New users starting up on Rapamycin!

Thanks.
What is your dosing?

Thank you, Admin-that’s what I’m missing! Fully understood now.

My last dose was 3 mg with GFJ + EVOO. I plan to dose every two weeks.
My next dose will be 10 mg without GFJ but with EVOO. I plan to test my rapamycin level the day before my next dose. Unfortunately, there are just too many variables associated with GFJ. I don’t know if I am getting the same dose every time when I combine it with GFJ because I don’t actually know when or where, within Florida, it is sourced from or when it was harvested, or the furanocoumarin it contains. The main reason I was using GFJ was just to extend my supply of rapamycin so that I don’t have to order so often.

3 Likes

I am on my 3rd week at 6mg every Monday. On your knee you might find something by youtube - Dr. Berg Knee

2 Likes

Hi there. I am a 63 female, weighing ftom 102 to 105 lbs. I have been taking rapamycin 4mg every 7 days with resvaratrol on an empty stomach. I started last Dec. I have had no side effects. I think I will go to 5mg weekly. I only took 4mg as I got 2mg size pills, and did not know if they can be split. I got mine from Big Y, and they were costly. Can you provide your source from India Post and about how much they are? Is it safe to pay with a credit card or paypal? Thank you very much for sharing all your knowledge here.

2 Likes

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Just a note - you get about 30% increased bioavailability with rapamycin when you take it with a fatty meal (some people here take it with a shot glass of olive oil, some times a can of sardines). See here: Improve Bioavailability of Rapamycin (2)

Also - Here are details about importing rapamycin from India: Importing Rapamycin to Save Money (pt 2)

Here is our list of online pharmacies that people have had good results with: Buy Rapamycin Online - List of Reliable Pharmacies

4 Likes

Hi Brett, congrats. I some here mention no grapefruit juice. I’ll comment from my own journey. I was taking 20mg every other week, and I took the LEF.org sirolimus test for blood levels 24 hr after taking 20mg ground up in a blender and water. I can’t swallow any pills even these small ones.

ZERO rapa in my blood. Zero! I took maybe 6-8 rapa blood tests, as some reco’ed take the rapa in the morning test in the after noon. Maybe 0.5 (?? units) blood levels. Thats next to zero.

It wasnt till after I read the GF threads that I whipped up my own GFJ plus a boat load of other compounds that act in a similar way to GFJ, like 1g of berberine + 1 gr of quercitin + 20mg or so of peperine, an a few more THEN took 20mg then blood tested <6 hrs later; Finally got a blood level in the 20-30 (??) range. BTW I may have missed Dr Green or any researcher’s suggested blood level of rapa, but I’ve not read what a good anti aging goal should be??

But I do know my initial zero blood level was not going to do my aging any good.

The point of this; your parents may not be getting any benefits if they don’t blood test at least once to verify;

#1 the product you bought actually has rapa in it?? Yes fake rapa is sold.

#2 its being absorbed, the biggest issue for me.

Best of luck, curt

3 Likes

Desert, FWIW only me, I buy pink frozen concentrate GFJ and use 1/4 a can each rapa pre dose by 2 hrs. Plus a boat load of other adjunivents for absorbtion like and including olive oil. I posted on the GF thread / or was it the testing thread. That I ran a lef.org blood test post my mix. I agree re repeatability and consistency in future blood levels.

I was absorbing zero so was happy (enough) when I got 20-30(??) blood levels of rapa post my GFJ + much more.

I’ve not read what target blood levels of rapa we should target?

good luck to all, curt

3 Likes

70 year old female here weighing 125 lbs. I’ve been on rapamycin 1 1/2 years and personally. I have had no problems with 6mg a week. I’ve had ONE single mouth sore which happened on the first dose. Nothing since. Alternating your parents 5 mg to every other week seems unnecessary and might reduce the benefits.

7 Likes

Thank you.

• Have your lipids been in good ranges?
  • Did they increase/decrease pre/post Rapa?

My mom’s lipids are a little high (see blood panel above), so her (Medicine 3.0) Doc is going to watch it.
I think after talking with several others here, my goal has changed a bit, and it’s now to increase their dosage from 4mg/2weeks (mom) and 6mg/2weeks (dad) up higher and higher to their preference. I think a good goal would be to double their numbers (8mg/2weeks, 12mg/2weeks), but only if they want to/feel up to it.
But ramp up very slow, maybe increase 1mg every month. But I still feel good about every 2 weeks intervals with the long half-life of Rapa–erroring on the side of giving the body time without too much mTOR2C inhibition, while creating higher peaks & valleys of “modulation” of mTORC1.

2 Likes

In response to “CreateSomething”…First let me say that I applaud your concern for your parents’ healthspan!

I wanted to give you some feedback on your dog’s dosage by providing a frame of reference. My 6-year old Doberman Jackson has DCM but at a very early stage; therefore, he’s still asymptomatic. Many of us in the Doberman community holter and echo our dogs from the age of 2 years since DCM is so prevalent. Coincidentally, at the same time he was diagnosed via an echo, I found a pre-clinical 6-month study, REPAIR (Rapamycin Treatment in Preclinical Canine Dilated Cardiomyopathy), being conducted at Texas A&M, which BTW is also one of the several universities conducting the TRIAD study. The Rapamycin in this study will work hand in hand with the Pimobendan, Vetmedin, the standard medication prescribed for DCM in dogs. The Pimo helps the heart contract as the left ventricle becomes dilated, but they’re hoping (as in Dr. Green’s case) that the Rapamycin will help keep the heart muscle tissue in good condition, thereby prolonging the dog’s life beyond what Pimo can accomplish by itself.

Thankfully, Jackson met the strict criteria, and since the senior cardiologist conducting the study (Dr. Sonya Gordon) knew me from my previous participation in her 3-1/2 year double-blind study on Pimobendan for DCM back in 2006 or 2007 with Jackson’s great-great grandfather, we were accepted into this 24-dog pre-clinical study. I feel extreme lucky since a pre-clinical study allows all the participants to receive the study drug, and they will continue to receive it for the rest of their lives. So, I’m thrilled to say the least.

Jackson’s about to complete his 3rd month of weekly 9.6mg (4 –2.4mg tablets Rapamycin) and is doing wonderfully. That dose was based on his initial weight of 86 pounds. The only side effect has been a weight loss of 4 pounds. As cardiologists, they like the lighter weight, but as a conformation dog show person, I know that weight loss consists of muscle mass because 86 pounds is his ideal show weight. I can see he has lost muscle mass in his thighs and upper arms which, as I’m sure you know, is one of the side effects. IMHO, if your Golden-Doodle is in the 60-pound range, 6mg should be safe for her if you use the 0.11mg/pound that A&M appears to be using for Jackson.

I don’t know the TRIAD dosing schedule at all but can certainly ask when I take Jackson back for his 3rd monthly checkup on May 16.

That’s how I became interested in Rapamycin for myself. I’m close in age to your mother…I’ll be 70 in August. I also ordered from India but decided on Rapacan by Biomed. Yesterday was my 4th dose of 5mg which I’ve decided to take on a weekly basis, every Wednesday. Jackson’s study requires that he take the study dose on the same day and as close to the same time weekly, so I’m doing the same. I did not ease into the 5mg dose but have had no adverse effects whatsoever. At some point I may change my dosing pattern, but for now I’m going to follow in my dogs footsteps. :paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints:

4 Likes

Just an FYI since I just placed two orders of Rapacan 1mg by Biomed from two different India distributors whom I’ve used several times this past year. These prices were as of yesterday, April 28, 2023. Both shipments have expiration dates of 11/24 verified by photos sent. I expect delivery to take anywhere from 14-30 days.

Lifebelt Sales: 150 tablets (15 strips) of Rapacan 1 mg
Including all taxes and shipping to USA by Indian air post is $135.9

sales@lifebeltcorporation.com

Safe Overseas: 150 tablets (15 strips) Rapacan 1mg
$0.65/tablet = $97.50 plus shipping of approximately $35.00

safeoverseas22@gmail.com

2 Likes

May ask how you paid?

1 Like

With both of these distributors, I’m able to use Wise which allows you to pay by debit card, credit card, or direct bank transfer (no way, not for me). I use my debit card after authorizing the out of country money transfer with my credit union. In the past, I’ve attempted to pay with my Visa credit card, but they immediately declined payment to India. Western Union does the same thing.

Additionally, using my debit card allows almost instantaneous receipt of funds by the distributor at which time you’ll receive a Wise transmittal receipt. I then forward the transmittal receipt to the distributor to let them know the funds were successfully transferred. Then they usually begin the shipment process within 24 hours. These two distributors have always sent me photos of the package label and the product before shipment and followup the next day with the tracking number so I can follow the shipment.

Wise is very easy to set up, but you have to be careful to choose your money transfer using USD but change the recipient’s payment to INR (Rupee). I always round up a few dollars to account for the fees.

It might be of interest to some on this thread to know that you can also order your Azithromycin as well. I also order Cephalexin and Metronidazole to have on hand for my dog.

2 Likes

dad: long 2-3 hour sessions at the gym 3-4 times a week.

I’m curious what he does for that long at the gym 3-4 times a week at his age. Impressive to be doing anything, of course. But keeping up the exercise might be at least as important (if not more) for his longevity than rapa.

At 73, he’s starting to really feel it, and he is afraid he may have to give up golf this summer

I’m 59 and have been using rapa for about 9 months (6mg once a week). I haven’t noticed any effect on my capability to exercise. I go to the gym 5x a week and do barbell work (squat, bench, dead). I’ve been doing that for many years and I’d definitely notice if there were any change, positive or negative, in my ability to lift. Possibly older users have a different experience. However, I’m not sure if you should expect rapa to improve or sustain your dad’s ability to play golf. Be sure to report back if it does, though!

2 Likes

My pops was unique through middle life—through my childhood his lunchbox was crammed with vegetables—broccoli & cauliflower were his goto. Raw, boring, abundant vegetables. Always ate oatmeal with blueberries every morning. Man of habits. He has never been overweight. How many people can stomach downing a pound of vegetables, uncooked, raw, for 30 years at lunch? However, he also drinks 2-10 Coors Light a week for most of his life. And smoked for 20 years, and has been on nicotine gum for the past 20 years.

So to specifically answer your question, his social life isn’t exactly bursting at the seams. So, his ‘job’ now (at 9 years in retirement) is to just exercise a few times a week.

• Goes on the elliptical for 50 minutes, now targeting Zone 2 bpm (after reading Outlive)
  • Will go through several machines for weight lifting (after reading Outlive, he does a lot more weight training)
  • Then he goes in the sauna/steam room for 20 minutes or so
  • Then he mosely takes a shower, shaves…
  • Then goes plays pickleball at the gym for an hour

Summary of his life now: Golf, Exercise at gym, Pickleball, support his wife (my mom) in babysitting the 8 grandkids [bless their souls].

In other news, he stopped by this week and we input his 33 parameters into the Aging.ai calculator. The only 2 parameters of the 33 we didn’t have was Iron and something “Lactose…” I can’t remember. So, we asked ChatGPT average scores for a 73 year old man for those 2 parameters and went with it…

It returned an age of 43 years old. He was all smiles. However, his Kidney/Liver functions were the only lower’ish ones: makes sense with all the Coors Lights over the years.

So, how the hell can he be 43 years young regarding 31/33 blood parameters?

• We screwed something up. There was a LOT of converting Units of Measurement. We used ChatGPT-4 to do all the converting. Wow, we would’ve been stuck in the dark 6 months ago before I started using ChatGPT on a daily basis. These conversions were all across the board–divide by 18, divide by 30, divide by 66–being a non-medical background, the conversions seemed very sporadic. Not my typical Imperial-to-Metric conversion I’m accustomed to in the Engineering world.
  • These ‘absolute age’ are B.S. with these age calculators
  • My dad is legitimately healthy A.F.

If anything, the Placebo effect of my dad seeing “43 years young” at 73 years old, should have an amazing impact on his overall energy, chronic pain, & healthspan! hah

4 Likes

In other news - our Zydus Sirolimus was delivered a few days ago. I know, I started this thread for only my parents, but after reading an embarrassingly high amount on this forum regarding Rapamycin, I can’t help but give it a try at 37 years old.

At my daughter’s fastpitch game yesterday, Saturday, in the sunshine (finally!), I decided to take 1mg and gave 1mg to my dog while at the game, around 11AM.
Usually, drugs impact me more than most people–I take half as much, and ‘feel’ it. Also, the placebo effect is definitely strong w/me.
Knowing that - I was much, much more talkative for the next 10 hours. Went to a birthday party, went on a run with a friend, went to friend’s house for dinner… It was like I wasn’t even myself, just, very happy, hyper, talkative, more center-of-attention playing with all the kids, more inclined to start conversations with new people. Rapa did something, or strong placebo.

Last night, I passed out at normal time, around 11PM, but was up through the night. It felt like a very, very poor sleep. I’m a little ‘out of it’ - like brain fog - this morning as I’m having my daily morning cup of joe.

Dog:
No big difference yet with the 7.5 year old golden doodle good boi.

My parents are planning to start this Monday, May 1st. Seemed like a great starting point. They’ll take it on Mondays, as I said before, ramping up 1mg/week until my mom is at 3-4mg every 2 weeks, and my dad at 4-6mg every 2 weeks.

Overall for my experience - very anecdotal, subjective, and strongly placebo just due to excitement around finally taking my first Rapa. But so far I loved my 1mg of Rapa, even if the sleep last night was off. Next Saturday I’ll take it earlier, instead of 11AM, shoot for 7-8AM.

I’m going to increase 1mg a week, to around 4mg, then dose every 2 weeks, similar to my parents. And I’ll try taking it every Saturday morning just in case it impacts my sleep the first night, so I can (hopefully) be well rested by Monday morning work. Plus - with Saturday being the biggest ‘social days’ - why not enjoy Saturday’s high social times instead of (sometimes, depending on mood) dreading it?

After reading a post on this forum, I called my parents and prepared them that they don’t have to be religious about the dosing if they’re feeling sick, since Rapa reduces the immune response. So, only take your 2week dose if you feel perfectly healthy

I’m also going to get into my Dr. office and get my blood taken for once–I don’t think I’ve ever done a full blood panel ever in my life.

5 Likes

And another Rapamycin enthusiast has been born.

Welcome to the pack.

3 Likes

I’ve started a different dosing route for my Rapamycin and would love to get some blood level data.
But I live in the UK and it’s difficult to find anyone to measure it, most companies deal via NHS only.
I’m considering measuring my own levels using a sirolimus ELISA kit has anyone tried anything similar ?
Only had a preliminary look-see but I’ve seen one with a 4ng/ml sensitivity.
P.S I have had some experience in the past using insulin ELISA kits at work.

People have successfully used DocTap in London for their Blood/Sirolimus testing. See discussion here: How to get a Rapamycin (sirolimus) Blood Level Test - #83 by Sylwia_CC