Anyone using peptides and rapamycin?

I’ve been fiddling with using a blend of cjc 1295 and ipamorelin to stimulate gh/igf1 to help with lean mass, fat loss, energy, tissue repair, cognition etc etc. After three weeks I’ve definitely lost some belly fat, feel generally better and sleep well.

I realize that there’s much debate around whether increasing gh/igf1 may be good or bad in aging. Does anyone firstly have any specific feedback around increasing gh/igf1 and secondly, how might this regimen interact/interfere/synergize/etc if I were to start rapamycin as well?
Thanks!

Hi - people here are not using peptides much here. Generally I have not seen much evidence that suggests these would increase lifespan, though they may have short term functional benefits.

Yes - anything that increases IGF-1 systemically seems likely to be pro-aging, even though you will likely grow more muscle, and may feel better.

But - if you have evidence to the contrary please post it. We are always open to new information here.

During the last 3 decades one of the most discussed topics in gerontology is the role of the growth hormone (GH)/insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1)/insulin system in the regulation of longevity. Accumulating evidence suggests that this pathway plays an essential role in the pathogenesis of several age-related diseases including cancer, dementia, cardiovascular, and metabolic disease

See: Frontiers | ROLE of IGF-1 System in the Modulation of Longevity: Controversies and New Insights From a Centenarians' Perspective | Endocrinology

We have had one other discussion thread on Peptides, I recommend you check it out here:

@bcmd Welcome to the site! Yes, I have used and Rx’d several peptides in my practice. The debate on whether elevated IGF-1 is bad or good depends on what your vantage point is. Elevated IGF-1 does stimulate mTOR, may increase risk of cancer and possibly detrimental to longevity. However, from a healthspan point of view, you can get improved sleep, muscle tone and weight loss. I would propose that there is probably more gray area than what is being looked at. The elevated IGF-1 studies are based on ( I believe), naturally occuring vs. peptide stimulated - so we are associating the an induced IGF-1 from a peptide to what an IGF-1 that may be coming from a much bigger process of disease. Obviously we only have part of the picture with mTOR since so many things that increase mTOR also help us feel better - higher protein diets, testosterone, peptides ect. We did talk about peptides and testosterone in the Longevity regime topic.

1 Like

Hi and thanks for those replies.
RapAdmin: I don’t have evidence to support peptides for longevity and certainly not in combination with rapamycin. The peptide combo I’m playing with has lots of real-world use for cutting fat/building muscle/sleep/energy/etc/etc but I don’t see a lot of great studies. Very unclear what effect good or bad on longevity.

David: Very interesting thanks. Yes I think the whole IGF-1 issue is much more nuanced than first blush. Dr. Neil Rouzier who is a hormone optimization guru is very bullish on exogenous HGH to raise IGF-1 to a narrow range but I don’t know his stance on GHRP’s.

Do you have any experience with the CJC 1295/ipamorelin combo? And do you suspect using this would be counterproductive while taking rapamycin? I have a bottle of Rapamune sitting here waiting for me to start but my current thought is to get in better physical condition and burn off this gut/grow some muscles for a while with diet/exercise/peptides before transitioning to diet/exercise/rapamycin.

I tried BPC 157 for a few months but I didn’t feel any benefit , I then found a company providing peptides for a particular health issues such as heart and eyes, , I took the eye peptides for the 3 month course but had no improvement, my husband took a 3 month course for heart but there was no improvement, so, I’m not sure I would give them another try as they are not cheap

5 Likes

I am looking into a local place found (thankfully) from this site to get on Rapamycin… They have a program that also offers Senolytic and CJC Peptide treatment. Will advise more once i discuss with them. here is a link - https://lowcountrymale.com/anti-aging-treatment-for-men/

](What Are Peptide Bioregulators and How Do They Work? - Yunique Medical)

I recently came across this info where he list polypeptide pineal extracts lifespan equal to rapa for females? I did fine many studies to support his summary. The recommended timing of this supplement dosage is 10 days, I would think IGF1 would naturally decrease again with Rapa cycling?

There’s this circle of research regarding small peptide regulators of the pineal gland and thymus. It mostly seems to come from Russian labs, say those associated with Khavinson or VN Anisimov. I think “Western” researchers find Russian work to be hard to evaluate, and so far AFAIK no one has put up the money to reproduce the more interesting claims?

1 Like

While looking up polypeptide pineal extracts, which I think look very promising, especially for old people.
I came across:

“Epitalon is a synthetic peptide made of four amino acids: alanine, glutamic acid, aspartic acid, and glycine. It is a potent antioxidant, similar to melatonin, and may have longevity benefits.
Epitalon is a telomerase activator and a potential anti-aging compound. It was identified as the active component of a bovine pineal gland extract called epithalamin.”

“Peptide promotes overcoming of the division limit in human somatic cell”
“Peptide-treated cells with elongated telomeres made 10 extra divisions (44 passages) in comparison with the control and continued dividing. Hence, Epithalon prolonged the vital cycle of normal human cells due to overcoming the Heyflick limit.”

3 Likes

I checked out Low Country Male some time ago, and it was a great resource for information . I hope you can share your experience with them.

Hi Dee, can you share what you used BPC 157 for? Did someone prescribe it to you, or did you order it on line? I am on this peptides thread because of some research I have done and am very interested in using them. Thanks.

Hi desertshores, I recently listened to a podcast by Nat Niddam, where she explained the impressive results of trials done by a Russian researcher with a combination of Thymosin beta4 and Epithalon on elderly participants. The biohacker community is ablaze with peptides, and several functional MDs state that they absolutely work. Personally, I am only interested in those which stimulate immunity, Thymosin alpha 1 (Zadaxin), Thymosin beta4 , and Epithalon.

1 Like

I’m sorry for the ignorant question, @KFISH but it is early: where are these blue “Rapamycin” charts coming from (and more to the point: where tlapecofically is this data from)? — they are often pasted into posts on this forum and I look at them with great interest, but I had thought they were based on ITP data. There seems to be no citation here saying where they are from (the reference below it is for a clinic?), but since they are all the same formatting perhaps this has already become well-known in this community. Someone subsequent goes on to say there are a lot of research papers but all from Russian labs (so I’d probably pass based on that), but this data must come from somewhere you found credible enough to reference. I apologize if I’m asking a question that is already answered in multiple places, and/of if there was a link to this data that I overlooked.

The thing that perked me up this morning is the large “median lifespan” (“healthspan”) as well as the smaller “max lifespan” (“longevity”) benefits from both polypeptide pineal gland and bovine thymus gland extracts (I assume the pineal gland is also from bovine source? It’s not chicken or human, right?). In the dark ages my biochem research fellowship used calf thymus for extraction of (specific) proteins so I have a fondness for the thymus, plus I love sweetbreads…but seriously, these are big numbers, and for peptides which I would (perhaps incorrectly) assume would have fewer bio accumulation and side effects (being peptides). I’m a theoretical fan of peptides because of this, albeit this research is very undeveloped versus other classes of compounds (say, for metformin) so I’m not currently taking any. But I’m extremely curious about GHK and BPC-157 and they appear (from initial literature readings) to be safe-ish (and with 20-years of thousands of n=1 trials by the body building community, although a truly reliable source is probably beyond our reach).

I’m a believer in the possible benefits of “pulsing” growth/strength with mTOR-inhibition/longevity to maximize lifespan through partially maximizing healthspan — two steps forward and one step back in multiple dimensions of health. It’s a theory I am literally betting my life on.

1 Like

Hi

I no longer take peptides because the company could not get what I wanted due to supply problems. I used to take BPC 157 but only for a month as a precaution against gut health or immune problems, it was just part of my supplement regime . I didn’t feel any different but I believe it’s a good supplement to take .

Hope that helps

Dee

I use these people

2831 St. Rose Pkwy Suite 362
Henderson, NV 89052 USA

All products on this site are for Research, Development use only. Products are Not for Human consumption of any kind.The statements made within this website have not been evaluated by the US Food and Drug Administration. The statements and the products of this company are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

© 2023 PeptideSciences.com. All Rights

1 Like

I enjoyed Low Country Male team for a month. I thought they were very knowledgeable, and pretty thorough going over my blood work. They prescribed me the first month of Rapamycin but charged an ongoing monthly fee which I found costly compared to other doctors mentioned on this site so I left them.

1 Like

I use BPC-157 for muscle and tendon injuries. I added TB-500 to the BPC-157 to aid in healing from my recent surgery. I don’t know if it was placebo or all the other things I do but I came back rather quickly.

1 Like

Small peptides: could they have a big role in metabolism and the response to exercise?

Exercise is a powerful non-pharmacological intervention for the treatment and prevention of numerous chronic diseases. Contracting skeletal muscles provoke widespread perturbations in numerous cells, tissues and organs, which stimulate multiple integrated adaptations that ultimately contribute to the many health benefits associated with regular exercise. Despite much research, the molecular mechanisms driving such changes are not completely resolved. Technological advancements beginning in the early 1960s have opened new avenues to explore the mechanisms responsible for the many beneficial adaptations to exercise. This has led to increased research into the role of small peptides (<100 amino acids) and mitochondrially derived peptides in metabolism and disease, including those coded within small open reading frames (sORFs; coding sequences that encode small peptides). Recently, it has been hypothesized that sORF-encoded mitochondrially derived peptides and other small peptides play significant roles as exercise-sensitive peptides in exercise-induced physiological adaptation. In this review, we highlight the discovery of mitochondrially derived peptides and newly discovered small peptides involved in metabolism, with a specific emphasis on their functions in exercise-induced adaptations and the prevention of metabolic diseases. In light of the few studies available, we also present data on how both single exercise sessions and exercise training affect expression of sORF-encoded mitochondrially derived peptides. Finally, we outline numerous research questions that await investigation regarding the roles of mitochondrially derived peptides in metabolism and prevention of various diseases, in addition to their roles in exercise-induced physiological adaptations, for future studies.

tjp15890-gra-0001-m

(open access paper)

https://physoc.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1113/JP283214

1 Like