Can you share your Longevity / HealthSpan Regime?

I suppose it would depend where you went, but I couldn’t see any physical reason why not. The WBC chamber is open above the shoulders.

3 Likes

Update December 2023:

• Rapamycin 13mg every second week
  • Acarbose with a carb-meal
  • Calcium AKG 1 g
  • Valter Longo’s longevity diet (pescatarian, no sugar, no alcohol, very little starches) & FMD
  • 12-14 hours time restricted feeding
  • 11’000 steps a day
  • 1 g NMN (only when I am particularly stressed or feeling a little sick)
  • 1 g TMG (only when taking NMN)
  • Glynac 5.6 g
  • 15 g hydrolyzed collagen
  • Fish oil (omega 3)
  • Vitamin D3
  • Vitamin K
  • Every three days a multivitamin & minerals (half a tablet)
  • Magnesium
  • Psyllium husk
  • 1.5 mg melatonin sustained release
  • 7 hours of sleep
  • Finasteride 1 mg
  • Sulforapro
  • Glucosamine 850 mg
  • Greentea extract with Quercetin
  • Hyaluronic acid 250 mg
  • Creatin 5 g
  • Curcumin
  • Breath work and meditation
  • Every now and then I pause every supplement
6 Likes

The stack could probably be further simplied but it’s still a really solid one imo.

5 Likes

Hey, we agree on something! Great stack. I don’t know why you use NMN when Niacin is cheaper and Lustgarten showed it works better. And for the TMG I use Homocystex plus which includes the right form of several b vitamins for me. Could be it works so well because of my MTHFR, don’t know because its complicated, but my homocysteine was 5 once and is always less than 9.

Thanks for sharing.

5 Likes

Can you talk more to TMG and homocystein?

I think saw that the trial Peter Attia uses to help patient lose homocysteine was based on a combination of B6, 9 and 12, but not any TMG. So I’ve been using that protocol (so far only one blood test back, but seems to be working).

1 Like

I have to admit there is a lot about methylation I don’t know, such as whether it makes you older or not. Having said that I think I got the idea to try this years ago from chris Masterjohn and it had to do with the riboflavin 5 phosphate. They use pyridoxal 5-phosphate for the b6 and the methyl forms of b6 and b12. If you use homocystex plus then you get the TMG which is just 3 methyl groups added to glycine.

Honestly I think the homocysteine reduction comes from the B12, but years ago my homocysteine was more like 12 and I’ve been using this and it seems to work for me and it keeps me cooler as well. Kind of like the lithium. I’m going to say that comes from the folate.

2 Likes

Thanks @Bicep - above it was I am doing (just that the second b6 is actually b9) - is that what you mean too?

oops, no. I meant to say methyl forms of folate and b12. There’s no B9 in homocystex. And I doubt TMG has much to do with homocysteine.

Years ago when it came out I did 23 and me, found out I had snips of MTHFR and did some reading about solutions. Masterjohn had some, so I gave this a try. It is a fairly complex issue and since it was years ago I’ve forgotten most of the details of what I did there.

1 Like

Great stack. Reminds me of my own.

Have you thought about adding taurine or lithium orotate?

2 Likes

Thanks! The SGLT2 inhibitor was not on my radar. Is that a stand alone or does it also pair with Rapa (like acarbose)?

You can pair an SGLT2 inhibitor with Rapamycin.

1 Like

Mike Lustgarten goes in-depth:

1 Like

The NIH interventions testing program found longevity effects also when taken alone without rapa.

There are at least two big threads on SGLT2i / Cana on this forum, just do a quick search

1 Like

One man’s health/lifespan supplement stack:
“Paul Kiesow was enthralled by what he read about the possibilities of growth hormone releasers. Today, his well-stocked ‘nutritional pantry’ keeps age very much at bay.”

“Since one of the substances that can stimulate the pituitary gland to release human growth hormone (HGH) is arginine, in 1992 at age 39 Kiesow began taking 4.5 grams of arginine in powder form four or five nights a week. Two years later he heard about ornithine, arginine’s sister amino acid, which was reported to work a bit more efficiently, and now he takes 12 grams of powdered ornithine three to four times a week at bedtime.”

Is he on to something? I have taken arginine in the past, but not at the doses he is using.
Probably safer than taking actual growth hormones. Then again, he is also only 45 and n=1, so I don’t take the article very seriously, but I am certainly going to revisit arginine and similar substances.

3 Likes

Seems he was 39 in 1992 from above though?

I heard from Beth Shirley (nitric oxide expert working with Berkley supplements) that arginine supplements cause problems for older people due to normal declines in eNOS function. This is why she suggests using citrulline instead. She also recommends eating nitrates to boost NO for older people who have poor eNOS function.

1 Like

you are right:

Paul Kiesow Age 71 / Jun 1952

1 Like

Yes, the article was a little confusing.
“I won’t pass for someone in my 20s,” says Kiesow, now 45. “But I do look like I’m in my mid-30s, and that’s not a bad place to be.”
Then later: " in 1992 at age 39"
So he is 70-71?

1. Looks good for 71.
    https://twitter.com/KiesowPaul

8 Likes

I am a big believer in aminos. I just haven’t come around to study them enough and decide on which ones and what dose. I remember a while back 10-15 years ago I literally took almost every amino there is (wasn’t literate enough about supplements at that time) I would mix them twice daily with my smoothies, I felt absolutely amazing, strong, and no inflammation whatsoever. I also loved the way I felt on Arginine (big help in right places lol) but for some reason it gave me cold sores (I guess it activated a dormant herpes virus). Because of that I stopped them all cold turkey and never done them again. At some point I want to study them further and probably start them again. I still remember how good I felt and miss it! Maybe, I’ll just skip arginine and do the rest.

1 Like