Importing Rapamycin to Save Money (2)

I don’t know about the coating, sorry.

I used the information on this forum to contact a reseller in India and I tried a couple of them.

Cheers

Yes - Biocon rapacan is fine for bioavailability. It has some sort of coating on it.

1 Like

FYI - the seller resent it after I got the customs letter, and the second batch came through just fine.

4 Likes

Just noting a successful buying experience from Kachhela on a LARGE order. 540 x 1mg of Zydus Siromus and 1000 x 50mg of acarbose. Good price and took about 3 weeks to arrive. Very pleased.

6 Likes

Hi!

I’ve ordered rapamycin for my mom from healthspan and paid 576$ for a 6 months supply (4 mg per week, so it’s 6$ per mg). They order it from Dr. Reddy’s pharmacy (and I think it’s manufactured in India but they didn’t confirm it). Now I feel like the price is not justified and I want to switch to a cheaper version.
I want to order more rapamycin for my mom and myself.
I have Revolut and I’m recovering my Wise account.
Is there a fool-proof guide for doing it? Maybe someone will be willing to share the information.

1 Like

See this thread: Buy Rapamycin Online - List of Reliable Pharmacies

2 Likes

I am working on my first order from RL Pharma. Jagdish is pretty responsive to my many email questions. after going to my bank and not getting a warm fuzzy that they know how to correctly do a wire to India, I am setting up a wise.com account. It seems that if you pay in INR the fees are less than if you pay in USD due to USD needing a SWIFT transfer. any feedback?

1 Like

I’m not sure how your bank and / Wise.com work, but in my case I also saw that for some reason paying in INR (Rupees) some of the transaction fees were lower than payment in US$. But then in my case (Wells Fargo) they made up for it in other ways, so there actually was not any difference between the two.

All I’m saying is do your research on Wise and your actual payment mechanism (Credit card, etc.) to see how it calculates out. It may not be the way you think it is.

2 Likes

I recommend Wise. There is a bit of a learning curve but once you know how, it is easy.
Transfers via Wise are 1-3 days faster than an ACH transfer from my experience.
Just answer the Wise questions truthfully. I you are buying medicines, say so.

1 Like

wise themselves said that a “standard” (not swift) transaction has the lowest fees. swift is used to pay in USD. standard sends INR

1 Like

Wise is pretty easy. Make sure you add in the fee that’s charged or Jagdish will be shorted. Fee for my stuff was under $2. Just received an order, live in Scottsdale and took 12 days. Wise will convert to INR.

2 Likes

yes, I was working on trying to figure out how to add that in on wise so he wouldn’t get shorted. They don’t make it easy to do so, at least as far as i can see. you put in how much you want to pay (say the cost is $230 for the order) but then they take fees from that amount which would leave him shorted…I’m still waiting for wise to verify/approve my identity. the 1st 2 attempts they rejected. ( on the 1st one I had part of the date covered by my finger due to holding it and the 2nd the ID date had expired)

what do you put on the “forms” on wise if they ask what it’s for? medicine?

Add the fees on the 230. Sometimes I round it out. Just make sure the total amount they’ll convert totals the 230. And yes put medicine.

1 Like

I am reading that some say yes, some say no to that. which makes it hard to decide what to put. the one’ s saying no; say that the request for money to be sent will be rejected…?

I read a lot of good things about him (and Anil) but I don’t see how they have any control over whether customs will inspect/seize the shipment or not. Is there a somewhat safe amount that customs feels is for personal use/ i.e. not more than 200/300/400 tablets etc and won’t seize? I’m getting ready to order my 1st rapacon (300 tabs) and am worried about it being seized and then losing that money I paid.

1 Like

I would suggest it’s better to order 100 than 300 this first time.

Likely everybody has anxiety about their first order. Get through the process successfully once, and the anxiety is hopefully a bit reduced. If something does go awry, at least you’re out much less $.

I don’t recall ever seeing ‘medicines’ as an option on Wise. I always specify something like ‘payment for good before receipt’.

6 Likes

What does everyone think on Rapamune that has slightly expired in terms of its potency?

I purchased 2 boxes (100 tabs each) of Rapamune 1mg a year ago. I finished one box and started the second one, but the expiration date was October 2023. I just continued taking it passed the date because I’m not too worried about the Pfizer Rapamune. I think it still worked if it expired for a bit, yet, how would I know if I didn’t measure via the sirolimus blood sample?

If anyone has access to that bloodwork and tried measuring it after a dose of expired Rapamune, what were the results?

IMO, the “real” expiration of most medicines is quite longer than written besides for sterile solutions and compounded drugs which actually do expire at the date written.

2 Likes

I have no concerns about recently expired sirolimus… but haven’t done any testing to validate efficacy.

Most of what is known about drug expiration dates comes from a study conducted by the Food and Drug Administration at the request of the military. With a large and expensive stockpile of drugs, the military faced tossing out and replacing its drugs every few years. What they found from the study is 90% of more than 100 drugs, both prescription and over-the-counter, were perfectly good to use even 15 years after the expiration date.

So, the expiration date doesn’t really indicate a point at which the medication is no longer effective or has become unsafe to use. Medical authorities state if expired medicine is safe to take, even those that expired years ago. A rare exception to this may be tetracycline, but the report on this is controversial among researchers. It’s true the effectiveness of a drug may decrease over time, but much of the original potency still remains even a decade after the expiration date. Excluding nitroglycerin, insulin, and liquid antibiotics, most medications are as long-lasting as the ones tested by the military. Placing a medication in a cool place, such as a refrigerator, will help a drug remain potent for many years.

5 Likes

Just got my first order of Rapacan (Biocon) from India. It took 12 days to get here (Philadelphia, PA). I ordered 100 pills.
Super excited

2 Likes

Who was your supplier, shipper and method of payment? Very helpful to know all these things. TIA