Rapamycin: longevity benefits, surge in popularity, unanswered questions, and more

Those are 3 of the 12 hallmarks of aging. I agree they are related to each other and to the other drivers of aging.

1 Like

You can read an AI generated, clickable summary here:

https://www.summarize.tech/www.youtube.com/watch?v=O67pvKxio10

4 Likes

What is Dramamine for? TY

I think she may be thinking of this research: Meclizine / Dramamine II, Approx 15% Lifespan Increase, Another mTORC1 Inhibitor

What’s the dose Attia currently taking? Has he mentioned on IG or anywhere?
Thanks

He has said 6mg/ week - see this thread: Who in the Health and Longevity Field are Taking Rapamycin (part 2)

But - I’m sure it changes over time, like with most of us.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m so confused by the dosing… I never had side effects after many. months at 4g + grapefruit but have not noticed anything positive either. But my brother who has UC and other inflammatory issues breaks out in a horrible rash and has body aches at same dose… Should he try the higher dose as some suggest here? It seems like Rapa should be a good match for him to tamper chronic inflammation and modulate the immune system… looking for any way to help him. TY

That’s exactly what I was thinking of.

1 Like

Your dose of 4mg + GFJ is a high dose, equivalent to 12+ mg/week.
If your brother is already getting bad reactions at that level, I’d definitely ramp it down low (e.g. 1mg/week) or take a break until everythign clears up, then start slow and slowly increase, as we cover in the dosing thread here: What is the Rapamycin Dose / Dosage for Anti-Aging or Longevity?

4 Likes

Sometimes you get side effects at first and they can be mitigated over time as your body acclimates (or builds resistance?) to Rapamycin.

2 Likes

Thank you for this. We did ramp up slowly and he takes long breaks after adverse effects but is reconsidering it again given new info on inflammation effects. We also take 1 whole grapefruit not the juice - is that still equivalent to 12 mg?

1 Like

We are assuming that 1 whole grapefruit take prior to taking the rapamycin is the same as drinking the juice - and I think the measurements from @Agetron and perhaps others of blood / sirolimus levels suggest that yes, they are equivalent. But I have not seen any research studies on this, and it likely varies by type of grapefruit, etc. Perhaps read this thread for more info: Rapamycin and Grapefruit Juice

and What types of grapefruit juice increase Rapamycin levels the most?

1 Like

Hello!!! I’m brand new here and seriously considering starting. I have so many questions, but this one was at the top of my list!!! The brilliant Sabatini knows as much, or more, than anyone on this topic, yet he isn’t motivated to take it,yet. This worries me!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

If you have not already seen/reviewed

Review:

“Rapamycin for longevity: opinion article”

Rapamycin for longevity: opinion article - PMC.

“If you wait until you are ready, it is almost certainly too late.”

~Seth Godin

2 Likes

I hadn’t seen that, so thank you!

If you watch the video above, Dr. Sabitini is waiting for some more data before starting Rapamycin. He’s still quite young, so he probably figures waiting a couple more years won’t hurt. He’s definitely a proponent of Rapamycin.

2 Likes

Thank you DeStrider! I did watch this and so did my doctor. When asking about it after learning Attia was on it a year or two ago, he said it’s too soon. But after watching the video, he gave me his blessing (although he won’t prescribe it :slight_smile: …. I did see he definitely thinks it’s great, but the waiting doesn’t make sense if he has no concerns… so it just made me wonder if he knows something I don’t know. I do get Matt and Peter are on it, so that probably answers that.

Because I’m new, I’m not sure if it’s best to ask my questions about it here, or should I start a new thread?

1 Like

Beth - we are pretty free form here as far as questions and answers go. Feel free to post on this thread…

3 Likes

@RapAdmin Where do you “publish audio”?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Rapamycin Questions from a New User