3 months of Rapamycin, Blood Test Results

Such Blasphemy on a site called “rapamycin news” :grinning:

but of course It could be that rapamycin (vs. some other rapalog) is the imperfect molecule for humans and another rapalog is the answer (as the Cambian Biotech folks will argue).

Or - as we see in the rapamycin user survey - some rapamycin isn’t a good fit some percent of users (5% to 9%) based on results or side effects: Approximately 87% of Rapamycin Users Plan to Keep Using the Longevity Drug

4 Likes

Yes, when it comes to Rapamycin, I hold as much bias and sunk cost as anyone here but I do think we need to keep the possibility that it doesn’t work open. Put it this way, if another supplement had raised my HR and lowered my HRV so significantly I would discontinue it immediately.

7 Likes

@RapAdmin , yes I did - it appears they have tightened up their security since the original poster told us about it, and it is not possible to order Rapamycin on their site.

I did everything the other poster suggested and I was promptly refunded and told that the medication I ordered is not available due to its ‘addictive qualities’.

3 Likes

Thats a pretty creative rationale for blocking access to rapamycin…

3 Likes

yeah… I think they wised up and realised that they could possibly get into some legal hot water if they prescribed it.

3 Likes

Hi Basil,

Sorry to hear you had your rapa confiscated. Border force are such a pack of bastards. Criminals somehow manage to import tonnes of addictive drugs, yet an individual can’t import medicine!
Can you tell us where your rapa was coming from?

2 Likes

Hahaha. 4. Rapamycin doesn’t work in humans.

I might have felt similar had I not taken two different biological aging tests… one blood and one spit… and blew away both CEO’s with 27 years and 14 years difference from chronological age. They truly were stunned… nobody does what I did… in age differential. Something is happening inside that you wouldn’t necessarily notice like reduced inflamation… restored DNA methylation.

Also, shredding off visceral fat… dysphagia gone, arthritis gone… no body aches… crepe skin gone… skin on back of hand thickening…tightened.

Would be easy to think not too much is happening… the repair is subtle… just like aging is subtle too.
Looking forward to 2nd GlycanAge test next month and 3rd TruMe test. Lets see what is happening in testing other than CBC.

6 Likes

Hi @Basil_Dev - You entered the wrong number for CRP on the spreadsheet. Where you have the 0.1 number, you should enter in the cell: =LN(0.1*0.1)

Once you do that, you’ll see a reduction in your calculated age (for both tests).

Also, for the inputted age of 55, if you want to be precise and differentiate the age for the two different tests, you can use this formula: =YEARFRAC(birthday, test date). You can enter you birthday and test date somewhere else on the spreadsheet and then use the formula to calculate your chronoglogical age at the time of the test.

Would you mind uploading the results again once you correct the CRP numbers?

4 Likes

Hi @Basil_Dev

I read that if you don’t eat enough protein or calories, the liver will not be able to make enough albumin.

According to Michael Lustgarten, for him, albumin is correlated with beta-carrotene/vitamin A intake. Here’s his video:

2 Likes

Basil - are you putting the numbers in the yellow row (labeled “Input”) here as I’ve done in this example? it seems you may be inputing the information into the wrong row if you’re putting them into the row where you have highlighted in yellow above…

Pre-Rapa

See instructions from Mike Lustgarten here:

Source: Quantifying Biological Age | Michael Lustgarten

Source Research Paper by Yale/Levine: An epigenetic biomarker of aging for lifespan and healthspan - PubMed

1 Like

@RapAdmin

I think she put in the cInput row because they use different units in Australia than in the US. That’s fine for most of the numbers. However, for CRP, it’s not a linear conversion (like the other ones: albumin, creatinine, glucose), it’s a natural log calculation, hence the LN function. There is a LN function in the cell cInput for CRP, she just typed 0.1 in that cell, therefore overriding that formula.

2 Likes

Its an interesting thought that when you are deliberately constraining calories with a view to reducing weight (say) Albumin will go down. I am personally finding my Albumin just under 4g/dL. I am, on the other hand, losing about 1kg in weight each week.

2 Likes

I haven’t experimented with the spreadsheet to see if it works the same for entry into all the numbers of the lower row of numbers / calculations…

Also - here is an updated spreadsheet with more info:

DNAmPhenoAge_gen_Enhancedrn.xls (131.0 KB)

3 Likes

I think albumin could be a good test to let you know if you’re eating enough protein and calories.

1 Like

OK - here are what I think are the actual numbers based on the revised information on CRP, etc… Does this look right? (the “correct” numbers are in the cInput row, ignore the yellow highlighted row).

Before Rapa:

After Rapa:

1 Like

I know I am not eating enough calories. That is deliberate because I want to lose fat. However, it is interesting to link this to my Albumin levels. I have weekly blood tests and I also track my weight daily. My albumin levels earlier this year were in the upper 40s and are now in the upper 30s. I was sort of wondering why. Although Phenoage say higher Albumin is good Michael Lustgarten did a video which referenced something saying in fact Albumin is a u shaped curve. I wonder if people when obese have higher Albumin and hence it is in part a proxy for that combined with liver function. Hence high Albumin means obesity and low Albumin means bad liver function. (unless someone is on CR of some form)

I much prefer biological age systems like the Levine Phenoage to the Methylation clocks. They can be linked to something functional.

1 Like

I am not sure the CRP is right. It is probably a Units think. hsCRP goes down to 0.3 mg/L normally which is 0.03 mg/dL. Hence I don’t think you would have an input of 0.1 mg/L. Normal CRP goes as low as 0.6mg/L. It might be reasonable to put in 0.2, but also it might 1 and as it is logarithmic that will have an impact.

Because of all of the units things this can be a bit fiddly.

1 Like

I think some of the other numbers are a little off…for example glucose…we need to convert units to US units.

1 Like

You’re right. 0.1mg/L is very low. I’ve only see lab value say less than 0.3mg/L, i.e. they don’t even measure less than 0.3mg/L.

1 Like

Thats correct:

• The hs-CRP test accurately detects lower levels of the protein than the standard CRP test. It measures CRP in the range from 0.3 to 10 mg/L. This test is used to evaluate individuals for risk of CVD.
2 Likes