Importing Rapamycin to Save Money (2)

Looks like March is 13 days! Better get those orders in before March!

Maybe I need to work in India… :wink:

I’ve sat for many hours in government offices in India (long story), the level of English Bureaucracy they’ve also inherited in their government is also astounding.

6 Likes

@sudiki I’ve ordered five times from india (first Jagdish Nikose, then I switched to Apple). Package has come every time. It’s taken between 20 and 41 days to arrive to west coast USA.

I used to worry. Now I don’t. You are in good company. :smiley:

Understand that the folks we buy from there know that we report back. They want us happy.

Whether it gets through your customs is another matter. But you can only do so much.

5 Likes

Would love some insight on your move from Jagdish to Apple. I just placed my first order with Jagdish :fearful:

You didn’t say why you switched to Apple.
I have been ordering from Jagdish Nikose for over two years with zero problems.
Delivery to the Far West USA has never taken longer than 30 days, most of my orders arrive in less than eighteen days and I have never had a problem with customs.
What problems did you have with Jagdish? I use other vendors sometimes for products that Jagdish does not supply.

4 Likes

@Kelsey asked a similar question.

I want to be clear that this is just my experience. Many folks like Jagdish, and I don’t want to jeopardize any relationships. If it’s working for you, that’s what matters, and you can skip the rest of this post.

To reassure you, I had multiple successful shipments from Jagdish. Delivery was fine. He (I assume) was fast to reply to email.

However, I was repeatedly frustrated trying to get information from him to complete payment. When I was just starting and asked for other payment options, I got an info dump that wasn’t helpful. When I asked for address and bank numbers, it came to me as images, so I had to type the numbers myself, introducing possible errors, making the process more stressful. There were other issues, all communication-based.

So when I saw a post from someone who was happy with the Apple vendor, I reached out, and found him (I assume) responsive, clear, fast, and without these issues.

The delivery quality has been about the same–very good (yes, Jagdish’s deliveries have scent to them, but that doesn’t matter to me.) Both sent me proof of shipment. But I find the engagement with Apple more to my liking and paid similar. (Or less when I found a lower price and Apple was willing to match; for all I know J would have done the same.) But the $$ difference is small; I’d be happy to pay a few bucks more for a smoother interaction.

The only minor oddity was that last order, he wanted me to order more quantity. I had asked for 200, he urged me to order 400 or 500. I declined, pointing out that I didn’t want to order more than i might lose in customs. He accepted my answer. (Though I might order more next time, if he’s willing to guarantee the delivery.)

Does this answer?

7 Likes

My latest order with Jagdish has been stuck in customs for 30 days. No word from US Customs about anything. Fingers crossed.

4 Likes

Hi @Stoic, that’s a really good price for acarbose do you mind asking who your supplier is ?

1 Like

Was it U.S. or India customs? I had a couple of shipments delayed in India because of a supposed holiday. I have never had any problems with U.S. customs (fingers crossed)
Are you ordering large quantities? My packages are generally around 4x6x8", but occasionally I have received larger packages but nothing bigger than~ 6x8x10".

5 Likes

US Customs is where it’s been stuck for 30 days. It was a bit bigger than the previous orders. After asking for 300 ea of 2 items, I asked Jagdish if he was worried about the package size getting held. He said to reduce the order size to 200x2 to remove risk.

7 Likes

Thank you, sol. Very helpful. This also answered my question about ordering strategy to manage risk of orders being held up as reported by many of you. Much appreciated :pray:

3 Likes

300 tablets/pills, 300 stripes?

1 Like

200 X 2 Tablets………….(edited to show correct amount)

3 Likes

I was ordering for my pet, so I ordered small quantities from 4 different suppliers, figuring that one would get through. They all did, even though one went by DHL, and it looked like they actually opened it up and rifled through the box. They did not insist on a prescription, and sent it right through. It only took a week to get to the west coast.
If you order small quantities from several pharmacies, you pay a fortune in shipping though, as each supplier charges about $40.00.

4 Likes

I’ve done something similar when I was first starting… ordered a bunch of $100 orders from different vendors. They all came through, even the ones opened (and labeled as such) through customs.

4 Likes

My first order to the USA (my parents) was 300 tablets and it all went through. I’m trying it again with 400 tablets to see if it gets through again. I think 400 is the magic number? Anyone had problems with higher?

3 Likes

Yesterday I had an order go into US Customs per USPS status, but it hasn’t come out.

In prior months, my packages went in and out in minutes.

Would be helpful if someone could report a package clearing customs in the near future. Might want to hold any prospective order until it’s clear the bottleneck has cleared.

2 Likes

I never had it clear in minutes, but I’ve had it clear customs anywhere from 24hours to 5 days. Wouldn’t worry until 3-5 days have passed.

2 Likes

I had an order that appeared to be in Customs for a long time. About five days later it was in Los Angeles and then to Scottsdale AZ the next morning, and I received it that day.

1 Like

Package just left US Customs.