Using testosterone with rapamycin

Hello everyone,

I just started taking my rapamycin. I am also taking testosterone cypionate injections every 2 weeks ( low dose 0.75ml ). I feel great on it but on testosterone but am really worried that this is undoing the benefit of the rapamycin ( by the way rapamycin is very expensive and hard to get here in Canada ).

Any thoughts?

2 Likes

Hi, and welcome to the site. We have a number of community members taking both rapamycin and testosterone with good results. You can see the past discussions on these topics at these threads:

Here: ? for those of you on testosterone replacement

Here: Rapamycin used with Testosterone replacement

Yes - we’ve heard that rapamycin is a little harder to get in Canada, but many people are reporting some success with ordering from India. How did you end up getting yours?

Some past discussions on Canada / rapamycin: Does anyone have success importing Rapamycin to Canada?

1 Like

If 50% of your rapamycin orders from India are seized by customs, you will still save money.

5 Likes

Rapamycin is very expensive here in Canada - $795 for 100 of the 2mg tablets. Integrative/functional/antiaging medicine is very difficult to access - virtually no private clinics so they dont offer these alternative/non public funded services. Some male health clinics will prescribe this but not very openly and not discussed by mainstream medicine. I was lucky to find a sympathetic Dr but he didnt ask too many questions.

2 Likes

Still better/same as Europe. And if these are Canadian dollars much better.

What brand of rapamycin; Pfizer rapamune or a generic?
Thats about $4/mg, which is high for a generic, but might actually be a good price for rapamune.

1 Like

I am 65 1/2 years… I’ve been on TRT… cypionate 200 mg …1ml injection once a week for 4 years.

My Trume methylation is 50 years or younger, GlycanAge has me at 42 years, Levine blood test 51 years.

With a 15 year younger than my 65 chronolical years difference…I don’t see it aging me… faster at all.

I think rapamycin might counter any negative cypionate issues.

3 Likes

the sirolimus was Rapamune 1mg from Pfizer. I made a mistake ( I told the dr to prescribe 2mg per day but the tablets are actually 1mg )

so its $795 Canadian dollars for 100 tablets of the 1mg.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity as a fellow Canadian, what part of the country are you in? I would love to know where there are medical doctors that are open to rapamycin and related longevity approaches. As you’ve said, it is rare here.

2 Likes

I wasn’t impressed by the article, which didn’t seem professionally written. It had more salesmanship than scholarship.

1 Like

I think the scare about using TRT comes from the reports of abuse by bodybuilders.

Most of the latest thinking is that low T in the elderly increases the risk of all-cause mortality.

“Optimal androgen levels are a biomarker for survival because older men with midrange levels of T and DHT had the lowest death rates from any cause”

1 Like

A little testosterone / libido humor courtesy of James Watson…

2 Likes

Premium article on testosterone:

4 Likes

I have taken Rapamycin on and off for five years, and TRT for nearly a year. I find them very complementary.
fwiw I think your TRT dose and frequency are way too low-- you may be suppressing your endogenous testosterone without adequate replenishment, ie. doing more harm than good.
Given the half-life of test cyp or enanthate (about 7 days), you should take at least weekly at that dose (and dose should probably be higher, too). My Rx is for one 200mg dose weekly, but I take 150mg per week in 3 doses (injection). Keeps levels moderately high and very steady, closer to the normal circadian rhythm of endogenous secretion.
I live in Vancouver and order my Rapamycin from India. I have it sent to a US PO Box just over the border to avoid Canadian customs.

3 Likes

Considering the use of 5ar inhibitors for BPH has no impact on all cause mortality in men, testosterone alone is they key vital hormone in men to watch out for.

2 Likes

I agree completely. It’s the abuse of testosterone that’s given it such a bad name. I think balancing hormones is incredibly important and powerful. I encouraged my wife start hrt when she went through menopause. She takes a troche with a compounded mixture of hormones that includes just a touch of testosterone as well. It did wonders for her in many ways not to mention she looks great I think it helps her keep a nice waistline and youthful skin. It’s more “acceptable” for women because of menopause. Most people don’t think male menopause or “andropause” is a thing. Most doctors would rather prescribe antidepressants, anxiolytics, and/or PDE5-I’s to treat symptoms rather than even tests the correct labs for hormone imbalance.

I am not currently on TRT. I have been in a calorie deficit for quite sometime which I’m sure has affected my hormones. Yet my most recent total T was >700. Unfortunately SHBG is high, causing lowish free T. I’m currently trying to optimize my hormones through lifestyle and supplements but I’m very open to TRT when the time comes. I think @Agetron has the right idea when it comes to TRT and Rapa!

1 Like

Also interested in doctors willing to prescribe in Canada. Although all my shipments from India have made it through customs.

1 Like

Steve wrote: I’m very open to TRT when the time comes. I think @Agetron has the right idea when it comes to TRT and Rapa!

Yeah… pretty amazing. My muscle tone and strength… off the charts for 65.5 years.

Inflammation is an indicator of heart issues… and arthrocleurosis.

Just had my GlycanAge test reviewed by Aleksander Vojta. Super respect for this intelligent researcher. Very thoughtful. I have literally no inflammation based on my test… glycans on my proteins. Stands by report… biologically 42 years. That’s a 23 year difference. Very unusual.

Alex told me today… it is apparent the rapamycin and TRT combination is making a huge health difference for me. Only suggestion was do a good probiotic.

Started a living probiotic today… Florajen needs refrigerated… living stuff. Recommended by my Pharmacist.

I am being interviewed tomorrow for their GlyanAge blog. My rapamycin weekly dosing is seen as an impressive health and life extension treatment.

5 Likes

Took a pic at the gym this evening - rocking my GlycanAge biological age 42 years! Hahahah.
Lately, when asked, I just tell people I am 50 years old and get no blow back. Actual chronological age 65.5 years.

My program: Rapamycin 6-8 mg weekly, TRT cypionate 200 mg weekly.
Cypionate

4 Likes

@ConquerAging posted a good new video on Testosterone:

5 Likes