Rapamycin for Ovarian Ageing

Hello everyone,
I would like to try the Rapamycin after my failed pregnancies. I am 46 and I was naturally first time pregnant at age 44, than at 45. Doctors blame my aged ovaires and bad quality of my eggs for the pregnancy losses. Is there anyone else planing or using this medicine for a cause similar to mine? if so what dose are you taking, for how long? many thanks and best regards to everyone,

7 Likes

Hi @esra welcome to the forums and I apologize for my oversight of your message. We have a long discussion already on ovarian aging that you may find of interest. I recommend you post in that thread as it will notify the other participants of your message and you’re likely to get a good response.

See here: Women Taking Rapamycin for Enhanced Fertility / Menopause Prevention?

Hello sweetie.

I’m here for the same reason.
3 losses in 2 years.
Last was ectopic.

I’m 41.
Have been researching for quite a while. Started actually taking it this month. It was hard to get in my area. Ordered from India.

4 Likes

Hi - welcome to the site. We wish you the best of luck with these efforts. Please report back with any results (positive or negative) over the coming year or two.

1 Like

Glad i found this forum. Would love to hear your experience/protocol. Just posted here: Women Taking Rapamycin for Enhanced Fertility / Menopause Prevention? - #119 by wisedog

Some good reports from one user. Has anyone else any results (positive or negative) to report?

This particular case is a great example of the risk of doing things without a doctor on board. The presumption here is that menopause was reversed? However, without objective laboratory evidence (e.g. estradiol and progesterone going from post-menopausal levels to pre-menopausal levels) and additionally cycling in a typical fashion we have no idea.

The medical approach to this case would typically be (and again, I don’t know all the details) but by definition this is post menopausal bleeding and requires an assessment for making sure the patient doesn’t have endometrial cancer or atypia. So this gets an endometrial biopsy and ultrasound when I have this happen to a patient. I’d also assess the hormones, but the presumption that this is return of ovarian function requires a proper assessment, as someone could have a uterine malignancy and due to the assumptions think the symptoms mean one thing, when actually there is something else ongoing.

Hopefully this individual has received proper assessment, and it would be great if there was return of function, but without proper evaluation to prove this is what has occurred, there are a whole bunch of assumptions without adequate evaluation and certainly some risk.

6 Likes