I have post before in another thread, I make my own yogurt like product.

I take a quart of light cream{which is 18% to 30% milk fat] add/dissolve two scoop of inulin. Then add 1x shot{2.7oz/90ml] of Yakult, which is bacteria strain Lacticaseibacillus casei Shirota. Set at 100°F in a water bath for 24 hours, you have a heavy clustered like yogurt.

This is one item I will be having more of in-between doing the DAV{doxycycline, azithromycin, vitamin C] therapy.

4 Likes

I love yakult! It’s sweet without any sweetener.

Let us know how this goes. I have the doxy 100mg, but have not tried it yet. He didn’t have 50’s and it’s in capsules so kind of hard to split. I don’t know what to do. Really curious how this will work for you.

1 Like

From the study in the first post…

“the concentrations of antibiotics used here represent sub-antimicrobial levels of Doxycycline and Azithromycin, thereby avoiding the potential problems associated with antibiotic resistance.”

6 Likes

Well pardon me for stating an opinion on a forum!
If you have a different opinion that’s fine; there’s no need to be rude or arrogant when dispensing it. OK?

8 Likes

@kansel Please be a little bit more considerate and less dismissive of other people’s opinions that may differ from yours. It’s good to have strong beliefs, but not so good to insult others like @DrT Thanks.

6 Likes

Relax dudes, I was just kidding.

1 Like

Basic CV of Michael LIsanti, MD - one of the authors of the paper

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/michael-lisanti-md-phd-frsa-frsb-frsc-b6b138122

1 Like