A Friendly Biological Age Reduction Competition?

Definitely will pick one up tonight

I have posted this before.

If your are purchasing/looking on AliExpress review, E500, E400 and EP01. Have purchased all three, I have been using the E500. All have the same sensors and software the physical look interface look different.

Also review the app for these, called HBand.

Screen shot of BP data from H Band app;

2 Likes

Appreciate the suggestion. Looks like a great device.

Joseph

Do you have a link to the one you are using - concerned a go with the wrong one as multiple listings. Thanks c

I looked around, purchased the least expensive ones. As you see many people are selling the same item at different prices. Can look at my purchases tell you which ones if you want.

This is the person/company I purchased the E500 the cost was less than $47.00 delivered (I purchased this October 07, 2022)

https://m.aliexpress.us/item/3256804585712666.html?pdp_npi=2%40dis!USD!US%20%2469.99!US%20%2439.89!!!!!%400b89a67916703549469572846e1bcd!12000030418458178!sh01&spm=a2g0n.store_m_home.productList_2004137046044.0&gatewayAdapt=gloPc2usaMsite&_randl_shipto=US

Thanks for the info I had noticed that my avg heart rate had gone up when taking rapamycin so will not worry about this. Have ordered some more and long forward to my 10 day weights, steak, rapa and grapefruit juice nights.

Had read that grapefruit just extends the time it takes to clear rapamycin but your blood results show that it increases the blood levels so will get out the squeezer out even though I am not a fan for grapefruit juice.

1 Like

I was skeptical about this, but I might buy one as well. I would love advice that would track my blood pressure.

1 Like

I agree - LOL. It will extend your rapa supply.

FYI - the Wal-Mart Red Grapefruit cost about $1 for one. I slice with a knife and hand squeeze it through a handheld strainer. The GFJ and pills go down smooth and a bit sweet.

Joseph - Yes went through the descriptions and the same with different picture going with the one below - monitoring BP continuously will be great for me and ordering two so I have also got my father Christmas present sorted out so thank you.

Have struggled to get my BP down (all other health markers good that I have tested) and the monitoring will allow me to see what is affecting me and to try different mitigations out. Interested to see the effect of Rapamycin and use it to ensure 10 days will be the right time period for me.

https://bit.ly/3gYOc2N

Original E500 Blood Sugar Smart Watch ECG+PPG HRV Blood Pressure Body Temperature Smartwatch Men IP68 Waterproof Fitness Tracker

36 Reviews160 orders

2 Likes

FWIW…

Located the following video on the E500 watch.

I DID NOT purchase from the person who post the video.

4 Likes

Out of curiosity does the color of the grapefruit matter, or red is your preference?

1 Like

It is actually interesting… different types of grapefruit are known to be better CYP3A4 inhibition. We’ve had discussions on this in the past and someone found a scientific paper that identified the type of grapefruit that had the greatest inhibition. Hunt around with the search feature at the top of the page of the site and you’ll find it.

Some references I found on the web… a start for the search:

2 Likes

My local supermarket sells only one type of grapefruit, so it appears I am a captive audience.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity does the color of the grapefruit matter, or red is your preference?

Red Grapefruit is what Wal-Mart sells - flavor is sweet - not so jarring or sour… and from my LabCorp tests - I get a 6x’s increase with it and my rapamycin dose.

4 Likes

It is important to weigh or measure the amount of GFJ/Pulp that you take each time. I personally take 200 grams of mixture per dose of Rapa each time. This way if too much then easy to cut back and how much.

2 Likes

Hello All! :wave:

New here, this is my 1st post. Glad to be here. :grinning:

I’ll post my pre-rapa Phenotypic Age below. But first if anyone is curious, here’s a little background:

I’m just shy of 52, weigh 205 lbs at 6’ 2". I’ve been on HRT (Testosterone 1x/wk and HGH only on days I workout) for a few years, jog 2 miles, twice a week, and lift weights at the gym twice a week. (I am learning from this forum that HGH may not be beneficial for longevity, so a lot to consirder there…)

I eat well half the time and the other half I eat like garbage, very inconsistent. :crazy_face:

Just had all my bloodwork done (at hormone doc) last week, except CRP, that’s been a year and it was 1.4 so for the sake of this post I more than doubled it to 3. I’m do for my annual physical at my GP, I’ll request an updated CRP then.

I am going to start rapa after I find a place to order- so a few weeks. Here’s a screenshot of the Levine Phenotypic Age spreadsheet with my latest labs:

Thank you for creating this site @RapAdmin

4 Likes

Welcome to the website Guy. Looks like you’re doing well already… a phenotypic age of about 10 years lower than chronological age is a good start. Looking forward to seeing how things progress for you. Perhaps do blood testing and calculations again in 3 to 6 months. I think you may see a 3 to 5 year reduction in the phenotypic age using rapamycin over that period.

3 Likes

Just got my six month blood work. At 65 I have the blood work of a 49 year old!
Before the clinical trial I was at 52.

3 Likes

One Biomarker that Rapamycin works on is MCV where through inhibiting mTOR MCV is smaller. However, I am not myself sure that this particular conclusion is necessarily an improvement in health below say about 90 femto litres.

That is one of the issues with the Levine formula which I personally think is one of the best algorithms for using reliable data (bloodwork is only reliable up to a point)

I do note that your MCV has gone up, however. That sadly can be caused by a testing delay as can an increase in creatinine and a reduction in glucose (which metabolises in blood as well).

Your CRP is good, but it may be actually the miniumum that AgelessRX can test. In levine it is taken as a logarithm for good reasons.

2 Likes

Thanks, both tests were done at quest, the ageless RX has a calculator where you enter the values and it spits out a result. The CRP numbers were both listed by quest as less than .03

1 Like