Anyone trying something a little more edgy?

It would help to know the units. I wonder also if the result was <0.3 rather than <3?

C-Reactive Protein
Your Value
<3.0 mg/L
Standard Range
<=5.0 mg/L

That’s a rather odd result hsCRP often cannot measure under 0.3mg so you can get <0.3. However, I have never heard of any analyzer that could only analyze down to 3mg/L.

I have used a lab which could measure as low as 0.16mg/L.

It is an important measurement as the lowest value over time indicates the burden of senescence, it also picks up on bacterial infections. The key driver is IL-6. Hence if over a period of time you measure it when you have not had a recent infection that indicates the background IL-6 value which comes from SASP.

Her posted numbers are

<3.0 mg/L
Standard Range
<=5.0 mg/L

When measuring CRP, ask specifically for high sensitivity CRP, also called hsCRP. It is much more accurate. Ideally, it should be less than 1.0.

2 Likes

Just to add;

The least expensive way I have located{as of 03/14/2023] for CRP-hs / hs-CRP testing preformed by LabCorp is through Hipp Evo

I have no financial interest in Hipp Evo.

I posted this in another thread

CRP-hs / hs-CRP
high-sensitivity C-reactive protein
$75.00 LabCorp billing insurance
Test: 120766
CPT: 86141

CRP-hs (120766)
$12.33 at

3 Likes

I am not quite sure how this is done, but the lab that produces the lowest possible minimum that I use goes down to 0.16mg/L. They are probably using immunoflourescence.

FWIW

Ask the lab what testing methodology is used.

Also ask how they establish there reference.

1 Like

but CRP and hsCRP are two different tests… The standard CRP measures high levels of the protein to find different diseases that cause inflammation. The hsCRP test measures low levels and focuses on the risk of heart disease and stroke.

https://www.msis-na.org/high-and-low-sensitivity-crp.php

3 Likes

Thank you for explaining the difference. My doctor said that CPR < 3 is an excellent result, especially taking into consideration my age (68). Would be nice to know if Rapa for 13 years contributed to it.

2 Likes

LifeExtension has hs crp for $42.
Test done by Labcorp
They say “highly sensitive”

1 Like

Is fasting “edgy”? I do a yearly 5 day, quarterly 3 day, and weekly 24 hour fasts.

20 mg melatonin nightly.

Dabble in peptide. epitalon cycle every six months. Tried MOTSC (bad reaction), Semax, BPC157 (love it for healing), frag 195, and alpha thymosin.

I’ve used PRP, peptides, and exosomes topically on face for aging and scalp for hair growth although that’s hardly edgy. Pretty standard these days.

Also use sauna and cold exposure.

Not edgy but super extreme is my sleep routine. I prioritize sleep. My room is pitch black. I’ve taped over any little light source. No screens in the bed room. WiFi off. Dirty energy filters on the plugs. A Chillisleep system on the bed. I think sleep is the most underrated but a most important key to living a long life.

6 Likes

Do you feel/experience any difference with these?

Does anyone else do anything about “dirty electricity” in your environment?

I think a 5 day fast would be considered ‘edgy’. Especially if it is water / liquid only

5 Likes

I post this above, you can get the LabCorp test for hsCRP for less than $13.00 .

Why would you pay $42.00?

1 Like

How much deep sleep do you get per night?

Per my Oura ring, which matched up almost perfectly with a trial using an Apple Watch, a minimum of 3 hours. Between 3 and 4.
REM is more of a struggle for me. I aim to get at least 1.5 hours but sometimes barely make an hour. My sleep time is between 10 and 6.

Whether or not the EMFs and WIFi and 5G are killing us idea is real or not isn’t what I’m talking about here. I am sensitive to high EMF fields. They makes me feel lightheaded, crawl-y in my skin, and gives me a headache, even nausea if really high. Our 1st floor bedroom shares a wall where all the electrons and wiring comes up from the basement and we are over the box. All I can say is I feel better with it in. Once when it unknowingly got unplugged I was having issues until we found it and plugged it back in again. N = 1 but for me it helps.

2 Likes

You should probably make everyone put their watches and cell phones in the mailbox before they come in your house, too.

2 Likes

I can tell you when I walk past the electric company’s substation on the street, I can feel the EMF. It’s so strong it makes me a bit nauseous. It’s a big substation though. Your whole body can feel the humming as you walk past. Whole family can feel it.

1 Like