Mitochondrial peptides

Is anyone alternating cycles of rapamycin with cycles of mitochondrial peptides like MOTC or SS31? If so, what is your protocol, and how do you feel when you switch to the peptides?

4 Likes

I’ve heard a little bit about these peptides - but never see any lifespan studies on them. How good is the data / research on them? Are there any good academic research labs regularly doing mouse studies on them?

SS31 is better in older people, could be counterproductive in younger people See Nathan Basisty on YOutube

1 Like

I see Nathan Basisty is a Buck Institute researcher - so a good resource. Most of the stuff I see on YouTube related to SS31 looks to be people trying to sell it (doctors, etc.) so not the independent third party / researchers that I like to get my information from.

2 Likes

SS31 does look interesting though. What specific to aging has it been shown to improve?

Only problem with this is that its short term so not as impressive. I would like to see long term sleep deprivation effects.

1 Like

(NOT the same as catalase)

1 Like

I just got injection of SS31

One person’t commentary on MOTS-s, and rapamycin:

MOTS-c is a myostatin downregulator which relies upon activation of mTOR complex 2 for its effects. Rapamycin, on the other hand, downregulates mTOR complex 1 (at the doses used for life extension). There is no reason to use them separately, in fact they probably work better when used together. The claim about some teeter-totter effect on Ampk/mTOR when adding in Mots-c to the regimen makes no sense.

But, as of now, there isn’t any data on Mots-c in humans, so I wouldn’t waste my money on it at the moment (especially because it’s quite expensive).

3 Likes

Shouldn’t peptides be super-easy to synthesize (oligonucleotide synthesis) in the future?

A new review article:

Full Paper Here:

https://www.jci.org/articles/view/158449

1 Like
1 Like

Interested in GHK-CU (copper tripeptide) as it is: 1) a natural peptide and 2) diminishes with age. It has regenerative effects and is good for the skin. More details here:

https://biotechpeptides.com/product/ghk-cu-50mg-copper/

1 Like

Walter

Are you using this?

1 Like

About to experiment at the end of the month. 2mg subcutaneously for a month. Will update :slight_smile: If you aren’t into needles, the compound is also effective for topical application for skin and hair benefits.

3 Likes

Well I started yesterday. 2mg GHK-CU subcutaneously with 5mg NAD+ (also subcutaneously). So two injections. I am also taking a methyl donor oral stack (Niacinimide 500mg, 5-MTHF 400mcg, Methylcobalamin 1,000 mcg, Trimethylglycine 500mg, Riboflavin 5’-monophosphate 5mg).

Too early to tell, but feel over the moon!

I think all of these are working synergistically.

GHK-CU has regenerative and protective abilities:

Regenerative and Protective Actions of the GHK-Cu Peptide in the Light of the New Gene Data

And so does NAD+

The Role of NAD+ in Regenerative Medicine

3 Likes

Walter

What is your planned dosing schedule?

I am taking 2mg GHK-CU and 5mg NAD+ daily subcutaneously in separate injections (0.2 ml per injection). I also take 6mg rapamycin weekly, Arcobose 25mg at night, 500mg metformin twice daily, Glycine, 17 alpha estradiol and about to start Canagliflozin once my two weeks on Arcabose is safe (blood and ketones looking ok so far).

1 Like

@Walter_Brown its been roughly four weeks. Are you still taking GHK-Cu? I know you started NAD+ at the same time but any indication it is having an effect (lower inflammation, better skin, etc.)? Any insights are helpful.

I am curious because I’ve been looking into adding it to my planned “mad scientist” Rapamycin liquid skin spray — morning @desertshores style DMSO and water spray at maybe the 5-ish% by weight levels, and night retinol/tretinoin liquid mixed in skin cream (maybe GSK-Cu at 5% in this as well). Also considering putting into a planned @Agetron style topical liquid hair dropper with 3ml 5% minoxidil solution mixed with 4-6mg scrushed Rapamycin pills plus finasteride (I’ll need to figure out dosing for roughly 1mg per day or better to just take pills) and maybe 5% GSK-Cu in this as well.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @Ericross2 - still taking the NAD and GHK-CU combination. I have definitely noticed a significant improvement in my skin elasticity and the NAD has led to some subjective improvements in energy, but not as convincingly as the GHK-CU skin benefits.

4 Likes