Can you share your Longevity / HealthSpan Regime?

I thought it was sour also. But it turns out if you take it as citulline-malate, it is the malate that is making it so sour.

I purchased just pure L-citrulline and found out it has practically no taste to it

2 Likes

Wow. He’s got to be the best looking 71 year old I have ever seen! The guy looks 39.

Now the question is does he dye his hair? If you replaced his hair color with grey, he’d look about 65.

3 Likes

Nah, the roots look good and so does the beard. Personally, I don’t think he dyes his hair.
He may be an outlier like a friend of mine who is 90, does nothing bad, but doesn’t do anything like exercise and he still looks younger than me. Lucky genes trump supplements.

5 Likes

It’s quite curious. He looks like he’s in his mid 40s in this picture but in some of the others he looks older, his skin and lips look thin as though he’s lost volume. Do we know what he’s taking apart from metformin?

I take citrulline malate (2g) with 3g of glycine, in my nightcap of two tablespoons of vinegar in water (for blood glucose). It is not so sour, even with the vinegar, in a glass of water.

Am taking it now.

I used to take citrulline (plain) from Nutricost. It was a bit salty.

1 Like

Paul Kiesow attributes his longevity to his low-dose selegiline regimen:

https://twitter.com/KiesowPaul/status/1700737286336356472

See also

https://www.rapamycin.news/t/anyone-taking-selegiline-deprenyl-for-longevity/

1 Like

Paul talks about his ‘4 Aces’

These are Selegiline, Omega 3s, Metformin, and NAD boosters.

He had been big into amino acids such as ornithine in his 50s. In his earliest article, he takes a lot of other stuff too.

2 Likes

Got to admit if he is as old as he says he is, then there’s something spectacular going on. How come we’ve never heard of him before? If he’s legit-then it seems like he might actually have a protocol to share. If he’s really onto to something couldn’t he talk to some longevity scientists and get tested to see if there’s something going on under the hood. It looks as though he’s also intermittent fasting based on some of his posts. I’m keeping an open mind, but he could simply be lying about his age. Anyone can fake a passport and post a few old pics. Not sure what he’d have to gain from it, but people are complex sometimes.

6 Likes

I don’t think he looks that much younger for his age. Obviously, he dyes his hair dark and that helps a bit, but from his pictures I actually look younger, more robust and healthier than him at my age. I don’t know how I’ll look at 71 (his age) but certainly hope I’ll look younger than him.
While many of these antiaging personalities may be very healthy for their age (which is great) but to me no one of them looks younger (maybe couple years at best) than their real age. i.e. Dr Sinclair many seem to think he looks way younger but to me he does look early 50’s which is his own age. Atia another example while he looks healthy, he does look his actual age IMO. Even Johnson, he does look his real age even though he claims to have reversed his age. BTW, he does look very healthy though

4 Likes

Funny. My biological age based on blood markers is 15-33 yrs (Levine, Aging.ai) lower than my actual age. The photo based age estimator is only a couple years low. It’s hard to hide from the camera.

3 Likes

He’s been active on Twitter for quite a number of years. I’ve interacted with him a bit. I’m not sure why, but he’s not positive on rapamycin.

3 Likes

If he “obviously” dyes his hair he must have had the pictures taken within a few days of the dye job as there is no gray around the roots. As my wife got older she started dying her hair. On close inspection, within a week, you could see the roots were a different color. You see the same effect in bottle blonds, the dark hair starts to show at the roots in a very short time.

1 Like

MAO-B inhibitors apparently help memory and may extend lifespan.

I am more concerned with keeping my mind and memory intact.
There is plenty of evidence that age-related dementia is something that almost seems inevitable as we get older.

“Deprenyl (selegiline) is an irreversible inhibitor of monoamine oxidase (MAO) B”

In any case, the life-extension studies that I could find are pretty weak.
But, I wonder if selegiline might be a good adjunct therapy to be used with rapamycin,
If I did, would I choose the dosage he uses? I wonder how he arrived at that dosage.

“The first longevity study demonstrating that rats treated with the MAO-B inhibitory
dose of (-)-deprenyl (0.25 mg/kg) lived significantly longer than their saline-treated peers was
published in 1988, and corroborated in many papers”

"A 2002 study found that selegiline increased median lifespan by 11-21% in male mice when administered starting at midlife. Selegiline did not increase maximum lifespan.

Multiple studies by Knoll et al. in the late 1980s and 1990s showed that selegiline increased average lifespan by 8-25% in rats when started in midlife. Effects were more pronounced in male rats.

“A 2012 study reported 9% and 14% increases in mean lifespan of male and female mice, respectively, when treated with selegiline from midlife.”

“The increases in maximum life span are important observations and strongly suggest that aging can be slowed down by selegiline”

Here are some of the very few papers that I could find regarding selegiline and lifespan
Links to the full articles:

https://sci-hub.se/10.1016/j.lfs.2016.10.023

https://sci-hub.se/10.1016/0024-3205(94)00396-3

https://sci-hub.se/10.1016/s0161-813x(03)00102-5

3 Likes

FWIW: Selegiline is very cheap from India, there are hundreds of sellers, here are some current prices:

2 Likes

I’m not an expert in hair dyes but I guarantee you 1 million % that he does dye his beard. If he dyes his beard, then he dyes his hair also. a friend of mine (he’s 62) has ZERO white hair but that is a condition (forgot the proper name) and has nothing to do with him being young or old. Plus, his facial hair is white, his condition seems to be for hair on his head only. So yes this guy does color his hair. Can’t comment on how healthy/strong he is but he does look a bit pail/faint. I’d rather look my age but look masculine, strong and robust. I see nothing wrong with the look of this 87 year old dude.

So if I were 87 and had his smirk I’d be just fine with it lol. Apparently how we age has a lot to do with genetics and is not always as simple as eat healthy and exercise.

5 Likes

To some extent we have. Please see my earlier post above and the chain on the forum that I refer to there

I believe there may also have been some dog studies - did you see anything on that during your search?

Ok. I must have missed this thread. I try to read as much as I can. I’ll take a look. Thanks

1 Like

I used three different search engines and a few different queries. I found nothing mentioning dogs.
That doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist, but it may be buried in some report where selegiline wasn’t mentioned.

1 Like

Did you also search under deprenyl ?
…. found this reference

3 Likes