Anyone trying something a little more edgy?

When you do blood tests what is it specifically you are measuring, testing?

I’ve tried peptides, and bio-regulators. I’ve taken BP157 and TB4 orally and injected it to try and help heal some chronic tendon injuries.
I can’t say that it made any noticeable difference at least not in the short time. Both of my injuries have healed, but it didn’t happen immediately. So it’s really hard to say whether or not it made a difference. I had long standing ankle pain from an old climbing injury and it’s completely cleared up, but again, I can’t specially attribute it to the peptides. BPC157 as an oral supplement did help my stomach. I’ve had dysbiosis since taking a couple of rounds of CIPRO a few years back, but it the relief didn’t last all that long.
TB4 is anecdotally thought to improve thymic function, however it hasn’t been substantiated. I recently read a report from a self experimenter on the Fight Aging website who found that their thymus reduced after taking it, so buyer beware.

3 Likes

I have a lot of data

2 Likes

I did an c60 protocoll some years ago. It really increased my phycical performane (running 5k)

1 Like

RapAdmin, did I read your post correctly, that you have taken up to 28mg of rapamycin a week with no side effects?

Effectively somewhere around 28mg… 8mg with sardines and grapefruit. No obvious side effects but didnt do blood testing. And at that level I did push out the spacing to every 10 days to 2 weeks between dosing. My goal was to test high dose side effects (not to test mTORC2 inhibition by keeping blood levels of sirolimus constantly higher).

2 Likes

Do you take the 28 mg every week? That is a high dose. I’m debating changing my 24 mg every other week to 12 mg every week…have not taken with grapefruit juice or sardines but doing some thinking on that. I have had zero side effects with the 24 mg every other week so thinking of increasing that dose.

1 Like

My vote is for s lower frequency. You dont want autophagy all the time.

5 Likes

I may have missed a post about this already but have you done any blood tests to track changes in bio-markers based on different dosing protocols @lsutiger? When you say zero side effects does that include bloods?

1 Like

No, once I got above 10 or so per week I shifted to every 10 days, and then on the higher doses above 14 to 16mg to 12 days. Be sure to do blood testing… because I think the biggest issues you come into with rapamycin are not the noticeable side effects, its the unnoticeable side effects that you can only know via blood testing…

And regarding @John_Hemming comment… we still have a lot to learn about autophagy… we don’t know the optimal level (or timing) of autophagy, not the exact dose/response relationship between rapamycin use and autophagy… so nothing is too certain.

But, weekly dosing or dosing every two weeks is not giving people “autophagy all the time” as far as I’ve heard. And we have the data that the daily dosing of mice, and monkeys, etc. with good results seems to suggest that even more frequent dosing isn’t necessarily negative (and the higher the dose at least in mice - the better the longevity effect)…

5 Likes

John. Thanks for taking the time to reply. So you think the 24 mg every other week the better way to go?

Yes. I think I had more side effects at lower dosages than I did at high. I had canker sores and rashes. When I took 6 mg + GFJ, all I had was euphoric fatigue which I get no matter what dose. I think the body acclimates to higher doses.

2 Likes

Yes. Also delay it if you are infected.

@RapAdmin is right that we don’t know all we need to know about autophagy. However, Rapamycin inhibits the IL-2 response from mTor that produces white blood cells and by doing that reduces your immune response.

I think a certain amount of autophagy occurs overnight if you are able to adequately express the BECLN1 gene. It may be able to increase that with Melatonin, but I am not sure.

Rapamycin enables an extra amount of autophagy response. Personally I intend to take Rapamycin when also fasting (which I did the second time I took Rapamycin). I am currently waiting to free up time in my testing schedule to take my third dose of Rapamycin.

The reason why I think people should have longer than a week (and probably longer than a fortnight) between doses is because it is a good idea to keep your immune system in a good shape. After taking Rapamycin White blood numbers will go down for a bit and then come back up. Given the lifetime of WBC is 10 days and Rapamycin has a 60 hour half life I think that weekly dosing will keep the WBC continually lower. Although it is theoretically a biomarker where lower is better I think that is primarily because the normal symptom of a lower WBC is not fighting a lot of infection. I have leukopenia and I think that is because my immune system is not being challenged by infection as much because my cells individually can generate more cytosolic ROS to fight infection. (including fighting things like warts). However, I would not wish to chronically reduce my immune system simply by making it less responsive.

On a macro scale my immediate family have had quite a few infections recently that have caused symptoms and kept children off school. The most I have had is a few sniffles. That could be because I am older, but my wife (who is in her 40s) has also suffered and she is old enough to have encountered a number of infectious diseases.

I may increase the dose of Rapamycin that I take from 2mg, but it already seems to impact circadian proteins so that might do for now.

1 Like

Personally I don’t take melatonin before I go to bed unless it is time release. That is because I think there is a feedback system via the SCN which reduces endogenous production of pineal melatonin if serum levels are higher.

Hence the additional melatonin you take before going to sleep helps you get to sleep, but actually may cause you to wake earlier because less melatonin is going into the cerebrospinal fluid.

Last night I slept for 4 hours before I took any melatonin. The melatonin then assisted me in getting another two hours before 6am. I may have been able to get additional sleep without the melatonin, but
a) I want to take melatonin for other reasons
b) I want to get as much sleep into the shortest possible timescale. I do the school run during the school week which really needs me to up and about at 6am.

4 Likes

A few years ago I developed “Jumper’s Knee” in my right knee.
While I was overseas I went to a sports doctor who treated it with about 5 shots of PRP.
The following year I developed Plantar Fasciitis in my right foot. So more PRP in the foot (and, despite anaesthetic, it hurt like hell!). Both treatments were very successful and I was able to return to running.
In fact, I noticed that a painful shoulder also healed itself at the same time as the knee injections, so I think there is some systemic effect going on.
I believe PRP has obvious rejuvenation properties. I tried to get the doc to inject me with some when uninjured but he wouldn’t.
I found 1 paper on the effects of PRP injection into muscle.
One of these days I’m going to buy a centrifuge and a few bits and pieces and do it myself. Is that “edgy”? (Or just stupid!)

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing @DrT - have you any information about whether this might work in children with severs?

Not sure what you mean by “severs”?

what would be the benefit of such high dose?

Ther are several posting on this forum about melatonin.
Link below is a copy of Russel Reiter professional medical book on melatonin{this is not the consumer book)

Review Frank Shallenberger slide presentation and a paper/article on the subject.

3-3-Shallenberger-High-Dose-Melatonin-Therapy-An-Ideal-Adjuvant(1).pdf (311.3 KB)

Melatonin-article-Shallenberger.pdf (2.5 MB)

Shallenberger recommends Reiter 180mg{yes, 180mg] per day dose, Reiter has been taking the dose for decades.

Russel J.Reiter {review his background] in my view he is the “Melatonin Master” in the research/medical field.

4 Likes

thx. will have a look. never heard before about melatonin high doses being good…