Where to get Rapamycin enteric coated

Side effects are not a good measure of whether rapamycin is in your system. I’ve only had side effects once in a while (that I’ve noticed) - once a mouth sore, a few weeks (over the past 4 years) of rash on my arm. You don’t want side effects. I’ve gone as high as 28mg in a 10 day period (single dose) and no side effects. But I’ve also gotten side effects (mouth sore) at 4mg dose.

If you look at our Poll, most people don’t have side effects: Side Effects of Rapamycin (part 2)

2 Likes

Why do you think they don’t work?

Trusted person in supplement industry say they fail their gastric simulation tests.

Definitely do a Labcorp test 2 -3 hours after dose…and you will know.

1 Like

I get my prescription through the mail… Carelon Pharmacy… ftom my health insurance… Anthem Blue Cross. Will get my next 3 month supply delivered on January 10th. Curious as to what I get… this time. So far they have switched me Sirolimus, then Rapamune and now Zydus.

My Labcorp tests are pretty consistent with Dr. Reddy and Greenstone. The dose without anything is the dose when tested… say you take 6 mg… get 6 mg on Labcorp results.

With Grapefruit juice (GFJ)… I get a 3 to 6 increase in the dose. Lately 4 times… has been showing when taken with GFJ. I use GFJ… to stretch out my supply.

I only get blood Labcorp checked every 3 months.

Next test will be early March. I will test the Zydus then. Unless I just do it next week or so … test cost $90… but insurance typically covers it.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

…“The rapamycin test cost less than $60.00 through Marek.”…

Review;

2 Likes

I guess so. Just this morning I was taking my Rapamune (Pfizer) rapamycin pill and got distracted by something and had it in my hand for few minutes and my hand got sweaty and in just few minutes of holding it in my damp hands started to dissolve its coating. I was a bit shocked by this.

1 Like

How are you getting insurance to pay for this? Is your doctor using a specific cpt code?

2 Likes

It is worth it to put the Rapamycin tablets in a 00 capsule to prevent it from dissolving while taking it with a glass of water then. Could someone test their serum level difference of taking rapamycin tables with 00 capsules and without?

1 Like

Just sent you a PM.
From others with a prescription- ordered my first script… will pay cash for the first 30 pills (Walmart has the best deal with Good RX).

It’s about $4.30 per per 2 mg.

Taken with GFJ - 2 mg… would make 6 mg weekly… cost $22 per month.

2 Likes

Yes, i have put sirolimus tablet in enteric capsule… not sure if it could hurt? Worst case take longer to dissolve? Any thoughts?

1 Like

As long as the sirolimus tablet is itself enteric coated, it will all work well.
My thoughts were about preventing water/saliva from dissolving the tablet, it will work without enteric capsules. Remember enteric capsules probably don’t really work.

1 Like

Best thing to do would be to test your blood sirolumus levels with and without this approach. How to get a Rapamycin (sirolimus) Blood Level Test

I imagine you could be protecting the sirolimus tablet so well that you just poop the tablet out a few hours later…

2 Likes

Chiming in here with my 2 cents:
We have done blood levels on Ramapune vs one of the generic (Dr Reddy i believe) and the results were nearly identical.
Other generic brand may or may not provide the same levels
I do NOT recommend testing 2-3hrs after. Sirolimus levels peak within a couple hours, but its very hard to catch the actual peak - so trying to do so is a fool’s errand.
Instead, I would recommend either a 24 or 48hour post-ingestion level.
Data seems to be converging on a target level of around 5 ng/ml (2 to 10ng/ml) as the “longevity” level for sirolumus.

Compounded rapamycin can be a very cost effective way of getting it. However, you will need to 3x the dose (ie instead of 5mg/wk of generic/brand, do 15mg/wk of compounded). Follow it up with a 24 or 48hr blood level.

We are writing up a paper on some of this - hope to have it submitted for publication soon…

7 Likes

Mark Cuban Cost Plus pharmacy has enteric coated Sirolimus tablets.

Do you know the manufacturer they use? Or can you just tell by looking at the tablet?

Do you know the manufacturer they use? Or can you just tell by looking at the tablet?

Manufacturer is Ascend Laboratories, and it is shipped from a Florida-based pharmacy that is affiliated with Cost Plus called HealthDyne.

2 Likes

Yes - here is the exact product:

https://www.ascendlaboratories.com/Home/ProductDetails?NDC=67877074701

They also make Everolimus generic:

https://www.ascendlaboratories.com/Home/ProductDetails?NDC=67877072131

3 Likes

What do you see in those details that tells you the sirolimus tablet is enteric coated? I also take Ascend and get it from Cost Plus Drugs. Thank you.

1 Like

I also use the Cost Plus Drugs and get the Ascend sirolimus. How can you tell they’re enteric coated?

1 Like