Can you share your Longevity / HealthSpan Regime?

To some extent we have. Please see my earlier post above and the chain on the forum that I refer to there

I believe there may also have been some dog studies - did you see anything on that during your search?

Ok. I must have missed this thread. I try to read as much as I can. Iā€™ll take a look. Thanks

1 Like

I used three different search engines and a few different queries. I found nothing mentioning dogs.
That doesnā€™t mean that it doesnā€™t exist, but it may be buried in some report where selegiline wasnā€™t mentioned.

1 Like

Did you also search under deprenyl ?
ā€¦. found this reference

3 Likes

Thanks this may be the one

To assess whether L-deprenyl treatment begun in later life might enhance canine longevity in a fashion similar to that documented in rodents we also examined survival in a subset of elderly dogs who were between the ages of 10 and 15 yrs at the start of tablet administration and who received tablets for at least 6 months. In this subset, dogs in the L-deprenyl group survived longer (p < 0.05) than dogs in the placebo group. Twelve of 15 (80%) dogs in the L-deprenyl group survived to the conclusion of the study, in contrast to only 7 of 18 (39%) of the dogs who received placebo (P=0.017). Furthermore, by the time the first L-deprenyl treated dog died on day 427, 5 placebo treated dogs had already succumbed, the first on day 295. Specifically with respect to dogs, the findings reported herein suggest daily oral administration of 1 mg/kg L-deprenyl prolongs life when begun in relatively healthy dogs 10-15 years of age and maintained for the duration of the individualā€™s life, but in any event for no less than six months.

Think it was discussed elsewhere on the forum in the past too

1 Like

I suppose itā€™s possible that the years of metformin might have prevented the accumulation of AGEs which has protected his skin. Type2 diabetes tends to accelerate the process. If heā€™s avoided sugar it might have protected him from that damage.

5 Likes

I like the name, @Stoic !

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen him several times on Twitter over the last few years and looked into his thread pretty in-depth, but thereā€™s just something about his photos that doesnā€™t feel ā€œrightā€ to me (not just the unnatural looking hair). I canā€™t put my finger on it, but he doesnā€™t seem genuine to me.

I could absolutely be wrong, of course . . . I just followed him again on Twitter and will try to keep an open mind.

4 Likes

NMN has been mentioned a few times in this thread . . . Iā€™ve taken 1 gram of NMN daily for the last year, and I have enough left to last a few more years (I bought a bunch when I heard that they wouldnā€™t be selling in anymore.)

Does anyone think it isnā€™t wise for me to continue taking the NMN until itā€™s gone? I donā€™t want to waste it (it was expensive), but Iā€™m okay with removing it from my stack if it might be doing harm.

I think NMN is fine as long as you are cancer free. It helps all cells equally which is a double edged sword.

1 Like

I was just talking about this with the hubby. I have the same perspective and Iā€™d rather just look (and be) healthy for my age. I see too many women in my community that have gone way overboard with various surgeries and it doesnā€™t look good and they also arenā€™t fooling anyone. I suppose the best plastic surgeons arenā€™t practicing in Indiana though. I have gotten comments on my appearance since being on rapa like vibrant and glowing so thatā€™s good enough for me.

5 Likes

I think you should consider testing your levels to see where you are and then you can titrate based on that

Well, the good news is, that it only works when you are old.
I guess I better contact Jagdish and get me some. :crazy_face:

1 Like

The best plastic surgeons, by far, are located in South Korea. Almost every (affluent) girl for their sweet 16 birthday gets a nose job, boob job or a face fix of some sort. They estimate 20% of the female population has had plastic surgery. I was amazed at the plastic surgery ā€˜shopping mallsā€™ that had clinic upon clinic stacked high to the sky. And the women are amazingly beautiful.

You would never believe that the woman below is 45. :wink:

BTW, the 45 thing is a WAG. Iā€™m not sure how old she is. But with Koreans and plastic surgery, 45 is a definite possibility. The woman above is probably part of the millionaires club - she probably only dates millionaires.

6 Likes

It really helps that sheā€™s smiling in the after pictures. Iā€™d rather look at a woman thatā€™s smiling.

1 Like

Again. Itā€™s hard to judge from a few photos, but on the whole he looks a lot younger than his stated age. What he does have is a slightly papery look to his skin. He looks young, but then not. And maybe thatā€™s to be expected. He also has thinning of his lips and it looks as if is skin is sagging around his neck and chin. The beard can hid a multitude of sins. The thing is that itā€™s incredibly difficult to judge someone by their looks. If he is 71 though heā€™s managed to retain a relative good amount of facial volume. It does make you wonder what a 70 year old human might look like if they had negligible senescence. They wouldnā€™t look young, it would be something different.

3 Likes

I am all for lowering senescent cell load. Rapamycin, taurine, metformin and D + Q will all help do that plus others found in the article below. This guy only does metformin, so it doesnā€™t seem like his senescent cell load would be all that low?

Paulā€™s Personal STACK from November 2021 [revised]
Asterisks indicate ā€˜triaged outā€™ā€”OK, but no longer using them.

*Apigenin (blocks NAD+ breakdown)
*Alpha-Ketoglutarate AKG
*Spermidine (autophagy activator)
DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) ā€” 100mg/day
Hyaluronic Acid ā€” 500mg/day
Collagen peptides ā€” 8g/day
Metformin ā€” 1g/day
Nicotinamide Mononucleotide NMN ā€” 1,250mg/day
Docosahexaenoic Acid DHA ā€” 3g/day
Trans-Resveratrol/*Pterostilbene ā€” 1g/day
7-Keto DHEA ā€” 50mg/day
Melatonin ā€” 3mg/day
Alpha-Lipoic Acid ā€” 600mg occasionally
Cyanidin (sirtuin-6 activator) ā€” ~330mg/day

Vitamins & miscellaneous additions

Vitamin D3 ā€” 7500 IU/day
Zinc gluconate ā€” 25mg/day
Multi-vitamin/mineral, medium potency ā€” 1/day
Astaxanthin ā€” 5mg/day
Zeaxanthin ā€” 10mg/day
Lutein ā€” 10mg/day
Grapeseed extract ā€” 750mg/day
Glucosamine ā€” 1500mg/day

8 Likes

Thank you. Yes, Iā€™m thinking about adding taurine.

2 Likes