How to import Rapamycin into the EU Countries? Your Experiences Please

I tried and it seems it’s impossibe to import to EU. As soon customs see drug Rapamycin on the label box it does not go through. Maybe if the drug is labels as some generic supplements in the billing paper but this could be seen as fraud.

Is there anyone who could send me private from home Rapamycin with standard shipping?

Where do you live and what quantities have you tried to purchase?

I live in Slovenia, EU. I purchased Rapamune from Pfizer, from Antiage.store I think they are from Hong Kong. I lost 500 € because of that.

David - you might try contacting the different online pharmacies on our list that ship all over the world and ask them a few questions… like "what has been your success record in terms of shipping to Slovenia (or other close EU country), and also ask how they label the shipment on the Customs form… some of the vendors likely have more experience than others in this. Also - some guarantee successful delivery (at least to the US, not sure about other countries).

Also - review this overview on importing rapamycin - perhaps there is some information in there that can help you too.

1 Like

There is no legal way to import rapamycin into EU.
It may be that some countries within the EU do not control their post as heavy as others do but its still ilegal in all EU contries.
We as EU dont have an agreement for trading drugs such as rapa with non EU countries.
I tried to import rapa officialy decleared from india. The costums just ate it.
I cant even import it as a supplement or med company.

problem is: you can only import substances into EU which are compliant to all EU regulations incl sales permission etc

People on the forum have reported success with these two approaches for getting rapamycin in Europe/EU countries:

You can either use the EUdoc App: Rapamycin Prescription, Doctors that Prescribe It

Or you can order from the Bulgaria-based BGpharma: No Prescription Needed for Rapamycin Purchase in Turkey - #12 by RapAdmin

4 Likes

Thanks, but BGpharma offers 4,50€ per pill and I can buy it legally for 4,59€ per pill from pharamacies in the netherlands (like efarma.nl). Last time I bought it in my pharamacy next door. Its not that I need a prescription, its just that I am in search of a lower price. Any ideas?

Generic versions of rapamycin/sirolomus are not available in the EU?

If you are willing to travel, maybe choose a destination where rapamycin is cheaper and fill your prescription there. Spain, Slovenia, Croatia, Bulgaria… Rapamune comes around 3,3-3,5 EUR per pill.

Unfortunately not, EMA (european medicines agency) did not approve any sirolimus pill other than rapamune.

Did you manage to get rapamycin?
The easiest way is to get EUdoctor prescription and buy it from pharmacy locally…

Traveling ~1000KM to lower the price I pay from 4,59 to 3,30€ seems not feasable. But thanks for the idea! Do you know a pharmacy there who ships to germany?

I meant that if you travel for pleasure that you plan and choose holiday destination according to rapamycin prices :sweat_smile: :innocent:

I don’t think it is allowed to ship medicines in any of this countries I mentioned. As far as I know Germany and Netherlands are the only EU country that ship prescription medicines.

thanks! thats really helpful!
btw I was in croatia ones (a long time ago). Very nice there. Unfortunatly I dont travel much.

France has a good price too, 112 EUR for 30 pills… Maybe it is closer.

But if you don’t travel, maybe you know someone that could fill the prescription for you on his/her holidays…

Your health insurance doesn’t cover rapamycin for you?

Do they cover it for you? Where are you from? Here the insurance covers it only for renal transplant patients and upon special applications for some autoimmune diseases. Off label is at doctors discretion but it means that insurance does not cover or it has to go through application process which is for some medicines routine but I doubt they would allow it to be prescribed for “aging” which is not classified as disease :no_mouth:

Netherlands and yes it gets covered

you could try to get diagnosed with sporadic lymfangioleiomyomatosis (S-LAM) :wink:

1 Like

sounds serious enough :grimacing:

S-LAM was only diagnosed twice (with acuracy). So I am absolutly stunning to talk to such a unique person like you. HAHAHA. :slight_smile:
seems like your medical professional is a really nice person.

1 Like