Where to buy Highest Quality Sirolimus? (at US Pharmacies)

New member here. I DO have a prescription for Sirolimus. 1 mg 90 days. Where is best place to fill in order to get highest quality since its generic? Example CVS, WalGreens, WalMart? How do I find out who the manufacturer is before filling? For ex. Does CVS typically source with a more reputable generic maker than say a local independent pharmacy? I have read about ordering online but that seems to be if one needs an Rx. I would pay more $ for a better quality if I could figure out which was better. Thank you for your recommendations.

FWIW, start by going to www.singlecare.com
You can see prices at locations by zip code and get a discount card.

1 Like

Hi, and welcome to the site. Thanks for posting. In the USA I believe that there are only two manufacturers of the generic version of sirolimus: Glenmark (which seems to be the most common source) and Dr. Reddy’s. I have never seen any comparison’s between the quality of these two generics, but given that this drug is used primarily for organ transplant patients - and if the drug was not working, the wrong dosing, or had contaminants, it seems likely that the patients would notice relatively quickly.

I don’t know if any of the pharmacy chains focus on a specific manufacturer of sirolimus.

If you are very concerned about quality of the generics (which I don’t think is a big concern generally), you can always go with the brand name product Pfizer Rapamune. You can also order the Pfizer rapamune from overseas where it is about $3.5 / mg.

We have some lab tests on drugs from India which are quite inexpensive (typically around $1/mg). See the lab tests on quality here: Rapamycin / Sirolimus from India, Lab Test Report on Quality / Purity

Here is some other information on the different sources of rapamycin:
See: How to buy Rapamycin (Sirolimus)? What is the cost?
To get Rapamune: No Prescription Needed for Rapamycin Purchase in Turkey

and: How to buy Rapamycin (Sirolimus)? What is the cost?

I think there are more than two. Last refill was from this one:
https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=ad39eb60-1fa0-4722-8ba1-523194921c2a

I think you’ll find CVS and Walgreens are very expensive even with a discount card (Combined they control so much of th market they don’t offer discounts). The cheapest I have been able to find is at the pharmacy of a supermarket using the singlecare discount card, but its also worth checking Goodrx in your area.

Interesting… I’ve never heard of Northstar Rx, but looking more closely I see that this is just the “Packager” and the manufacturer is Glenmark:

Here is a full list of the FDA approved manufacturers of Sirolimus:

Generic Rapamune Availability

Last updated on Sep 8, 2022.

Rapamune is a brand name of sirolimus, approved by the FDA in the following formulation(s):

RAPAMUNE (sirolimus - solution;oral)

• Manufacturer: PF PRISM CV
    Approval date: September 15, 1999
    Strength(s): 1MG/ML [RLD] [AA]

RAPAMUNE (sirolimus - tablet;oral)

Approval date: August 25, 2000
    Strength(s): 1MG [RLD] [AB]
    Approval date: August 22, 2002
    Strength(s): 2MG [RLD] [AB]
    Approval date: February 23, 2004
    Strength(s): 5MG (discontinued) [RLD]
    Approval date: January 25, 2010
    Strength(s): 0.5MG [RLD] [AB]

Has a generic version of Rapamune been approved?

A generic version of Rapamune has been approved by the FDA. However, this does not mean that the product will necessarily be commercially available - possibly because of drug patents and/or drug exclusivity. The following products are equivalent to Rapamune and have been approved by the FDA:

sirolimus solution;oral

• Manufacturer: AMNEAL
    Approval date: October 18, 2019
    Strength(s): 1MG/ML [AA]
  • Manufacturer: APOTEX
    Approval date: October 22, 2019
  • Manufacturer: NOVITIUM PHARMA
    Approval date: January 28, 2019

sirolimus tablet;oral

• Manufacturer: ALKEM LABS LTD
    Approval date: March 12, 2021
    Strength(s): 0.5MG [AB], 1MG [AB], 2MG [AB]
  • Manufacturer: DR REDDYS
    Approval date: October 27, 2014
    Strength(s): 1MG [AB], 2MG [AB]
  • Manufacturer: GLENMARK PHARMS LTD
    Approval date: October 16, 2020
    Strength(s): 0.5MG [AB], 1MG [AB], 2MG [AB]
  • Manufacturer: ZYDUS PHARMS
    Approval date: January 8, 2014
    Strength(s): 0.5MG [AB]

Source: https://www.drugs.com/availability/generic-rapamune.html

But I’ve heard most often from people here that their generic (purchased in the USA from regular pharmacies) is Glenmark manufactured…

I have consult Monday, Oct 17 with MD whom issues Rx for Rapa for anti-aging. I will ask recommendations, but I found Sirolimus available from Amazon pharmacy, at better prices of some of the chains, & quality likely less risky than Asian import.

Thank you all for this information.

Amazon pharmacy Carries it.