A Friendly Biological Age Reduction Competition?

This is interesting to see. When you say a cup of fresh grapefruit juice, is it an 8 fluid ounce cup or just one large grapefruit you squeeze and wash down the rapa with? Also, do you eat right before or after you take the rapa?

2 Likes

Hey Matt -

Correct, I buy one good size Red Grapefruit - costs about $1. I cut it in half and then in quarters. I hand squeeze the pieces through a little hand held strainer to catch seeds and pulp.

It makes literally a juice-glass size amount of fluid. So, approx. 6 ounces. I put it to the side and take my 3 rapamycin pills which are 2mg each so 6mg total. pop them all in my mouth and swallow with the 6 ounces of fresh Grapefruit Juice - GFJ. That’s it and I get a 5-6 times magnification of my 6 mg dose which is 31-38 ng/mL. I have Labcorp tested this process 3 times and always the same. So I don’t do the GFJ the morning of and an hour before and with the dose and an hour after and the next morning. Damn that is a lot of GFJ - LOL. My fresh squeezed 6 ounces of GFJ with the pills is all I need to get my 5-6 increase - which is plenty!

Also, the day of my rapamycin dose… in the evening I usually workout resistance muscle training for an hour & 15 minutes - then have dinner a 1lb grilled steak (saturated fats) with a small salad and loaded baked potatoe and 12 ounce glass of whole milk about an hour or two before I dose with the rapamycin and GFJ. Afterwhich, I go to bed. I don’t workout again for 44 hours after dosing. At 44 hours I do my workout and turn on my MTOR2. That is my N=1 routine every 10 days I dose due to the high amount of the rapamycin increase (5-6) … and works with my body type.

5 Likes

Appreciate the details. Probably gonna try some grapefruit with mine to save money.

3 Likes

Sounds good! It does save on pills. Definitely worth setting it up to get a LABCORP sirolimus test (blood draw) within 1.5 to 2 hours after dosing to get an accurate t-max of the dose in your body! I make an appointment in advance with my doctor’s nurse to do the blood draw at a certain time and it works!

Check first, but anyone doing a draw should be able to get a Sirolimus LABCORP test done for you.

2 Likes

Just be aware that people are getting anywhere from 3X increase in bioavailability to 7X from grapefruit juice, so you may get some significant side effects.

That said, in my experience trying GFJ it was fine. I was taking rapamycin at 10 to 12mg/week, then went down to 6mg with GFJ, and tried as high as 8mg with GFJ, and so effectively somewhere around perhaps 24mg of rapamycin (at that point I shifted to every two weeks), and absolutely no obvious side effects. So at least for some of us the effects are pretty benign (though no blood tests, so not sure of effect on lipids, but blood glucose was fine via CGM).

4 Likes

The biggest issue with regard to grapefruit juice is, I think, the potential impact on any other medications or supplements you may be taking. If you are taking anything in addition to rapamycin you need to be very careful and work with your doctor, because you can quickly get to toxic levels of medication (e.g. in many statins), if you add GFJ to your pre-dosing routine.

Be sure to review this: Improve Bioavailability of Rapamycin (2)

3 Likes

Good advice. I’m not on any other meds but will check my otc supplements.

1 Like

Also, review this: Rapamycin Interactions with Other Food, Drinks, Supplements and Drugs

3 Likes

Thanks for the details particular the info on GFJ. I have gone through my first cycle, so a newbie, and was planning take my rapamycin in the am and fast and not to work out for the next 48hrs. Was interested to understand the rationale for taking it in the evening after a meal and do you cycle or on a continuous schedule of every 10 days.

Thanks
C

1 Like

Hey Colin - welcome. We all share - we all learn - we all figure it out. My 2 years and 4 months have been enhanced by the rapamycin researchers info and members here. I feel good about my current dosing - 6mg swallowed with the juice of 1 Red Grapefruit. I get a 38.1 ng/mL dose - so I am giving myself 10 full days to get to almost zero trough ( amount in my body) before dosing again. Not every week - no every 2-weeks - lol 1.5 weeks.

It has been 10- days - soooo… tonight is gym - steak (rational high fat kicks up your dose) - 6 mg rapa and GFJ - will be a restless night - always is… blood pressure spikes 25 points up and pulse taht much too for about 3-days after that heavy dose. Skip lifting for 44 hours.

Best to you!

2 Likes

Wow, does that spike happen for most people? I hadn’t measured my bp after dosing. I did 4 mg and GFJ the other day and didn’t sleep well. Wonder if that is why.

1 Like

I take Rapamycin Monday morning (6 MG but I would never use GJ). Last night my blood pressure was 116/71, which is normal. I’ve never noticed a spike.

1 Like

I don’t know but I have been noticing it. I am guessing a lot of people don’t take there blood pressure too often. Initially I thought it was a blip from my Dark Magic coffee. Starting to think maybe more. Will do my blood pressure tomorrow before rapa and then take it over the next few days. Will see.

1 Like

Update… not the rapamycin… took B/P before Rapamycin at my trough. Spike was there…has to be some other supplement.

Waited and took 6 mg rapamycin this morning with one red grapefruit. Will check my B/P next few days. See what transpires.

2 Likes

FWIW

These cheap smart watchs record BP every 5 minutes continuous.

Definitely will pick one up tonight

I have posted this before.

If your are purchasing/looking on AliExpress review, E500, E400 and EP01. Have purchased all three, I have been using the E500. All have the same sensors and software the physical look interface look different.

Also review the app for these, called HBand.

Screen shot of BP data from H Band app;

2 Likes

Appreciate the suggestion. Looks like a great device.

Joseph

Do you have a link to the one you are using - concerned a go with the wrong one as multiple listings. Thanks c

I looked around, purchased the least expensive ones. As you see many people are selling the same item at different prices. Can look at my purchases tell you which ones if you want.

This is the person/company I purchased the E500 the cost was less than $47.00 delivered (I purchased this October 07, 2022)

https://m.aliexpress.us/item/3256804585712666.html?pdp_npi=2%40dis!USD!US%20%2469.99!US%20%2439.89!!!!!%400b89a67916703549469572846e1bcd!12000030418458178!sh01&spm=a2g0n.store_m_home.productList_2004137046044.0&gatewayAdapt=gloPc2usaMsite&_randl_shipto=US