Tally Health - A new biological age testing Company

FWIW…

Sinclair launched a new biological age testing Company called Tally Health.

I signed up for the waiting list.

That is all I know.

We appear to be on the same mailing list - I got this yesterday in my email inbox:

Early access to Tally Health’s biological age test beta is here!

Hi again from David Sinclair.

My team at Tally Health and I have been developing an at-home test that will measure your biological age as our first step in our work to increase access to tools that add extra years of health and vitality to life.

To participate in our beta program and get early access to our test for free, fill out our quick survey h e r e. Once you fill it out, we will follow up with next steps to receive the beta test kit (while supplies last).

Click here or the button below to complete the survey to be included!

Get early, free access!

To a better, healthier life,

Dr. David A. Sinclair, A.O. Ph.D. Founder, Tally Health co-Director, Paul F. Glenn Center for Biology of Aging Research, Harvard University

P.S.: What areas of health and aging would you most like tools built for? Feel free to respond to this email - we want to hear from you, and we’re all ears!

Tally Health, 599 West Putnam Avenue Greenwich, Connecticut 06830

1 Like

Yes, we must be.
Received the other day. Signed up on list I was over 86,000.

My father got into the trial. Here is a special video that only trial members can view. Enjoy…

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like

This is why Dr. Sinclair is so successful.

2 Likes

Just signed up! Thanks.

I just got my results back

2 Likes

submitted a sample for this and received an email saying my results are ready, but system does not recognize my email!

1 Like

It would be nice to see the science behind yet another DNAm clock. Also, how does it compare to all of the other ones in terms of accuracy?

Looking at the subscription model, this is too much to pay for a program like that, especially since the endpoints are so vague (“longevity”), and the means to get there include a pill and a phone app. Most people would be better served spending that amount of money on a weight loss program like Calibrate, where at least the endpoint is reliably measurable (losing weight), and will contribute to healthspan anyway.

1 Like

A cheap way of measuring your biological age: get a device that measures pulse wave velocity for cardiac health. Consumer scales like Withings have that feature.

I wonder if these clock could be validated against the results of PWV readings. Intuitively, it does make sense that someone with poor cardiovascular health would have a faster biological clock, and vice versa.

Many of us use the Levine Phenotypic calculations, and Aging.ai , free spreadsheet based, and online… good enough given the current state of the science I think. See: A Friendly, Biological Age Reduction Competition?

You can run a large number of biomarkers against an age profile.

I just got the Tally Results back for my father:

This makes no sense to me as my father is one of the healthiest people I know.

He is:

1 . A pesco-vegetarian (some sugar sometimes)
2. Practices OMAD (1 meal a day IF)
3. A gym rat - does resistance training every other day
4. Is very healthy (great bloodwork)
5. Takes some supplements (vitamin D, glycine, NAC, Astaxanthin, Omega 3s)
6. Neither drinks nor smokes
7. Is on the light-side weight-wise (almost too light!)

I am not sure what could make him lead an even healthier lifestyle, but these epigenetic results seem plain wrong. However, when I did my own, my epigenetic age was 9 years older than my biological one. It may be some genetic factor that is skewing the results. Rapamycin did bring my epigenetic age down 7 years though from +16 years older for me!

However, based on a genomic analysis, we both have the FOXO longevity genes as well as other genomic predispositions towards longevity. Based on the aging.AI bloodwork, I am 19 years younger than my biological age. My father is similar.

Frankly, I’m baffled. And, with these kinds of results, either my family is an epigenetic aberration or there’s something wrong. Maybe our epigenetic ages are so good, they wrapped around the other side?

Maybe we should go for the longest living person record based on epigenetic age…

1 Like

Is there something in his past that might have negatively influenced his biological age? Smoking, diet, illness?

1 Like

He didn’t smoke. He did have a drink a day from his 20s to his late 40s and then gave it up. He had prostate cancer, but kept a close eye on it and had it surgically removed in 2019 with no recurrence. He had a normal American diet until he developed prostate cancer in the 2010s when he switched to vegetarian. Other than that, he has been in great shape and says he feels as fit as he did in his 20s. He, like @Agetron, is the paragon of health I wish I could be.

Now that I think about it though. Once a week back in the 1980s, our family volunteered at the church Bingo game for 3-4 hours each Friday. That place was so full of smoke, the second-hand smoke was probably as bad as smoking. I worked there too but that was in my childhood. Could that have done it?

1 Like

There is always the possibility that the test result is simply wrong

5 Likes

If I were you I’d get his blood test results and see how he does on the Levine Phenotypic calculations, and the Aging.AI calculations for biological age. I wonder if they vary, or are consistent with the Tally Health measures…

3 Likes

I am 41, and my tally age came back as 45. I’m a pretty healthy person, exercise, eat fairly clean, take rapa… i couldnt find any real information on how they generate their age. They try to get you to sign up for a membership to get any information.

1 Like

Was a beta tester for Tally Health too, just got my results back. Shows I’m nearly 10 years younger than chronological age.

Is anyone considering the monthly membership?

2 Likes