Anyone trying something a little more edgy?

but CRP and hsCRP are two different tests… The standard CRP measures high levels of the protein to find different diseases that cause inflammation. The hsCRP test measures low levels and focuses on the risk of heart disease and stroke.

https://www.msis-na.org/high-and-low-sensitivity-crp.php

3 Likes

Thank you for explaining the difference. My doctor said that CPR < 3 is an excellent result, especially taking into consideration my age (68). Would be nice to know if Rapa for 13 years contributed to it.

2 Likes

LifeExtension has hs crp for $42.
Test done by Labcorp
They say “highly sensitive”

1 Like

Is fasting “edgy”? I do a yearly 5 day, quarterly 3 day, and weekly 24 hour fasts.

20 mg melatonin nightly.

Dabble in peptide. epitalon cycle every six months. Tried MOTSC (bad reaction), Semax, BPC157 (love it for healing), frag 195, and alpha thymosin.

I’ve used PRP, peptides, and exosomes topically on face for aging and scalp for hair growth although that’s hardly edgy. Pretty standard these days.

Also use sauna and cold exposure.

Not edgy but super extreme is my sleep routine. I prioritize sleep. My room is pitch black. I’ve taped over any little light source. No screens in the bed room. WiFi off. Dirty energy filters on the plugs. A Chillisleep system on the bed. I think sleep is the most underrated but a most important key to living a long life.

6 Likes

Do you feel/experience any difference with these?

Does anyone else do anything about “dirty electricity” in your environment?

I think a 5 day fast would be considered ‘edgy’. Especially if it is water / liquid only

5 Likes

I post this above, you can get the LabCorp test for hsCRP for less than $13.00 .

Why would you pay $42.00?

1 Like

How much deep sleep do you get per night?

Per my Oura ring, which matched up almost perfectly with a trial using an Apple Watch, a minimum of 3 hours. Between 3 and 4.
REM is more of a struggle for me. I aim to get at least 1.5 hours but sometimes barely make an hour. My sleep time is between 10 and 6.

Whether or not the EMFs and WIFi and 5G are killing us idea is real or not isn’t what I’m talking about here. I am sensitive to high EMF fields. They makes me feel lightheaded, crawl-y in my skin, and gives me a headache, even nausea if really high. Our 1st floor bedroom shares a wall where all the electrons and wiring comes up from the basement and we are over the box. All I can say is I feel better with it in. Once when it unknowingly got unplugged I was having issues until we found it and plugged it back in again. N = 1 but for me it helps.

2 Likes

You should probably make everyone put their watches and cell phones in the mailbox before they come in your house, too.

2 Likes

I can tell you when I walk past the electric company’s substation on the street, I can feel the EMF. It’s so strong it makes me a bit nauseous. It’s a big substation though. Your whole body can feel the humming as you walk past. Whole family can feel it.

1 Like

Thanks for the additional color.

Is there a way to augment the deep sleep? I average only about 30 minutes per night, with average 7.30 hours of sleep and 5-6 cycles of REM (around 2 hours), the rest is core sleep (all according to my apple watch).
I am a little concerned about the amount of deep sleep, I am 47, I know it decreases with age, but still it is only 6-7%…

1 Like

For me to increase deep sleep: right environment (bedroom dark and cool), not too much alcohol (a few glasses are okay), very strenuous exercise is bad for deep sleep, melatonin (at least 12mg), sleeping alone (although I think that maybe more of an artifact of how my watch measures deep sleep)

3 Likes

Don’t beat yourself up over this @scta123. I use an Oura Ring and average about the same deep sleep as you (using the old algorithm). However, the beta sleep version shows at least double that amount or more - who knows what to believe :man_shrugging: If you wake up in the morning and feel refreshed enough to tackle the day, then trust your gut instinct :facepunch:t2:

2 Likes

Something less edgy - sardine fasting. You eat nothing but sardines for three days.

There is a Dr Boz (Annette Bosworth, MD), who says it is her secret to autophagy. Her patients produce ketones faster on sardine fasting than water only fasting. She’s got the graphs to prove it.

3 Likes

For my husband it was using a Cillipad on the bed and using Dr Andrew Huberman’s formula for overnight body temperature - attaining your lowest temperature 2 to 4 hours before wake up time.

He also used lions mane extract before bed that also helped increase his deep sleep, but not as much as working with body temperature.

2 Likes

If we’re talking crazy, not to be recommended things: I take around 400mg straight dimethyl fumarate once a week. No overt adverse effects, but very much not something well supported by research either.

I really want to see the ITP lifespan curves for their DMF dosing.

1 Like

@Lost can you please explain your thoughts/ reasoning behind this protocol?

1 Like