Tips on how to convince my doctor to prescribe rapamycin?

@RapAdmin & @ajmch: Mobi seems like a very good way to go. Big thanks!

1 Like

I have to say, though, that I will rather look for a real MD, in my neighbourhood, someone I can sit face to face to and maybe develop a relationship with. A doctor who helps me to look after my health, rather than a team who is always trying to fight some predefined diseases that I am supposed to have, and who is rather working with the insurance bureaucracy than with me. For now, my insurance plan is tying me to HMOs, which I found suboptimal. I wrote them to have it changed and be free to choose any doctor I like. Then Iā€™ll look around. There is no rush, after all.

1 Like

FWIWā€¦

ā€œIf you wait until you are ready, it is almost certainly too late.ā€ ~ Seth Godin

From Mikhail V Blagosklonny paper;

Rapamycin for longevity: opinion article

My quote

ā€œEvery day we are one day closer to deathā€ - Joseph

1 Like

Oh, thank you, but Iā€™m not waiting! :slight_smile: I work my ass off every day to stay healthy, and to get fitter and younger. Iā€™m not sure (yet) that rapamycin would bring me that much of an advantage. And it does come with a few problems and hurdles. Iā€™ll solve them, because it looks like a really good thing, but without rush.
Also, Iā€™m not really concerned about death. So many people died already (a few around me, too, as Iā€™m getting oldā€¦), Iā€™d just be one more, no big dealā€¦ Iā€™m rather concerned about the journey. So for example, Iā€™d rather live stronger and shorter, than the longest possible if I must hunker down the whole time.

ā€œNot taking rapamycin may be as dangerous as smokingā€ ~ Mikhail V Blagosklonny

From;

Rapamycin for longevity: opinion article

[quote=ā€œJoseph, post:22, topic:1598ā€]
ā€œNot taking rapamycin may be as dangerous as smokingā€ ~ Mikhail V Blagosklonny[/quote]

From the dawn of civilization, humanity has dreamed of immortality. So why didnā€™t the discovery of the anti-aging properties of mTOR inhibitors change the world forever?

ā€“ Same author, same article

The thing is, mTOR regulation with rapamycin does not provide immortality.

For immortality, I of course would run, and I guess many would, too. That would change the game so profoundly! But live 10, 20, 30% longer? Yes, sure, but no rush. Living healthier? Yes, much more interesting, actually. But still a bit problematic.
Actually, Iā€™m now convinced that immortality is becoming attainable and that does motivate me. But for me, it still is a gamble. If there is no real breakthrough in the next few years or decades, I only can hope for my children to have that kind of future in front of them. So, yes, Iā€™ll make the rapamycin journey while hoping for that breakthrough to come in time for me. But within a whole effort, not as a miracle cure. And I donā€™t smoke.

1 Like

In my experience, doctors either know about anti-aging science and will gladly help you or they donā€™t. If they donā€™t, itā€™s almost impossible to get them consider it. So, you are better off looking for a doctor who already prescribes it. My doctor is Dr brad Rosen in the LA area:
bradrosen@me.com
He is well respected and was invited to participate in recently set up anti-aging study run by Dr Kaberlin at UW in collaboration with Dr Green.
Dr Rosn is well informed on all anti-aging meds and supps and generally very well informed and understands cutting edge science. Anti-aging medicine is a small specialty practice for him and not his full time career. He is smart and kind and helpful and is NOT doing it for money. He spends more time with me discussing details and answering my questions while charging a fraction of what I pay to my other doctors.

3 Likes

donā€™t bother. buy it from India where it comes from. doctors and drug companies arenā€™t really worth the time. thereā€™s little they can tell you that you canā€™t just read yourself. thatā€™s what iā€™ve found. maybe the doctors youā€™ve run across are ok. the ones i find are dumber than me. i mean iā€™m sure there are really good doctors somewhere. iā€™ve just never found them.

3 Likes

Thanks for your answer! The big problem is that here in Sweden the drugs will most likely be stopped in the customs. So itā€™s not a reliable way of getting it in to the country.

are you sure? in the USA, itā€™ll be checked, but as long as itā€™s not narcotics or illicit, they could care less whether you have a prescription for it.

2 Likes

well itā€™ll depend on the doctor you randomly getā€¦ the one i got said ā€œno i canā€™t prescribe rapamycin for you or iā€™ll getā€ (uh, i forget the word, disbarred from being a doctor or whatever). still cost $65 but you wonā€™t necessarily get a doctor whoā€™s ok with rapamycin.

1 Like

One person ordered Rapamycin powder from china, it was shipped by a Fedex small envelop to Spain posing as a lab sample, and passed through spainā€™s custom.

ā€œHave been taking 6 mg Rapa weekly for 3 years, was Dr. Greens 2nd. patient 3 years ago. Am a 73 yo healthy male. I was motivated by Steve Roedde and I ordered and received 1.5 grams(1500 mg) of Pharma grade 99% Rapamycin powder from China, I paid $190 including $40 for shipping. No problem with Customs. (I live in Spain) Also, received 1 kg. Pharma grade Lactose powder which I will use to cut my Rapa. My intention is to mix the Rapa with 1/2 kg., 500 gm (500,000 mg.) of Lactose. Will hand mix per the protcol set forth on Pharma video for mixing powders. I will be using a SS spoon, instead of a Mortar and Pestal. Start with 1.5 grams rapa and add 1.5 grams of latose, mix very well, add 3.0 grams of latose to mixture and mix well, (doubling the mixture in bowl each cycle) repeating until all 500 grams has been mixed with the rapa. Time consuming, but the correct way to do it. Each 333.333 mg. (3.333 g) will contain 1 mg. Rapa. 500,000/1500.ā€

9 Likes

Stephenā€¦
how do you buy yours from India ??

Cynda

Hi Cynda, welcome to the forums. Many people here buy their rapamycin from the vendors weā€™ve listed here, that people have had success with.

2 Likes

I learned every bit of it from Mr. RapAdmin here :slight_smile:

This page is especially helpful: Importing Rapamycin to Save Money (pt 2)

2 Likes

Can you tell us who the provider was you worked with? From another post, it sounds like how well the process works depends on the provider they hook you up with.

Ditto for anyone else on the site that has used push health or similar successfully.

How much did the provider cost?

Thanks, Beth

FWIW

I used push heath 4 times, since February, 2022. Two new prescriptionā€™s and two refills. Same MD all the time. Cost was $67.00/$65.00 each time.

And I will use them again.

Unless youā€™re in Maryland, you couldnā€™t use the same provider as me.

If they donā€™t prescribe, you donā€™t pay, so no risk. I think itā€™s $65/70

I got a doc in Fl who gave me a 30 day script but requires a lab test for refill.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing, what dose did the doc prescribe?

1 Like