New users starting up on Rapamycin!

The main thing is that it doesn’t go down that far in a week. Two weeks is indeed about 1.5%.

Obviously the half life is likely to be different for different people and it may not have a smooth exponential decay.

1 Like

Thanks Admin.

Parents are both talking with their doctor to get:

1. Full Lipid Panel
  2. Showing the Aging.AI 3.0 - 19-parameter list, in hopes their Dr’s will add whatever additional tests to ensure all 19 parameters are measured.

We’ll see what their docs say.

2 Likes

You are correct.

The half-life of rapamycin depends on many variables. The quote of 60hrs is probably not that helpful. The only way to determine the half-life of rapamycin in any one individual is to make enough measurements to determine the half-life in that person.

The half-life of rapamycin is not 60 hrs but may vary

“rapamycin; low oral bioavailability (tablet: 14%, solution: 18%) and a long half-life (46–78 h)”

"Half-life (t 1/2) is the oldest but least well understood pharmacokinetic parameter, because most definitions are related to hypothetical 1-compartment body models that don’t describe most drugs in humans. Alternatively, terminal half-life (t 1/2,z) is utilized as the single defining t 1/2 for most drugs. However**, accumulation at steady state may be markedly over predicted utilizing t 1/2, z. An apparent multiple dosing half-life (t 1/2, app) was determined from peak and trough steady-state ratios and found to be significantly less than reported terminal t 1/2s for eight orally dosed drugs with t 1/2,z values longer than one day."

https://www.karger.com/Article/Pdf/528985#:~:text=Rapamycin’s%20analogs%20such%20as%20everolimus,)%20%5B11%E2%80%9313%5D.

3 Likes

I was hoping you would jump in. You remind me of a great, intelligent Electrical Engineer mentor I had for 12 years (30 yrs my senior)–who didn’t suffer fools very well! :wink: Something about them uber smart, logic-based/physics-minded EE’s. Great to have you detail-oriented smarty pants sprinkled throughout my life.

Understood. As I said, the graph was me trying to explain the trend line, to reply with an answer exactly why I left a 2-week space between the last ‘ramp-up’ 4mg, to the first 5mg dose. To me, this seems like the best way I could think of to get to 5mg as fast as possible, a happy-medium between speed & safety of ramping up–without immune-system-compromising side effects. If you have a better suggestion, I’m all ears.

The half-life of rapamycin is not 60 hrs but may vary

Sure, but with a range of about 45-75hrs, seems like the nominal number to use for calculations is 60 hrs.

“rapamycin; low oral bioavailability (tablet: 14%, solution: 18%) and a long half-life (46–78 h)”

Super interesting about the 14% tablet and 18% solution oral bioavailability.

"Half-life (t 1/2) is the oldest but least well understood pharmacokinetic parameter, because…

Also interesting about half-life not being an ideal exponential curve every time. But, I suppose, it’s the best we have/easiest way to communicate what typically goes on?
It kind of reminds me of Emissivity–a number between 0 and 1, regarding how susceptible a surface is to emitting (thus also absorbing) or reflecting infrared heat. I thought I fully understood it, created experiments where it would more-or-less show the results I suspected. But then I learned, oh wait, in the real-world, it’s not as simple as a single number between a ‘black body (value=1)’ and a ‘white body’ (value=0). Oh no not that easy–an object has varying emissivity values at each frequency (gray bodies aren’t always as simple as I thought), then to further complicate things, emissivity values change over the surface of an object (think stainless steel, with or without stains, with or without heat markings, with or without oxidation, etc). However, an emissivity table with values between 0-1 is still a simple, easily-understood way to get “90% of the way there, 90% of the time”…
White, gray, and black bodies are “idealized objects.” Similar to half-life.

1 Like

Thanks.
I think you are on the right track to determining the proper dosage for your parents. After taking rapamycin for over a year I am still searching for the ideal dosing regimen. I don’t think your parents are likely to experience any adverse side effects at the dosages you are proposing. The most likely side effects that they might experience are a minor sleep problem on the day of the dose and tiredness for the following day or two. I take rapamycin early in the day to avoid sleep disruption.

I just started again after a hiatus from rapamycin and have been reminded once again of the negative side effects I experience from too large a dose, namely; Mild diarrhea the second day, physical fatigue for three days, and feeling cold for two days.

Because I started late in life I am trying to take the maximum doses possible without too much in the way of unpleasant side effects and not compromising my immune system.

Since I have not experienced any adverse effects on my immune system I am assuming the trough levels are reached sooner than the predicted 60-hour half-live would suggest. I have never experienced any of the cold sores, acne, etc. that many here have reported.
Some of my personal benefits from taking rapamycin for over a year are zero health problems, I am never sick, and I am exposed to the general public nearly every day. I am virtually pain-free and I am able to get a good solid sleep time of 7-8 hrs a night.
I really do expect the rapamycin will result in a better quality of life for your parents.

5 Likes

Just to add to this, I think its important to consider the large variability in terms of an individual’s response to rapamycin (in terms of Cmax, and AUC). As others have mentioned, you have no idea how your body is responding to rapamycin (in terms of it getting into the bloodstream) unless you test.

In the dosing test paper here: What is the Rapamycin Dose / Dosage for Anti-Aging or Longevity?

It showed just how large the variability is… something good to keep in mind. Your blood levels of rapamycin may easily vary from another person’s by 2 or 3X - everyone responds differently in terms of how they absorb rapamycin:

2 Likes

Thanks.
What is your dosing?

Thank you, Admin-that’s what I’m missing! Fully understood now.

My last dose was 3 mg with GFJ + EVOO. I plan to dose every two weeks.
My next dose will be 10 mg without GFJ but with EVOO. I plan to test my rapamycin level the day before my next dose. Unfortunately, there are just too many variables associated with GFJ. I don’t know if I am getting the same dose every time when I combine it with GFJ because I don’t actually know when or where, within Florida, it is sourced from or when it was harvested, or the furanocoumarin it contains. The main reason I was using GFJ was just to extend my supply of rapamycin so that I don’t have to order so often.

3 Likes

I am on my 3rd week at 6mg every Monday. On your knee you might find something by youtube - Dr. Berg Knee

2 Likes

Hi there. I am a 63 female, weighing ftom 102 to 105 lbs. I have been taking rapamycin 4mg every 7 days with resvaratrol on an empty stomach. I started last Dec. I have had no side effects. I think I will go to 5mg weekly. I only took 4mg as I got 2mg size pills, and did not know if they can be split. I got mine from Big Y, and they were costly. Can you provide your source from India Post and about how much they are? Is it safe to pay with a credit card or paypal? Thank you very much for sharing all your knowledge here.

2 Likes

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Just a note - you get about 30% increased bioavailability with rapamycin when you take it with a fatty meal (some people here take it with a shot glass of olive oil, some times a can of sardines). See here: Improve Bioavailability of Rapamycin (2)

Also - Here are details about importing rapamycin from India: Importing Rapamycin to Save Money (pt 2)

Here is our list of online pharmacies that people have had good results with: Buy Rapamycin Online - List of Reliable Pharmacies

4 Likes

Hi Brett, congrats. I some here mention no grapefruit juice. I’ll comment from my own journey. I was taking 20mg every other week, and I took the LEF.org sirolimus test for blood levels 24 hr after taking 20mg ground up in a blender and water. I can’t swallow any pills even these small ones.

ZERO rapa in my blood. Zero! I took maybe 6-8 rapa blood tests, as some reco’ed take the rapa in the morning test in the after noon. Maybe 0.5 (?? units) blood levels. Thats next to zero.

It wasnt till after I read the GF threads that I whipped up my own GFJ plus a boat load of other compounds that act in a similar way to GFJ, like 1g of berberine + 1 gr of quercitin + 20mg or so of peperine, an a few more THEN took 20mg then blood tested <6 hrs later; Finally got a blood level in the 20-30 (??) range. BTW I may have missed Dr Green or any researcher’s suggested blood level of rapa, but I’ve not read what a good anti aging goal should be??

But I do know my initial zero blood level was not going to do my aging any good.

The point of this; your parents may not be getting any benefits if they don’t blood test at least once to verify;

#1 the product you bought actually has rapa in it?? Yes fake rapa is sold.

#2 its being absorbed, the biggest issue for me.

Best of luck, curt

3 Likes

Desert, FWIW only me, I buy pink frozen concentrate GFJ and use 1/4 a can each rapa pre dose by 2 hrs. Plus a boat load of other adjunivents for absorbtion like and including olive oil. I posted on the GF thread / or was it the testing thread. That I ran a lef.org blood test post my mix. I agree re repeatability and consistency in future blood levels.

I was absorbing zero so was happy (enough) when I got 20-30(??) blood levels of rapa post my GFJ + much more.

I’ve not read what target blood levels of rapa we should target?

good luck to all, curt

3 Likes

70 year old female here weighing 125 lbs. I’ve been on rapamycin 1 1/2 years and personally. I have had no problems with 6mg a week. I’ve had ONE single mouth sore which happened on the first dose. Nothing since. Alternating your parents 5 mg to every other week seems unnecessary and might reduce the benefits.

7 Likes

Thank you.

• Have your lipids been in good ranges?
  • Did they increase/decrease pre/post Rapa?

My mom’s lipids are a little high (see blood panel above), so her (Medicine 3.0) Doc is going to watch it.
I think after talking with several others here, my goal has changed a bit, and it’s now to increase their dosage from 4mg/2weeks (mom) and 6mg/2weeks (dad) up higher and higher to their preference. I think a good goal would be to double their numbers (8mg/2weeks, 12mg/2weeks), but only if they want to/feel up to it.
But ramp up very slow, maybe increase 1mg every month. But I still feel good about every 2 weeks intervals with the long half-life of Rapa–erroring on the side of giving the body time without too much mTOR2C inhibition, while creating higher peaks & valleys of “modulation” of mTORC1.

2 Likes

In response to “CreateSomething”…First let me say that I applaud your concern for your parents’ healthspan!

I wanted to give you some feedback on your dog’s dosage by providing a frame of reference. My 6-year old Doberman Jackson has DCM but at a very early stage; therefore, he’s still asymptomatic. Many of us in the Doberman community holter and echo our dogs from the age of 2 years since DCM is so prevalent. Coincidentally, at the same time he was diagnosed via an echo, I found a pre-clinical 6-month study, REPAIR (Rapamycin Treatment in Preclinical Canine Dilated Cardiomyopathy), being conducted at Texas A&M, which BTW is also one of the several universities conducting the TRIAD study. The Rapamycin in this study will work hand in hand with the Pimobendan, Vetmedin, the standard medication prescribed for DCM in dogs. The Pimo helps the heart contract as the left ventricle becomes dilated, but they’re hoping (as in Dr. Green’s case) that the Rapamycin will help keep the heart muscle tissue in good condition, thereby prolonging the dog’s life beyond what Pimo can accomplish by itself.

Thankfully, Jackson met the strict criteria, and since the senior cardiologist conducting the study (Dr. Sonya Gordon) knew me from my previous participation in her 3-1/2 year double-blind study on Pimobendan for DCM back in 2006 or 2007 with Jackson’s great-great grandfather, we were accepted into this 24-dog pre-clinical study. I feel extreme lucky since a pre-clinical study allows all the participants to receive the study drug, and they will continue to receive it for the rest of their lives. So, I’m thrilled to say the least.

Jackson’s about to complete his 3rd month of weekly 9.6mg (4 –2.4mg tablets Rapamycin) and is doing wonderfully. That dose was based on his initial weight of 86 pounds. The only side effect has been a weight loss of 4 pounds. As cardiologists, they like the lighter weight, but as a conformation dog show person, I know that weight loss consists of muscle mass because 86 pounds is his ideal show weight. I can see he has lost muscle mass in his thighs and upper arms which, as I’m sure you know, is one of the side effects. IMHO, if your Golden-Doodle is in the 60-pound range, 6mg should be safe for her if you use the 0.11mg/pound that A&M appears to be using for Jackson.

I don’t know the TRIAD dosing schedule at all but can certainly ask when I take Jackson back for his 3rd monthly checkup on May 16.

That’s how I became interested in Rapamycin for myself. I’m close in age to your mother…I’ll be 70 in August. I also ordered from India but decided on Rapacan by Biomed. Yesterday was my 4th dose of 5mg which I’ve decided to take on a weekly basis, every Wednesday. Jackson’s study requires that he take the study dose on the same day and as close to the same time weekly, so I’m doing the same. I did not ease into the 5mg dose but have had no adverse effects whatsoever. At some point I may change my dosing pattern, but for now I’m going to follow in my dogs footsteps. :paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints:

4 Likes

Just an FYI since I just placed two orders of Rapacan 1mg by Biomed from two different India distributors whom I’ve used several times this past year. These prices were as of yesterday, April 28, 2023. Both shipments have expiration dates of 11/24 verified by photos sent. I expect delivery to take anywhere from 14-30 days.

Lifebelt Sales: 150 tablets (15 strips) of Rapacan 1 mg
Including all taxes and shipping to USA by Indian air post is $135.9

sales@lifebeltcorporation.com

Safe Overseas: 150 tablets (15 strips) Rapacan 1mg
$0.65/tablet = $97.50 plus shipping of approximately $35.00

safeoverseas22@gmail.com

2 Likes

May ask how you paid?

1 Like

With both of these distributors, I’m able to use Wise which allows you to pay by debit card, credit card, or direct bank transfer (no way, not for me). I use my debit card after authorizing the out of country money transfer with my credit union. In the past, I’ve attempted to pay with my Visa credit card, but they immediately declined payment to India. Western Union does the same thing.

Additionally, using my debit card allows almost instantaneous receipt of funds by the distributor at which time you’ll receive a Wise transmittal receipt. I then forward the transmittal receipt to the distributor to let them know the funds were successfully transferred. Then they usually begin the shipment process within 24 hours. These two distributors have always sent me photos of the package label and the product before shipment and followup the next day with the tracking number so I can follow the shipment.

Wise is very easy to set up, but you have to be careful to choose your money transfer using USD but change the recipient’s payment to INR (Rupee). I always round up a few dollars to account for the fees.

It might be of interest to some on this thread to know that you can also order your Azithromycin as well. I also order Cephalexin and Metronidazole to have on hand for my dog.

2 Likes