Which supplements are good for ALMOST EVERYONE?

Interesting. This makes it even more attractive for use in a future ITP. I don’t know the exact details but as I understand it they struggled to get a sulforaphane formulation to work and for that reason abandoned it previously.

1 Like

I think you mean creatine not creatinine.

3 Likes

Yes, I think she posts anonymously on Twitter as Julia B. If yes, she is a zealot for Lovaza (pharma EPA) and so anti-rapamycin it is close to disinformation.

1 Like

I may have to change my mind on omega 3s. While they may not cause harm, they may not provide as much benefits as stated since the placebo mineral oil used in the REDUCE study DID cause harmful effects.

I only hope that the drug developers did not do this intentionally to make their product more appealing.

4 Likes

I take an Omega 3 supplement twice a week. I found when I stopped taking it that I developed some aches. Hence I have concluded it has a positive effect for me. I probably have more Omega 3 now than I had then, however.

3 Likes

I will still take Omega 3, but the research issue from the study is very troubling. The researchers at best made a mistake and at worst were willfully deceptive.

3 Likes

Was “Mineral Oil” really a good idea in the first instance (as the placebo).

I looked at the paper and could not see a more precise description, but I am not sure i would want to drink this:

1 Like

Interesting. Huberman pushes EPA over DHA.

What are people’s thoughts on proportion EPA vs DHA is optimal to supplement?

That same crowd is always on Twitter promoting omega-3‘s, and slandering rapamycin.

1 Like

I’m 63, White, Male.

Thinking of adding the following to my supplement list:

• rapamycin: just found out about it and will be trying to get an appointment with a Dr to obtain ASAP
  • ginger: works as a blood thinner which can prevent the formation of clots that can lead to heart attack or stroke. Ginger also reduces inflammation in the same way as aspirin by blocking COX-2 — the enzyme that promotes inflammation
  • Alpha-lipoic acid (ALA): ALA is an antioxidant that can help protect cells from oxidative stress and may have potential benefits for brain health, including memory and cognitive function.
  • Plant sterols and stanols: These naturally occurring substances can help block cholesterol absorption in the intestines. They are found in small amounts in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and nuts. Some fortified foods, such as margarines and orange juice, contain added plant sterols and stanols.
  • Adaptogens (such as Ashwagandha or Rhodiola Rosea): Herbs that may help the body adapt to stress, support the adrenal glands, and promote overall well-being.

What I already take, or will be taking by the 20th(I add all of the time):

• Centrum Silver(1/day): A daily multivitamin providing essential vitamins and minerals tailored for adults aged 50 and over
  • Aspirin 81mg(1/day): Going to replace with ginger and nattokinase. Must NOT take aspirin if taking Nattokinase
  • Zinc 50mg(1/day): An essential mineral that supports immune function and other bodily processes
  • Super B(1/day): B-vitamin complex that supports energy production and various other body functions
  • Ginkgo Biloba 120mg(1/day): An herbal supplement that may improve cognitive function and circulation. Ginkgo has been repeatedly evaluated for its ability to reduce anxiety, stress, and other symptoms associated with Alzheimer’s disease and cognitive decline linked to aging.
  • Ubiquinol CoQ10 100mg(1/day): Important for energy production and cardiovascular health. Antioxidant For Heart Health, Beneficial To Statin Users
  • Vit C 500mg(1/day): An antioxidant that supports immune function and collagen production
  • Vit D3 50mg(2/day): Supports bone health, immune function, and mood regulation.
  • Vit K-2, MK-7 100mcg(2 per day): Essential for bone health and blood clotting.
  • Omega-3s 1065mg(2/day): Supports heart, brain, joint health, and reduces inflammation. Fish oil or algae-based supplements can provide additional omega-3 fatty acids, which can help improve heart health and lower LDL cholesterol.
  • Berberine 500mg(2 per day): May improve blood sugar control and heart health
  • Qunol Tumeric 1000mg(2/day): The active compound in turmeric, which has potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
  • Bacopa Monnieri 350mg(2/day): Herbal Nootropic Working Memory Supplement for Brain Function…adaptogenic herb that may improve cognitive function and memory
  • Odorless Garlic 3600mg(3/day): Supports heart health and may have antioxidant properties
  • Resveratrol 800mg, Quercetin 250mg, MCT 850mg (3/day): NAD Supplement; A blend of antioxidants and medium-chain triglycerides for heart health and energy support.
  • Nicotinamide Riboside (NR): NR is a precursor to NAD+, which is essential for cellular energy production and overall health. These supplements have shown potential in supporting healthy aging.
  • N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC): NAC is an antioxidant and a precursor to glutathione, one of the most potent antioxidants in the body. NAC can support liver health, immune function, and may have potential cognitive benefits.
  • Nattokinase Supplement 4000 FU: Alzheimer’s disease, Although animal models suggest nattokinase may degrade amyloid plaques, human studies have not been conducted.
  • Psyllium Husk: Metamucil Psyllium Fiber Capsules; This soluble fiber supplement can help lower LDL cholesterol and may have a positive effect on ApoB levels.
  • Fisetin: Fisetin is a natural flavonoid with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It has shown potential in promoting brain health and combating age-related cognitive decline.
4 Likes

Hi, and welcome to the site.

To track how things are going for you, it might be helpful to do a full blood work analysis prior to starting rapamycin, etc., and to track the changes over time. See these threads for an idea of how it helps, etc.:
Here: My Lab and Fitness Results After 3 months of Rapamycin Use
Here: What blood tests are people taking?, Any rapamycin specific ones?
Here: Blood Tests and Biomarkers pre-Rapamycin

Also - I recommend you check out this thread on supplements that can impact rapamycin users: Rapamycin Interactions with Other Food, Drinks, Supplements and Drugs - #2 by RapAdmin

4 Likes

According to Dr. Rhonda Patrick and Dr. Hi erman, these are the three basic supplements everyone should take for cognitive enhancement.

1. Omega 3s
  2. Magnesium
  3. Vitamin D3
3 Likes
1 Like

Although I am loathe to speak for “everyone,” one supplement I have not yet seen mentioned in this thread is lithium. It is a trace mineral that most cannot get in sufficient quantity without supplementation.

9 Likes

Yes, Lithium orotate is excellent for mental health and overall well being.

3 Likes

Not sure where to put this paper on creatine. Couldn’t find it here. It’s a nice myth buster. I’m particularly interested in the link between creatine to DHT conversion from Testosterone. The one study that showed higher DHT from creatine has not been repeated but was mentioned by the More Plates, More Dates guy on The Drive.

Others have speculated about gylcine (a component of creatine) upregulating androgen receptors.

1 Like

There’s also a lot of anecdotal reports saying creatine worsened hair loss (which would suggest it increases DHT). Could just be confirmation bias, but that’s the main reason I’ve avoided creatine despite other potential benefits.

1 Like

I still don’t believe there can be a causal connection between creatine levels and 5ar production. Maybe artificially high creatine levels can cause telugen effluvium? Or maybe it really is just a coincidence that men who take creatine also happen to be losing hair at the same time (men in their 20s and 30s going to the gym).

If DHT is unregulated by creatine in some men, then I think we, in a large sample, should see higher PSA numbers and an increased incidence of BPH in users of creatine.

That would be an interesting study to be done.

The role of dihydrotestosterone in benign prostatic hyperplasia - PubMed (nih.gov)

2 Likes