Anyone using peptides and rapamycin?

I’ve been fiddling with using a blend of cjc 1295 and ipamorelin to stimulate gh/igf1 to help with lean mass, fat loss, energy, tissue repair, cognition etc etc. After three weeks I’ve definitely lost some belly fat, feel generally better and sleep well.

I realize that there’s much debate around whether increasing gh/igf1 may be good or bad in aging. Does anyone firstly have any specific feedback around increasing gh/igf1 and secondly, how might this regimen interact/interfere/synergize/etc if I were to start rapamycin as well?
Thanks!

Hi - people here are not using peptides much here. Generally I have not seen much evidence that suggests these would increase lifespan, though they may have short term functional benefits.

Yes - anything that increases IGF-1 systemically seems likely to be pro-aging, even though you will likely grow more muscle, and may feel better.

But - if you have evidence to the contrary please post it. We are always open to new information here.

During the last 3 decades one of the most discussed topics in gerontology is the role of the growth hormone (GH)/insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1)/insulin system in the regulation of longevity. Accumulating evidence suggests that this pathway plays an essential role in the pathogenesis of several age-related diseases including cancer, dementia, cardiovascular, and metabolic disease

See: Frontiers | ROLE of IGF-1 System in the Modulation of Longevity: Controversies and New Insights From a Centenarians' Perspective | Endocrinology

We have had one other discussion thread on Peptides, I recommend you check it out here:

@bcmd Welcome to the site! Yes, I have used and Rx’d several peptides in my practice. The debate on whether elevated IGF-1 is bad or good depends on what your vantage point is. Elevated IGF-1 does stimulate mTOR, may increase risk of cancer and possibly detrimental to longevity. However, from a healthspan point of view, you can get improved sleep, muscle tone and weight loss. I would propose that there is probably more gray area than what is being looked at. The elevated IGF-1 studies are based on ( I believe), naturally occuring vs. peptide stimulated - so we are associating the an induced IGF-1 from a peptide to what an IGF-1 that may be coming from a much bigger process of disease. Obviously we only have part of the picture with mTOR since so many things that increase mTOR also help us feel better - higher protein diets, testosterone, peptides ect. We did talk about peptides and testosterone in the Longevity regime topic.

Hi and thanks for those replies.
RapAdmin: I don’t have evidence to support peptides for longevity and certainly not in combination with rapamycin. The peptide combo I’m playing with has lots of real-world use for cutting fat/building muscle/sleep/energy/etc/etc but I don’t see a lot of great studies. Very unclear what effect good or bad on longevity.

David: Very interesting thanks. Yes I think the whole IGF-1 issue is much more nuanced than first blush. Dr. Neil Rouzier who is a hormone optimization guru is very bullish on exogenous HGH to raise IGF-1 to a narrow range but I don’t know his stance on GHRP’s.

Do you have any experience with the CJC 1295/ipamorelin combo? And do you suspect using this would be counterproductive while taking rapamycin? I have a bottle of Rapamune sitting here waiting for me to start but my current thought is to get in better physical condition and burn off this gut/grow some muscles for a while with diet/exercise/peptides before transitioning to diet/exercise/rapamycin.

I tried BPC 157 for a few months but I didn’t feel any benefit , I then found a company providing peptides for a particular health issues such as heart and eyes, , I took the eye peptides for the 3 month course but had no improvement, my husband took a 3 month course for heart but there was no improvement, so, I’m not sure I would give them another try as they are not cheap

2 Likes